Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter and vaporize

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
so it is simple, shatter is broken and any wizard that sees a simple setup can win easy.

blade double feint shatter dead, this is simple and done allot.

some say put in vaporize to stop this, that is a bad joke.

all that happens here is you lose your card untill you reshuffle and the wizard that fizzled gets shatter back in deck and cast again.

it is not pretty and no skill needed.

I would like to know, if anything will be done about this. as a myth I see shatter as a very bad spell.

have no idea why myth would want this. myth school does not have traps that make shatter a spell to give them a upper hand, myth has a weak 25 trap you cast 1 at a time. fine you say learn feint. myth with second lowest health, would be better off learning ice to tower and satyr. give one of them up for feint no way. put a trap on your low health bad idea.

I hope someone reads this and understands why so many people do not like this spell.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
so it is simple, shatter is broken and any wizard that sees a simple setup can win easy.

Shatter is not broken, your strategy is.

What exactly is "allot"?

A bad joke, or you just want to keep complaining, instead of learning to deal with shatter, it's not that difficult.

all that happens here is you lose your card untill you reshuffle and the wizard that fizzled gets shatter back in deck and cast again.

Actually, you being myth, can carry many vaporize in your deck. You can even make treasure card versions or cloaked versions. So, you are complaining because you are too lazy to do this?

It never takes any skill to blade trap and strike. What skill is there in shielding, shielding, shielding, till you are blue in the face? Now, because there is shatter and your shielding till you are blue in the face is useless, now you want to complain?

I would like to know, if anything will be done about this. as a myth I see shatter as a very bad spell.

Of course you see it as a bad spell, it ruins your strategy of shielding till you have a zillion shields, then since you are myth, earthquaking all their shields away, then attacking with Medusa or Orthrus.

have no idea why myth would want this. myth school does not have traps that make shatter a spell to give them a upper hand, myth has a weak 25 trap you cast 1 at a time. fine you say learn feint. myth with second lowest health, would be better off learning ice to tower and satyr. give one of them up for feint no way. put a trap on your low health bad idea.

I hope someone reads this and understands why so many people do not like this spell.

A lot of people want this spell, my myth love this spell, it is you and your strategies that don't want this spell. Quit complaining and learn to play pvp.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:

my stragety is not broke at all. you can not stop shatter with vaporize you just slow your death. I stated when you vaporize your card goes away the shatter fizzles and goes back into deck.

What exactly is "allot"?

all you need is 2 for a multi attack, my point is sound.

A bad joke, or you just want to keep complaining, instead of learning to deal with shatter, it's not that difficult.
you take everything out of order to make a point that is not sound but rude.

you can not deal with it, a myth can have 100 vaporize and the other wizard 1 his goes back into deck to be used, the used vaporize goes away.

why can you not face the facts?

Actually, you being myth, can carry many vaporize in your deck. You can even make treasure card versions or cloaked versions. So, you are complaining because you are too lazy to do this?

you do not even erally read what people say insteed you pick a figth with their view. what my post said when you vaporize a shatter the vaporize goes away the shatter goes right back, you will run out of vaporize end of story. you have no point that can prove this wrong it is a fact. nothing about lazy and that is rude.

It never takes any skill to blade trap and strike. What skill is there in shielding, shielding, shielding, till you are blue in the face? Now, because there is shatter and your shielding till you are blue in the face is useless, now you want to complain?

Of course you see it as a bad spell, it ruins your strategy of shielding till you have a zillion shields, then since you are myth, earthquaking all their shields away, then attacking with Medusa or Orthrus.

who said zillion? you did this has nothing to do with strategy here at all on my part as a myth. it points out a flaw in a spell end of story. no stragety can stop this. I have made that point clear. you have not made a point at all why it is not a problem but keep attacking those who are saying it is.

A lot of people want this spell, my myth love this spell, it is you and your strategies that don't want this spell. Quit complaining and learn to play pvp.

I look the the post and do not see allot of people wanting this spell.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
lol dathjt i really need to know WHO are you facing in pvp i hear what you are saying but you are missing the point how do you suppose to fix the blade up, shatter,and kill strategy? obviously you are worried about shielding too much but like you said in another post we get all these different dots so i just don't understand.

Maybe you could explain how and when you use shatter in detail please

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There are what, almost 20 million people playing this game now? And you base your observations on maybe 5 people on this board complaining about shatter?

Way to go Sherlock. Hmmm, I have seen just as many if not more saying they do like the spell shatter, go figure.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:

While there are things I would have preferred to be different about this spell, I find it VERY useful for my myth. I do have traps, including gear based ones and spells such as feint, that work phenomenally well with medusa. As to people defending against the double feint issue, I suggest either you carry cleanse ward, or perhaps something like sacrifice or empower.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
There are what, almost 20 million people playing this game now? And you base your observations on maybe 5 people on this board complaining about shatter?

