Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatch Testing...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Could anyone correct me on this,,, this is just some testing I have done and wonder if anyone could tell me this is incorrect or they have seen the same pattern.

Parent Pet A has 4 talents,, I will call them A1,A2,A3,A4, and four that you don't know, I will call them A5-A10.
Parent Pet B has 4 talents,, I will call them B1,B2,B3,B4 and four that you don't know, I will call them B5-B10.

As Darthjt noted, the following is provided that each parent does not have overlapping Talents. In that case, only one overlapping talent seems to be transferred.

It seems very consistant, that the offspring will get seven talents from the A1-A4 and B1-B4 group. At first I always thought it was all eight from the A and B group, but I am sure that is not the case now. Then three random talents from either parents to complete the ten.

Has anyone see a patteren like this when they hatch?

Thanks,
Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
When I hatched my pet to give me resist quite a while ago, I got the same pet I had, but the same pedigree as the other pet. When I trained it, it appeared to have 2 of my pet's talents and 2 of the other guy's talents.