Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously... Where is Malistaire from?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
really, you must read the story as you play,, no one instructor has told where they are from. he was the death school master before his wife died, why make it more than that?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
colas857 on Mar 25, 2012 wrote:
i think wizard city but im not sure malistare might be from a unknowen world
think he is from ds

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Mar 8, 2012 wrote:
The origin of Malistaire is such mystery. I for one believe that he is from an unmentioned world, Wizard City, or Dragonspyre.

I often have the concept that he is or once was part of a hereditary monarchy. Say he's descended of king Mene and would be the ruler of Dragonspyre had it not been destroyed; which is what he meant by "...So that she might rule at my side." Meaning that according to plan, the Great Dragon Titan was also going to restore Dragonspyre and thus, it's monarchy. As opposed to him genuinely wanting to rule the spiral.

The dragons on his coat look eerily like something (supporters?) off a coat-of-arms... Familial significance?

The last time I tried to say that, the topic "teacher's worlds" was removed. If this post is removed, that must mean that I'm right about Malistaire and kingsisle doesn't want anybody finding out; which will lead to personal satisfaction in that I have something for my fanfiction... I was wrong, it's still there... It would still be cool if I was randomly right, though :D

If I'm wrong, could someone please enlighten me?
He can't be from WC (Wizard City). I remember a thing that said somthing like that they came there, bringing knowledge of more schools.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
MisterControversy on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
He can't be from WC (Wizard City). I remember a thing that said somthing like that they came there, bringing knowledge of more schools.
I don't think Cyrus/Malistaire are about the same age as Merle, so maybe Cyrus and Malistaire are descendants of one who is old as Merle/died already?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I'm just guessing, but I think an unknown world. DS is in ruins, it has been for ages. WC was founded by Headmaster Ambrose, and although the headmaster is older than Malistaire he can't be too much older, and WC was probably still just being built when he arrived.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
You guys are asking where is Malistaire from?But you should be asking where's Cyrus from, Malistaire
and Cyrus are bros. remember?

James Soulrider lvl. 23 necromancer

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Malistaire drake is the brother of Cyrus Drake the Myth Proffesor. They are from WC because if you haven't noticed... Everyone is a ghost in Dragonspyre and the place is in ruins. They can't be from Dragonspyre. His wife, Sylvia Drake was the life Proffesor. But when she died his heart got cold and he tried to destroy the spiral to bring her back. The Drakes are from WC, Headmaster Ambrose is from Avalon, and Morganthe is from Zafaria. So the point is, the drake brothers are from wizard city. Most wizards are.

Dolan Griffontalon Legendary Diviner (level 68)

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Malistaire is from Wizard City. For three reasons. First he is Cryus Drakes evil brother. Second he was the former death teacher. And last he went to Mooshu first to get the keys from the master. If Malistaire originated from Dragonspyre he wouldn't need the keys.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
XxArcaneVolcanoxX on Mar 8, 2012 wrote:
The origin of Malistaire is such mystery. I for one believe that he is from an unmentioned world, Wizard City, or Dragonspyre.

I often have the concept that he is or once was part of a hereditary monarchy. Say he's descended of king Mene and would be the ruler of Dragonspyre had it not been destroyed; which is what he meant by "...So that she might rule at my side." Meaning that according to plan, the Great Dragon Titan was also going to restore Dragonspyre and thus, it's monarchy. As opposed to him genuinely wanting to rule the spiral.

The dragons on his coat look eerily like something (supporters?) off a coat-of-arms... Familial significance?

The last time I tried to say that, the topic "teacher's worlds" was removed. If this post is removed, that must mean that I'm right about Malistaire and kingsisle doesn't want anybody finding out; which will lead to personal satisfaction in that I have something for my fanfiction... I was wrong, it's still there... It would still be cool if I was randomly right, though :D

If I'm wrong, could someone please enlighten me?
Darkmoor??? Perhaps...

Richard FrostBreeze lvl 31 Magus Thaumatuge

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
norr4687 on Mar 31, 2012 wrote:
Oh my gosh! Now thats something to really think about. You know what would be really awesome. Is if KI made a world where we would be able to find these things out. Unravel the mystery our selfs. It could be a time travel world. We could be able to help fight the titans and dragons. We could learn even more about wizard city and the cration of it by becoming ledgeons in time ourselfs! We would be able to meet a younger profesor ambors. Ofcorse he wouldnt be a prof. yet. There could even be a new spell learned we would learn it from the original creator of the elements them self. I think that this would be so much fun! What do you guys think? :D
I love that idea!! We can call the world Kobrowsk. We can go back in time to where Sylvia was still alive and teaching with Cyrus and Malistaire. Malistaire wouldn't be evil yet. There could be high rank creatures. Forgive if these names sound funny i made them up and related them to the type of world. But we can battle Hourglass Walkers and Stopwatch robots. Moolina Wu and Dworgyn wouldn't be there and the death school would still be in Ravenwood. How awesome would that be? Excellent idea norr4687 i love it!