Way to go Sherlock. Hmmm, I have seen just as many if not more saying they do like the spell shatter, go figure.

you really like to attack people and not the problem lol :D

I hear in the game, lol nice one. the only people liking the spell are none myths lol. if you think shatter is so great make it a balance spell and give myth some power, no more stun spells please!

so you have number that suport I hear numbers that do not. I guess you need to be fair and add them up. then break out who is myth and not. I bet the number of myth wizard is very very low.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:

my stragety is not broke at all. you can not stop shatter with vaporize you just slow your death. I stated when you vaporize your card goes away the shatter fizzles and goes back into deck.

What exactly is "allot"?

all you need is 2 for a multi attack, my point is sound.

you take everything out of order to make a point that is not sound but rude.

you can not deal with it, a myth can have 100 vaporize and the other wizard 1 his goes back into deck to be used, the used vaporize goes away.

why can you not face the facts?

you do not even erally read what people say insteed you pick a figth with their view. what my post said when you vaporize a shatter the vaporize goes away the shatter goes right back, you will run out of vaporize end of story. you have no point that can prove this wrong it is a fact. nothing about lazy and that is rude.

who said zillion? you did this has nothing to do with strategy here at all on my part as a myth. it points out a flaw in a spell end of story. no stragety can stop this. I have made that point clear. you have not made a point at all why it is not a problem but keep attacking those who are saying it is.

I look the the post and do not see allot of people wanting this spell.

OH OH I want shatter to stay! If you cant find a way to stop it i suggest you
A. stop playing ranked matches where shatter is in my opinion most commonly.
B. figure out a way to make people not want to shatter, i personally have no way of stopping it but i find a quick kill is best so they dont have the chance to shatter. I also think there should be a survey on whether or not they want shatter. I bet more people would say yes than no.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Detective Darthjt,

You have on the wrong hat, please change and try again.
20 Million Wizards, not 20 million players, the actual number of players is
much lower. I believe that I read that there is only around
3.5 million players, and that includes the UK, US. Canada, Aust, and all the other countries that play the game. The U.S and Canada do have the majority of them, but that is only around 2.8 to 2.9 Million, if I remember correctly.
Now, lets add Central to this discussion, which has a much larger following than this board. You know how the majority of Central players feel, so Sparkle has a valid statement.

Sherlock Joe. ... :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Hmmmm...

Polymorph (removed)

Talos (removed)

Insane Bolt (removed)

Shatter (??????)

At this rate, there won't be any spells left to use in PvP. Creeping closer to shutting down PvP all together.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Detective Darthjt,

3.5 million players, and that includes the UK, US. Canada, Aust, and all the other countries that play the game. The U.S and Canada do have the majority of them, but that is only around 2.8 to 2.9 Million, if I remember correctly.
Now, lets add Central to this discussion, which has a much larger following than this board. You know how the majority of Central players feel, so Sparkle has a valid statement.

Be it 3.5 million players, or 20 million players, be it 20 million wizards, or 3.5 million wizards, 5 people here on this board does not constitue a majority of people, especially myth wizards, that do not like this spell.

I have 2 myth wizards, both love shatter. I know Gtarhannon has a myth, he is defending this spell and telling you exactly how to defend yourself from this spell. There are many others that like this spell. It is no different than most other spells in this game, you have to think, anticipate, strategize how to defend against it.

If you are afraid of Feints, use cleanse ward, dark pact, sacrifice, empower, all of these spells will remove feints from you. It takes a lot of blades for your opponent to defeat you, without those powerful traps. Being a myth, earthquake is an easy way to remove all those blades. Being a myth, remove wards is in your repetoir.

Myth is powerful enough as it is, shatter is perfectly suited for myth. You have no substancial claims. People on Central stay on Central, because they don't want to come here and be told the truth. Central have rumors of all sorts, and bogus information. Here, facts are presented and I for one, end most, if not all rumors. If not, usually Professor Greyrose does. I can't stand false information or exaggerations, which happen quite frequently.

Myth and the spell shatter are perfectly fine. All those that agree that shatter is fine, please reply telling these non believers, make your stand now and also, please clarify if you have a myth or not, since, for some reason, sparkle believes this spell weakens myth the most and no myth characters like the spell shatter.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Detective Darthjt,

Be it 3.5 million players, or 20 million players, be it 20 million wizards, or 3.5 million wizards, 5 people here on this board does not constitue a majority of people, especially myth wizards, that do not like this spell.

I have 2 myth wizards, both love shatter. I know Gtarhannon has a myth, he is defending this spell and telling you exactly how to defend yourself from this spell. There are many others that like this spell. It is no different than most other spells in this game, you have to think, anticipate, strategize how to defend against it.

