Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping others in Need.....

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professors,
I have a subject that has come up on another post I was responding to today and I thought I'd just go ahead and ask you to see if I could get a response. Is it possible to look up a wizard in the spiral by their wizard name? Meaning, if someone was to try to find me to get me to help them, could they type in somewhere Hunter SilverHeart and find me? If so, how is this done? If not, is it against the message board rules to tell people that I will be somewhere at a specific time so they can meet me and I can help them with a current task? As you know, many areas in the Spiral are very difficult to complete on your own and some are impossible. I believe that it would be helpful to let people know that I am willing to help them (if I'm able to get to where they need the help that is) if they so desire the help. Just like I just had in the other post I had previously answered. Someone is stuck and doesn't seem to get a response by standing around asking for help. I've had this happen to me and understand the frustration.

Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Hunter SilverHeart

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
One potential issue is non-unique player names. There are slightly over a million possible names for male characters, and probably about that for female characters. With well over a million accounts created, many of which have multiple characters, even a random name allocation would dictate that a lot of names are had by more than one person. With some names being fairly popular, it's much worse yet; I'd be shocked if there are fewer than a hundred characters named Luke SkyWalker.

As for things that are undoable solo, there really isn't much of that. You'll probably need a group to do Sunken City or Kensington as soon as you get access, but Sunken City is definitely soloable in your mid 20s, and my guess is that Kensington is eventually soloable, too, though I haven't tried it. Everything else outside of Dragonspyre is readily soloable, and I hear that most of Dragonspyre is, too. If you're stuck on something else and cannot solo it, you're probably missing something on how combat works, such as improper shield usage, failing to discard, or bad deck setup that will force you to pass a lot.

The game could use an LFG (Looking For Group) tool, though.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
Professors,
I have a subject that has come up on another post I was responding to today and I thought I'd just go ahead and ask you to see if I could get a response. Is it possible to look up a wizard in the spiral by their wizard name? Meaning, if someone was to try to find me to get me to help them, could they type in somewhere Hunter SilverHeart and find me? If so, how is this done? If not, is it against the message board rules to tell people that I will be somewhere at a specific time so they can meet me and I can help them with a current task? As you know, many areas in the Spiral are very difficult to complete on your own and some are impossible. I believe that it would be helpful to let people know that I am willing to help them (if I'm able to get to where they need the help that is) if they so desire the help. Just like I just had in the other post I had previously answered. Someone is stuck and doesn't seem to get a response by standing around asking for help. I've had this happen to me and understand the frustration.

Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Hunter SilverHeart

I do not believe that searching for you by your wizard name is possible. Partly because, wizard names are not unique. There could be countless other wizards with the same name as yours or mine. Also, I do not believe there is a search feature built into the game, other than people on your friends list, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with making a post to offer help, however. Seems like a great idea to me. I would say that the best way would be discuss on the forum and come to an agreement on when and where to meet for assistance, including the realm.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
This is a good thing. I would not want to be pestered by people constantly msging me for help. Last night I had this very annoying life mage texting me over and over again to help him with every little thing. I got really fed up and removed him from my friend list. There was no "Please" in any of his text. I don't mind helping people but he was rather rude about it.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
If you go to wizard101central.com, you will find many groups formed to help people with their quests as well as other fan groups and support. Good luck!

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
thank you all very much for your comments. They are very much appreciated. Thanks for pointing out that the names are not user specific and your right, they can be used over and over....I didn't think about that so that would defeat my question/purpose.

I'd like to hear from an administrator/professor on whether or not it is illegal to Wizard101/KI standards to use the message boards to name dates, times, etc... to try to help others???

Last thing I want to do is have my account shutdown for doing something wrong on here.

Hunter SilverHeart