RachelSpellCaster level 38

Survivor
Apr 08, 2013
Oh my gosh! Now thats something to really think about. You know what would be really awesome. Is if KI made a world where we would be able to find these things out. Unravel the mystery our selfs. It could be a time travel world. We could be able to help fight the titans and dragons. We could learn even more about wizard city and the cration of it by becoming ledgeons in time ourselfs! We would be able to meet a younger profesor ambors. Ofcorse he wouldnt be a prof. yet. There could even be a new spell learned we would learn it from the original creator of the elements them self. I think that this would be so much fun! What do you guys think? :D
That would be so cool, I mean we could find out where everybody was from and we could beat new bad guys. Oh there could even be a new big boss guy that wants to like destroy the headmaster by like going in to the past and try to ruin his life so he will never want to be a headmaster! What do you guys think

Jasmine DragonBane level 50

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
I bet he's from an unmentioned world.

But I hope Wizard101 makes a new world about Malistaire's homeland!!
That'll be sooo cool!

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I agree with the idea of a world about Malistaire's homeland. Maybe Malistaire is from the same world as Morganthe, who knows.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
Actually, his not Merlin Ambrose's brother, his Cyrus Drake brother! Hmm, maybe his from DS because his last name, Drake. (Drake is a type of dragon thing in DS)

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
RottenHeart on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire was the Death School teacher; of course that does not mean he was originally from Wizard City. Being Cyrus Drake's brother you assume they have the same last name and from the same place originaly. Of course Cyrus maybe changed his last name to Drake when Malistaire became generally disliked, but unlikely in a video game story line.

Drake commonly means male duck, but it often means dragon. So my guess is he might be from a dragon world. Or a duck world.
Dragonspyre or Duckenspyre? I think the duck world fits. Haven't you seen Cyrus's and Malistaire's bills?

- Isaac Goldenriver

"If its quite absurd, you may as well do it."

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Malistaire, his brother, Cryus Drake, and Merle Ambrose were said to live in avalon as kids, later on, they moved to Wizard City to learn the art of magic. Later on, Ambrose became the headmaster, Malistaire became the death teacher, and Cyrus became the Myth teacher. Later, Malistaire married the Life teacher, Slyiva. Then Slyvia got very sick and died. Malistaire then tried anything to bring her back.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I agree. It would be fun as a side quest world on w101. A time travel world with different years, like when Merle Ambrose was younger and learning spells from the dragons, titans, and the giants....
Hannah moonstone lvl 26 adept Theurgist

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
DyLaNSCHOLTE on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire cant be from Dragonspyre.
all people from Dragonspyre are dead.
they died when the dragon titan attacked
He WAS the one who caused the chaos.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Guys, let me settle this.
It is annoying me that you guys think that Malistaire is from WC just because he is a teacher. That would mean that Merle was from WC as well as the other teachers.
He probably is from DS. The name Drake is surely from there. And have you noticed that myth tower has dragons on it? Just something to think about....
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 48

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Wolf and Rider on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Guys, let me settle this.
It is annoying me that you guys think that Malistaire is from WC just because he is a teacher. That would mean that Merle was from WC as well as the other teachers.
He probably is from DS. The name Drake is surely from there. And have you noticed that myth tower has dragons on it? Just something to think about....
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 48
you are right it does make since he did go to D.s.
when he was doing his master plan. and the last name is drake but who knows

katherine spiritweaver lvl 67

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
Malistaire is Cyrus Drakes brother. Merle Ambrose, the headmaster despises Malistaire, though he never tells the PC that.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
I'm not sure where Malistaire is from, but think that would be cool for another world. Like it is a really kind of gloomy world (Like the death house) and you find Malistaire's ghost wanting to make amends(Like Krokaheped). Then he helps you through the world, revealing its his world he was from.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Hello
Well i would think either wizard city or dragonspyre cause he is the myth school's brother so, i'm not sure, just saying maybe azteca cause the end of azteca you fight malistaire the undying.

From calmity roseblossom and sairai ghosthunter level 54 and 83! both :)

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
just because hes a teacher doesn't mean he is from wc. does mulinda (i think thats how you spell it) woo says shes from mooshu. hes from ds. as you will see there are some survivors you just have to look for them.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

" knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
BornToBeMyth on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure where Malistaire is from, but think that would be cool for another world. Like it is a really kind of gloomy world (Like the death house) and you find Malistaire's ghost wanting to make amends(Like Krokaheped). Then he helps you through the world, revealing its his world he was from.
Your idea makes sense, but Malistaire Drake loathes you, so it's a pretty small chance that this will happen. Plus, his story ended in the ending of Azteca.

-Aaron FireEyes Grandmaster Pyromancer