If you are afraid of Feints, use cleanse ward, dark pact, sacrifice, empower, all of these spells will remove feints from you. It takes a lot of blades for your opponent to defeat you, without those powerful traps. Being a myth, earthquake is an easy way to remove all those blades. Being a myth, remove wards is in your repetoir.

Myth is powerful enough as it is, shatter is perfectly suited for myth. You have no substancial claims. People on Central stay on Central, because they don't want to come here and be told the truth. Central have rumors of all sorts, and bogus information. Here, facts are presented and I for one, end most, if not all rumors. If not, usually Professor Greyrose does. I can't stand false information or exaggerations, which happen quite frequently.

Myth and the spell shatter are perfectly fine. All those that agree that shatter is fine, please reply telling these non believers, make your stand now and also, please clarify if you have a myth or not, since, for some reason, sparkle believes this spell weakens myth the most and no myth characters like the spell shatter.

I know this to be true, it weakens myth in pvp plan and simple.

we have been over all the facts. they stand it is not a idea of something but a reallity.

you can not stop shatter we went over that. vaporize does not stop it but returns it for next round use. using a remove trap on yourself does only take away one trap. it is easy to feint first then throw a 3 blade trap on and it would take 4 rounds to remove that so that does not work.

myth has weak attacks and second lowest life, using a feint setup is not the best pvp option and we are talking only pvp here not pve.

myth can not kill the other wizard fast enough to stop this setup, myth also has one of the lowest power pip chance, but heu their spells have tons of none fizzle boost lol.

this is a spell that was to make myth stronger just like storm spells that use the storms boost, no other wizard can make a storm spell as powerfully, no other school makes a schools spell more power that the original wizard that myth spells. what made myth special is gone now! everyone can earth and shatter.

stun is not special to myth so do not say that. double attacks is not special as other schools get more powerfully dot spells that use pips. myth has no pip spell.

the use of myth spell is what made you become one, but with the weak base weak boost, why would you want to when you could be blance or ice and use myth spells.

myth wizards have not been improved since lvl 50. that is when the game had the most skill. it has changed into a treasure card no wizard is really from any school. so pick the strongest base the has the best life or damage, then pick your second school and use their strongest base. the problem I have is there is not reason to make myth anymore. myth can use life as a second school to heal. but you will find there are mostly life and myth dispels used in this game. so the losers are myth and life. while all the other schools get big boost.

you make you point as you want this spell as a second school. it allows you a quick kill.

myth wizards using this spell do not get quick kills using it.

I think if this game is going to go forward, they need to make all spells used something you use a training point for. if you did not learn how to use then you can not. this would fix so many problems.

anyways just cancled my membership of over 4 years, this kind of view makes the game no fun.
good luck to all of you.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
anyways just cancled my membership of over 4 years, this kind of view makes the game no fun.
good luck to all of you.

Sparkle, (Can I call you Sparkle?) I'm sorry to hear that you cancelled your membership over this issue. Now, if you really feel that the game in general is going down hill, etc, it was the right move. If it was just this one issue, I would hope you reconsider.

sparklebottom wrote:
I know this to be true, it weakens myth in pvp plan and simple.

we have been over all the facts. they stand it is not a idea of something but a reallity.

I disagree. I'll spell out why in this post.

sparklebottom wrote:
you can not stop shatter we went over that.

You can't really "stop" any spell. You can only ever delay it or reduce its effects.

sparklebottom wrote:
vaporize does not stop it but returns it for next round use.

The point of a dispel is not to "stop" a spell, it is to delay it's casting and cost the other person pips for a strategic reason. In other words, using vaporize could cost them 3 pips on cast of shatter, but will buy you at least another round even if they're clever. Personally, I'd be more inclined to use a dispel of their primary school of magic on the round you think they will cast shatter, but that's just me.

sparklebottom wrote:
using a remove trap on yourself does only take away one trap.

Feint costs a pip. Cleanse ward is free. In a multipoint damage equation such as the kind used in a shatter strategy, removing one polynomial has a dramatic effect on overall damage reduction and since feint can be considered one of the highest order polynomials (which additionally leaves a boost behind for you), cleanse ward on a feint is a clear "win" for you since you have now reduced overall damage, boosted your damage, and gotten ahead on the pip count. Cleansing two feints is even more devestating for the "shatter" crowd.

sparklebottom wrote:
it is easy to feint first then throw a 3 blade trap on and it would take 4 rounds to remove that so that does not work.

This is true, which is why I suggested something like sacrifice or empower. Dark pact also works well, or even immolate (if you're fire). Regardless of your choice, cast a shield after the first feint goes on, then cast one of those spells afterward. All universal traps will be triggered thus removing feint(s) while simultaneously giving yourself some sort of advantage. Additionally, this can also remove negative charms as well thus bolstering further your countermove.

sparklebottom wrote:
myth has weak attacks and second lowest life, using a feint setup is not the best pvp option and we are talking only pvp here not pve.

