Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Defeat Grisletusk!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I really want my forest lord spell, but my subscription is about to end soon. I've tried multiple times to try and defeat him, but I couldn't :( I'm already lvl. 65 and many of my friends have started to notice that I don't have the spell, It makes me want the spell even more! Any tips on how to defeat Grisletusk?

Shanna LifeBlood
Legendary Thergist
Lvl. 65

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Well, from an earlier post, I have learned that it helps to defeat the storm minion first, because he is the one that gets you down to size so that Grisletusk can defeat you. I have used this technique and have found that it works very well. On the second try I used it, I defeated him. 8)

Use this technique, and you will probably get Forest Lord very soon.

Christina Earthleaf Level 58 Theurgist :)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I had the same issue until I found a guide on Central for a one hit kill. But I managed to mess that up so in the end I covered myself in spirit armor and life shields and summoned a level 40 Death henchman who finished off the remaining 7,000 health. This probably doesn't help if you don't have crowns, though :( .

Good day to you fine sir(s)!(And womens!)
~Seth~

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
P.S. I did it at level 58 so at 65 you should be able to pull it off without a henchman.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I'm working Zafaria and I'm Transcended on some of mine and working the rest to that level. I have two life wizards and one I did solo and the other wasn't. There was one other Life who had the same quest. My death friend ported to me and was allowed in. If that's no longer allower then you'll have to go it alone but remember this: With it's ability to kill and heal, Life is the most powerful school on game. If you have to go it alone then make certain you have the re-shuffle spell, Get it or buy it and plenty of converts and tower shields as treasure cards(if you haven't trained in ice). Take out that pesky storm minion while protecting and healing as needed. Yes, he has a lot of points but it's a test about your skills. If you convert, attack, heal as necessary, use the re-shuffle and the pips a plenty spells, you'll eventually win.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Just did this quest the other day with my second life wizard. Here's a generic overview of what I did:

First make sure you use a "Life Only" deck. It allows you to stock up on Life Shields and converts.

Second wear either Storm or Life Resistant gear (or both!). If the minion is giving you the most problems, wear Storm resistance. Your life shields will hold off Grisletusk's damage (or vice versa with Storm shields). You can also max attack/crit, but you will need to make sure you have access to shields always (i.e. sideboard).

Like others have stated, take out the minion first and as fast as possible. A single blade and trap should be enough to take out the minion with one Centaur (hopefully you get both in the first draw, so it only takes three rounds). The longer he lives, the more Stormzilla/Wild Bolt combinations you will have to endure (and he hits 1,000 a lot!!!).

Next place a convert on Grisletusk. Then Life Blade, Spirit Blade, Feint (amulet card), TC Feint (bazaar, gardening), and Life trap. If you have other TC blades trap, use them (example, I used Dark Pact). However, those alone will get a portion of his life gone. Should only need one more hit. Grisletusk uses Regenerate and Rebirth sparingly, so try to one shot or two shot him. Be sure to have heals ready, before you start stacking Feints (those combined with the Hexs will do some serious damage to you).

I only used Sanctuary and Regenerate for healing (after the minion was defeated). I healed around 1300 life, since Grisletusk's Centaur never hit higher. You could also use Pixie and Guiding Light combination to build pips.

The whole time Grisletusk will place universal traps on you. Just ignore these and pretend he always gets a 30% increase to his hits (don't waste turns trying to remove).

I don't remember Grisletusk putting up Death shields, but if he does bring a death attack wand.

If all else fails and you have the crowns, use a Fire henchman. Fire boosts against Grisletusk.

Don't use the Life minion in this fight. She will mess up your converts/stacking.

Above all else, make sure you either have 1.) enough stacking to one shot or two shot or 2.) enough Centaurs or Seraphs (and accompanied converts) to take Grisletusk out. 13,000 life is a lot of health of a low damage school.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You do mean the spell and not the pet right?

Because if you do mean the spell, when I got my spell, friends were able to port and help, this battle was not solo.

Now, if they changed that, it is news to me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
You do mean the spell and not the pet right?

Because if you do mean the spell, when I got my spell, friends were able to port and help, this battle was not solo.

Now, if they changed that, it is news to me.

It was changed. Friends can no longer port in. Was made in line with the other level 58 spell quests.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
thaovi123 wrote:
I really want my forest lord spell, but my subscription is about to end soon. I've tried multiple times to try and defeat him, but I couldn't :( I'm already lvl. 65 and many of my friends have started to notice that I don't have the spell, It makes me want the spell even more! Any tips on how to defeat Grisletusk?

Shanna LifeBlood
Legendary Thergist
Lvl. 65

If you could tell what element he is I might be able to help.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Gamester999 wrote:
thaovi123 wrote:

Shanna LifeBlood
Legendary Thergist
Lvl. 65

If you could tell what element he is I might be able to help.

He's life

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Well I might be a little late on this but, I think its rather unfair that before in the quest of the forest lord, other wizards could port. I tried and tried though for me its rather impossible (Level 59) life. I need soem ideas, I tried what other people said but it just isnt working. I have a pet with spritely but not even him can take care of the 13,750 health boss called Grisletusk. Anyone wanna give me any ideas? I am Life as first school, storm as secondary, so its prety hard. Anyone?
*The ckors of the stars may have changed, but the faith in me is still the same*
Justin Fire Thief

Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
burger8 wrote:
Well I might be a little late on this but, I think its rather unfair that before in the quest of the forest lord, other wizards could port. I tried and tried though for me its rather impossible (Level 59) life. I need soem ideas, I tried what other people said but it just isnt working. I have a pet with spritely but not even him can take care of the 13,750 health boss called Grisletusk. Anyone wanna give me any ideas? I am Life as first school, storm as secondary, so its prety hard. Anyone?
*The ckors of the stars may have changed, but the faith in me is still the same*
Justin Fire Thief

I need help defeating him and his minion too. Tried countless times and still not getting anywhere. Tried different tactics to no avail. If anyone is doing the Norwegian Wood quest like me, is it possible to do it together and not solo? I know a Balance friend tried to port to me but he couldn't. However, I read online that someone had help 'cause they were doing that quest too. On wikia it says he boosts to Life and Fire spells right? So how do I beat him when they keep on attacking me big time? I'm constantly struggling on getting pips too. No idea if I have correct attire on or not. I am trying but I keep losing to him. Really frustrated with this quest! :(