Myth attacks are not weak, they are mid-level (generally falling in third place of seven). There are, however, many strategic attacks (such as Medusa's double round stun) which can remove some of the raw "hitting power" of the attacks. Death school, particularly with a death mastery amulet, can be VERY advantageous to a myth.

sparklebottom wrote:
myth can not kill the other wizard fast enough to stop this setup, myth also has one of the lowest power pip chance, but heu their spells have tons of none fizzle boost lol.

All power pip chance is dependant on gear. Myth's gear is in line with that of Storm, Ice, and Fire. Myth gear is capable of the highest amount of accuracy (for myth spells at least) but you can mix and match it for different strategies.

sparklebottom wrote:
this is a spell that was to make myth stronger just like storm spells that use the storms boost, no other wizard can make a storm spell as powerfully, no other school makes a schools spell more power that the original wizard that myth spells.

This spell gives myth the option to finally use traps effectively in conjunction with medusa, and believe me, a colossal Medusa will do a MASSIVE amount of damage. Should medusa fail to kill, it will give you two rounds to correct that oversight.

sparklebottom wrote:
what made myth special is gone now! everyone can earth and shatter.

Unfortunately, the same can (and has been) said about every school now. While I'm not fond of this aspect of the game as it stands, it is important to understand that your school will always do "your spells" better than anyone else because of your gear.

sparklebottom wrote:
stun is not special to myth so do not say that.

Stun isn't special to myth. However, double round stun or stun during a DoT spell is.

sparklebottom wrote:
double attacks is not special as other schools get more powerfully dot spells that use pips. myth has no pip spell.

Double hit spells happen all in one round (thus preventing additional shielding) and more importantly, they can't be triaged.

sparklebottom wrote:
the use of myth spell is what made you become one, but with the weak base weak boost, why would you want to when you could be blance or ice and use myth spells.

Here are some of the reasons to be myth, rather than another school casting myth spells with a mastery amulet:

First and foremost, most wizards are unlikely to want to spend 9 training points to get up to earthquake, or frankly to much of any level of myth spells at all, since they generally want ice to tower, death to feint, life to satyr, and then astral spells. Therefore, they can only use treasure or item card versions. You cannot make those colossal or armor piercing. You cannot cast the myth spells with as much accuracy as myth (unless you are fire or storm with waterworks gear). You don't get access to the minion toolkit without training point cost and using that with the array of myth minions can be devastating (particularly in 1v1). In a 1v1 battle, a colossal (or extraordinary) minotaur, othrus, medusa, or basilisk can be match-ending and those are the exclusive domain of a myth wizard.

Finally, the waterworks gear for myth is extremely good. You get the highest incoming healing bonus, second highest resist, third highest accuracy overall (highest accuracy for same school spells and high enough to be fizzle-proof on death, balance, and life spells), third highest critical score, good global crit block score, and though your damage is only higher than ice (but only 1% less than fire), you are the only spirit school with a global damage spell (time of legend) which totally makes up for slightly lower gear damage. Myth has the third highest base damage, extremely high accuracy, and is the ONLY school with the trifecta of damage spells. You have an excellent single hitter (medusa), a powerful DoT (basilisk), and two double hit spells (minotaur and orthrus).

sparklebottom wrote:
myth wizards have not been improved since lvl 50. that is when the game had the most skill.

I completely disagree. I love Talos, I love medusa, and I love basilisk. Myth has (in my opinion) the BEST arsenal of strategic spells available and can come at people in a variety of ways.

sparklebottom wrote:
it has changed into a treasure card no wizard is really from any school. so pick the strongest base the has the best life or damage, then pick your second school and use their strongest base.

This is a common strategy, I can't argue with that. However, if it were true, I don't think you would see that fire and myth would continue to dominate 1v1 PvP rankings.

sparklebottom wrote:
the problem I have is there is not reason to make myth anymore. myth can use life as a second school to heal. but you will find there are mostly life and myth dispels used in this game. so the losers are myth and life. while all the other schools get big boost.

Honestly, I rarely see myth dispels used on me. I understand the sentiment of feeling like no school is special anymore (I wrote a thread about this regarding ice) and frankly, I do find it disappointing. However, I just don't agree (at least on a mathematical basis) that every other school is getting a big boost and leaving myth behind. I personally believe that schools equal out, even if I don't agree with KI's direction for each of the schools.

sparklebottom wrote:
you make you point as you want this spell as a second school. it allows you a quick kill.

myth wizards using this spell do not get quick kills using it.

Given the amount of gear resistance these days, no one gets a quick kill anymore. While the other guy is blading, trapping, etc, he's likely using pips to do so. You have earthquake, you have shatter, you have cleanse ward, you have pierce, and now you see how you can use one of several spells to turn his feint(s) against him as well. You have a huge amount of strategic and damaging options available to you in the arena as a myth.

sparklebottom wrote:
I think if this game is going to go forward, they need to make all spells used something you use a training point for. if you did not learn how to use then you can not. this would fix so many problems.

I, and others, have suggested that there be some form of ranked where treasure cards (and I'd like to include item cards as well) are not allowed. It seems to me (and I'm just guessing here) that round about half of the PvP complaints I read about circle around the use of treasure cards or item cards at any given level in the arena. There is a tremendous call for this form of PvP and think KI should seriously consider it.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Hmmmm...

Polymorph (removed)

Talos (removed)

Insane Bolt (removed)

Shatter (??????)

At this rate, there won't be any spells left to use in PvP. Creeping closer to shutting down PvP all together.

oka this is the way i see it
Polymorph was removed because of its abuse in low lvl pvp
Talos is for the same reason
If you really wanna use insane bolt then you really need to leave pvp because its supposed to be about skill not chance. insane bolt made it that if you couldnt win you could turn it into a 50/50 chance of winning. (oka maybe i am off but still it leaves a match to chance
i am not for removing shatter i just want it changed

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
People on Central stay on Central, because they don't want to come here and be told the truth. Central have rumors of all sorts, and bogus information. Here, facts are presented and I for one, end most, if not all rumors. If not, usually Professor Greyrose does. I can't stand false information or exaggerations, which happen quite frequently.

No, just no. That is wrong in so many ways. Let me set this rumor straight.

The pvp community over here is mostly full of anit-complainers. Basically, a bunch of people with biased opinions who either

a. Only defend their school
or
b. Think pvp is perfect and anyone who says otherwise is a complainer who is horrible at pvp.

(sorry for stereotyping, not everyone here is like this, and this isn't directed at you either darth.)

The central pvp community has some of the best pvpers, and most of them don't have a biased opinion (this is because none of them only play one school, most of them have many different schools across many different levels, so they know pvp inside and out without any certain school to favor.)
Run a poll on central asking "do you think pvp is broken" and the majority of people will say yes. Run the same poll here, and you will probably get a lot of comments that say "It's your strategy."

(once again, sorry for stereotyping, there are definitely people on central who aren't like that.)

Oh, and once again, I am not saying "Darth, this is what your like, and this is what I'm like."

To me, you more have a build of a central pvper (i.e. lots of pvp experience, no bias towards a certain school) but with the anti complainer attitude (i.e. the cliche "it's your strategy.") (sorry for going off subject, I just feel I needed to say that so we wouldn't go into a flame war.)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I hear in the game, lol nice one. the only people liking the spell are none myths lol. if you think shatter is so great make it a balance spell and give myth some power, no more stun spells please!

so you have number that suport I hear numbers that do not. I guess you need to be fair and add them up. then break out who is myth and not. I bet the number of myth wizard is very very low.
Methinks you are a Sorcerer, sparklebottom. Shatter is a valuable utility spell, if you like it, farm for a Myth Mastery Amulet. As for the original poster: I don't see where you are coming from. Shatter is a valuable part of many strategies, but it can be easily countered with the right timing.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Methinks you are a Sorcerer, sparklebottom. Shatter is a valuable utility spell, if you like it, farm for a Myth Mastery Amulet. As for the original poster: I don't see where you are coming from. Shatter is a valuable part of many strategies, but it can be easily countered with the right timing.

shatter is my nightmare, as a myth wizard. can not be countered as I have posted. when you vaporize it, it goes back into deck and the shatter goes right back into your tc deck for next round use. it is a big hole. part of the reason I'm taking a break. good luck :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:

shatter is my nightmare, as a myth wizard. can not be countered as I have posted. when you vaporize it, it goes back into deck and the shatter goes right back into your tc deck for next round use. it is a big hole. part of the reason I'm taking a break. good luck :D

Yet, at the same time, Vaporize, with you being Myth, costs you 1 power pip and Shatter, to anyone else, costs them 3 pips, unless they have the mastery amulet, then it is 1 power pip and 1 pip. So, no, it is not just ready to use again.

You seem to have a closed mind to this whole scenario. Both Gtarhannon and myself have given you ways to defeat shatter. Especially being myth. You have spells like cleanse ward and vaporize, yet, you skip our solutions saying they are not viable, yet you don't clarify how they are not.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
No just simply no. The game is fine how it is. If you lost its your strategy so that's what needs to change, not making the game to suit your individual needs. Shatter is a part of the game. Learn ways to counter it, because I know that I have countered it many times and won going first or second. Change your strategy.

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
No just simply no. The game is fine how it is. If you lost its your strategy so that's what needs to change, not making the game to suit your individual needs. Shatter is a part of the game. Learn ways to counter it, because I know that I have countered it many times and won going first or second. Change your strategy.

Blake NightWraith

you have no point at all ofhter than NO, wow.

lol good point.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yet, at the same time, Vaporize, with you being Myth, costs you 1 power pip and Shatter, to anyone else, costs them 3 pips, unless they have the mastery amulet, then it is 1 power pip and 1 pip. So, no, it is not just ready to use again.

you twist the information vaporise is a 2 pip spell shatter is a 3 pip spell.
if the other wizard is smart and that is the case here, they will not waste the 3 pips to remove it. they will use myth wand or myth sheld to remove it at 0 pip cost. it is easy to block a cleanse ward put down feint first then 3 trap balance. by the time you try and clean that it is 4 rounds.
try to block shatter we been over this.

this spell makes other schools more power than Myth the school it comes from plan and simple.

all of you that want it want it because of that.

You seem to have a closed mind to this whole scenario. Both Gtarhannon and myself have given you ways to defeat shatter. Especially being myth. You have spells like cleanse ward and vaporize, yet, you skip our solutions saying they are not viable, yet you don't clarify how they are not.

you gave me nothing to defeat it LOL, we went over every option and I made a 100 percent fact on how it does not work.

I showed how it works over and over again, maybe your not reading the post???? myth 2nd lowest life in game easy to kill with no defense.

I clarifed how it works how it is easy to use it and not stop it.

I will do it one more time and hope you read it.

vaporise 2 pip spell shatter 3 pip spell.

other wizard feints you shield he balance traps you. now he has 4 traps on you now cleanse ward will take 4 rounds no longer a option.

so you thow up a vaporize as defense other wizard see vaporise cast myth wand or tc shield 0 pip loss you lost 2 pips.

next round if you have got lucky you repated vaporize he wands or myth shields now your down on pips he is close to max. myth with low power pip chance is not going to win this.

he cast one more feint you vaporize he myth shields you pips are going down he is at max now.

he shatters you shields he multi hits your dead.

more ways to die as a myth from your own spell than any other wizard spell.

you are not making your point as a myth wizards but a wizards that counts on it to win easy pvp matches.

shatter should be a none tc in PVP if you want it for pve use it.

I grow tired of this, good luck I'm done.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
darthjt wrote:

you twist the information vaporise is a 2 pip spell shatter is a 3 pip spell.
if the other wizard is smart and that is the case here, they will not waste the 3 pips to remove it. they will use myth wand or myth sheld to remove it at 0 pip cost. it is easy to block a cleanse ward put down feint first then 3 trap balance. by the time you try and clean that it is 4 rounds.
try to block shatter we been over this.

this spell makes other schools more power than Myth the school it comes from plan and simple.

all of you that want it want it because of that.

you gave me nothing to defeat it LOL, we went over every option and I made a 100 percent fact on how it does not work.

I have not seen a single fact in any one of your posts. Not 1. Everything you have stated is opinion, not fact.

I showed how it works over and over again, maybe your not reading the post????

Yet, if you read how to defeat the shatter, it will not instantly defeat you.
I am reading them just fine, my replies have been to the point and covered every issue you have. Are you reading them correctly? Or your mind is just so made up that you hate shatter because you are incapable of defeating this strategy, because you are not good enough of a pvp player that you just dont care to learn or try and learn?

myth 2nd lowest life in game easy to kill with no defense.

No defense? Myth has the second best resistance in the game. Myth has every possible spell it needs to win and in fact, is probably the best school to 1v1 pvp with.

I clarifed how it works how it is easy to use it and not stop it.

You have not clarified anything, you just keep saying the same things over and over, ignoring everything that Gtarhannon and myself are telling you to do to stop shatter from defeating you.

I will do it one more time and hope you read it.

vaporise 2 pip spell shatter 3 pip spell.

Very good, this is finally a fact!

other wizard feints you shield he balance traps you. now he has 4 traps on you now cleanse ward will take 4 rounds no longer a option.

Ok, other possible options, sacrifice, dark pact, empower. All of these spells will remove the feints and help you. Also, your scenario is stating that your opponent will always goes first, which is not a fact, first turn is a 50/50 chance.

so you thow up a vaporize as defense other wizard see vaporise cast myth wand or tc shield 0 pip loss you lost 2 pips.

Again, this varies on the first turn scenario. But I will give you the first turn approach. Cloak, is used to hide what charm you cast on your opponent. It could be vaporize, it could be weakness, it could be life dispel, it could be anything. They have no idea what you cast. Now, if they can see the vaporize, and again, if for some possible reason, although I can't see any reason they have a myth wand, since myth wands do not have good critical block, yes it is possible for you to lose pips, but how is this different from any other possible scenario of dispels? So, what is your excuse now?

next round if you have got lucky you repated vaporize he wands or myth shields now your down on pips he is close to max. myth with low power pip chance is not going to win this.

Again, you keep with the same scenario. Yet, even if he does cast shatter and there are no traps, it will not defeat you, so let him cast shatter. Like I said, use empower to gain those pips back, use dark pact and gain another blade, use sacrifice and gain some health. Traps will be gone, so what good is their shatter?

he cast one more feint you vaporize he myth shields you pips are going down he is at max now.

Not likely if you follow instructions, because of other possible choices in the game, which are not even myth spells, you can remove those traps, without having to remove all of the traps. Then your cleanse charm will work on any other feints he places.

he shatters you shields he multi hits your dead.

You see what you want to see, you are not looking for options or ways to defeat the spell, you want to complain and demand KI give you free wins.

more ways to die as a myth from your own spell than any other wizard spell.

Wrong again. Again, you are opinions, this whole post has been excuse after excuse and opinion after opinion, you have stated only 1 fact in this whole post. Vaporize is a 2 pip spell and Shatter is a 3 pip spell. Those are the only facts you have presented.

you are not making your point as a myth wizards but a wizards that counts on it to win easy pvp matches.

My points come from all schools as I am unbiased to any school. I am looking at this from a game standpoint. Shatter is perfectly fine and I have literally proven how it is your strategy at fault.

shatter should be a none tc in PVP if you want it for pve use it.

I grow tired of this, good luck I'm done.

So, according to you, all healing spells should be no pvp, attack spells should be no pvp, shields should be no pvp, traps should be no pvp, charms should be no pvp because they all defeat you? There is no difference from all of these, than there is shatter. It is a tool, one that you can defend against, one that you just choose not to and you would rather it be changed or threaten to quit. Well, hasta la vista.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
sparklebottom wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Blake NightWraith

lol good point.

That is not true. Maybe instead of complaining about it spark you should change your strategy up. Btw If you haven't read posts from the past I have said I have been shattered and I am a shatter user in battles occasionally. I know what it takes to stop it and I know my individual strategies that I use.

First off you must make assumptions. If you are in ranked pvp you must assume you have access to gold and a good pet to compete. You need to set up a deck that prepares you for shatter. In my sideboard I have 10-15 tower shields. 3 shatter cards, 5-6 earthquakes, and a card like dark pact to remove feints off of me and cards to remove weaknesses, and vaporize.

So if you are second you gotta pay attention to the person you are facing their pip count. Why would you let someone blade up and use 2-4 traps on you with 3 blades? Shatter is obviously coming soon. I like to put up shields for the part I usually get a regular tower shield in my deck and then put it up and shield for the schools I believe my opponent to be. If I notice that they are using allot of blades and traps I will either use dark pact to remove traps, or I am patient enough and will save up six pips and then use earthquake. And if I use earthquake, they are no longer strong enough to kill me directly with traps. So if they attack me, I just simply heal the next turn, which is easy because I am usually on my life.

This delays them after earthquake and makes them wait more turns. Then again once I see them with power pips up and they have blade, I go to my sideboard and draw cards again looking for an earthquake or treasure tower shield. I know that people are only able to hold 7 power pips so it becomes easy to judge. If I do not find another earthquake then I just bring out a tower shield. Or if I find vaporize I use it on them and the problem is solved. * do not give them that time to get 4 pips on you and reshuffle and put it back in their deck. Go on the offensive side and end them*

Or if you are lucky and your pet has the ability may cast weakness, that is even better! It will hurt their attacks even more and you will take less damage as a result.

They usually* do not attack with a tower shield on by the way. They will attempt to wand it off so I will continue each turn adding a towershield till I get an earthquake to take off their blades again. If they attack damage is usually 4400 and half of that is 2200 damage to me directly. Just satyr the next turn and guess what? I am back to full health! And look their pips are wasted completely and they now have used allot of their cards to help them!

Now go on the offensive add some traps use some blades wait for them to build back up though on a tower shield until they attack and then instead of healing you use shatter on them. Then you attack with your high pip card and bam they are either dead or in my case since I am life with gnomes healing is out of the case with 2 dispels.

This is my own personal strategy against shatter. Or again any time that I am going second. My record vs shatter users when I was complaining about it was 1-9 and guess what? I haven't lost going against a shatter user in pvp going second in a long time. People need to rethink strategy vs cards instead of complaining about them to be banned from the game. They were added to make people think and make the game more complex and make the game more interesting. I do love this card even though I have been on the wrong side of it so many times, and I look at it as a challenge to beat it since I have lost to it.

In fact, I would also love to see another new card added to the game similar to shatter where it destroys all of the opponents blades that they have cast. That would be another idea I would love to see KI put into the game. Make it 4-5 pips destroy all positives and leave weaknesses.

Anyways shatter should remain in pvp. Don't complain about it, find your strategy to defend against it. There is your magical strategy you were looking for spark. I hope this helps you.

Blake NightWraith

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
fx41001 wrote:
sparklebottom wrote:
fx41001 wrote:

Blake NightWraith

lol good point.

That is not true. Maybe instead of complaining about it spark you should change your strategy up. Btw If you haven't read posts from the past I have said I have been shattered and I am a shatter user in battles occasionally. I know what it takes to stop it and I know my individual strategies that I use.

First off you must make assumptions. If you are in ranked pvp you must assume you have access to gold and a good pet to compete. You need to set up a deck that prepares you for shatter. In my sideboard I have 10-15 tower shields. 3 shatter cards, 5-6 earthquakes, and a card like dark pact to remove feints off of me and cards to remove weaknesses, and vaporize.

So if you are second you gotta pay attention to the person you are facing their pip count. Why would you let someone blade up and use 2-4 traps on you with 3 blades? Shatter is obviously coming soon. I like to put up shields for the part I usually get a regular tower shield in my deck and then put it up and shield for the schools I believe my opponent to be. If I notice that they are using allot of blades and traps I will either use dark pact to remove traps, or I am patient enough and will save up six pips and then use earthquake. And if I use earthquake, they are no longer strong enough to kill me directly with traps. So if they attack me, I just simply heal the next turn, which is easy because I am usually on my life.

This delays them after earthquake and makes them wait more turns. Then again once I see them with power pips up and they have blade, I go to my sideboard and draw cards again looking for an earthquake or treasure tower shield. I know that people are only able to hold 7 power pips so it becomes easy to judge. If I do not find another earthquake then I just bring out a tower shield. Or if I find vaporize I use it on them and the problem is solved. * do not give them that time to get 4 pips on you and reshuffle and put it back in their deck. Go on the offensive side and end them*

Or if you are lucky and your pet has the ability may cast weakness, that is even better! It will hurt their attacks even more and you will take less damage as a result.

They usually* do not attack with a tower shield on by the way. They will attempt to wand it off so I will continue each turn adding a towershield till I get an earthquake to take off their blades again. If they attack damage is usually 4400 and half of that is 2200 damage to me directly. Just satyr the next turn and guess what? I am back to full health! And look their pips are wasted completely and they now have used allot of their cards to help them!

Now go on the offensive add some traps use some blades wait for them to build back up though on a tower shield until they attack and then instead of healing you use shatter on them. Then you attack with your high pip card and bam they are either dead or in my case since I am life with gnomes healing is out of the case with 2 dispels.

This is my own personal strategy against shatter. Or again any time that I am going second. My record vs shatter users when I was complaining about it was 1-9 and guess what? I haven't lost going against a shatter user in pvp going second in a long time. People need to rethink strategy vs cards instead of complaining about them to be banned from the game. They were added to make people think and make the game more complex and make the game more interesting. I do love this card even though I have been on the wrong side of it so many times, and I look at it as a challenge to beat it since I have lost to it.

In fact, I would also love to see another new card added to the game similar to shatter where it destroys all of the opponents blades that they have cast. That would be another idea I would love to see KI put into the game. Make it 4-5 pips destroy all positives and leave weaknesses.

Anyways shatter should remain in pvp. Don't complain about it, find your strategy to defend against it. There is your magical strategy you were looking for spark. I hope this helps you.

Blake NightWraith

Eberyone wanted to come with a idea on how to stop something vs looking at what I wrote that shows how it could not be.

just answer the questions vs coming up with a diffrent stragety.

other wizard goes first. he feints you. you look fo cleanse ward.
they cast tripple trap. now it will take you 4 rounds to remove feint. if you have 4 in hand you can do this.

you tower, other wizard blades.

you vaporize cost 3 pips. they myth wand or cast a 0 pip myth spell to remove simple. you have lost pips that have gained pips.

he hits you die.

the shatter spell is one of the few spell like tower that makes all wizards better, the only problem with shatter is it is more powerful with other wizards than myth.

other schools with more powerfully spells.

not asking to nerf myth but bring back what makes the wizard schools spells.

why be myth when you can be blance and use myth spells better.

what makes myth special is it was around shield. now that has been giving to all schools.

what makes storm special is it power not other schools get this.
blance has it boost to its spells and healing. great wizard.
death can hit and heal, get's boost from it hits no other school gets this boost.

fire has fire power and shield removing spells, amazing spells. thier boost is to them only.

life is like myth, but only with heals. Now that life has powerfully attacks more powerful than myth at group attacks. and gnome with double dispel. awesome.

I think my thread has to with the fact wizard schools are losing what makes them spell when spells like shatter are for everyone.

shatter can be a pve but not a pvp spell.

any ways. last day's of memebership are running out. so good luck to you all.