Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My new Quest: Foward... Into History!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I have fought General Firetusk at The Grand Chasm. I barely won. I guess being a Life Wizard really helped out with that. But then after finishing, I was told to go back into the portal to find the Vault Keeper and The Key. I have no clue what to do here. I'm not sure if I have to do that stage all over again to find him. Please, please help me. I would really appreciate that. Thx!

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Sorry to say it, but I think you may have to. I got lucky in avoiding being in the same situation from losing to the general, never thought I'd be glad to lose a battle.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I think I figured the problem out. This has been so aggravating going back to the past repeatedly and running around forever. Major frowny faces all around. :-(

I mistakenly went to the past and finished the quest during the previous quest in the chain. As i had not finished the previous quest the Forward into History quest had not been activated. So, all the effort of fixing the bridges, locking the vaults, and killing the hellephant was wasted. Now, I have to do it again in order to finish Forward into History. I haven't tried it yet cause I don't want to solo the hellephant again just yet.

Seems like you shouldn't be able to use the crystal until the Forward into History quest is actually activated. This would save everyone some confusion and aggravation.

P.S. Why do so many quest helpers not work in DS?

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I had the same problem with this quest, and yes, I had to repeat the bridges and locks again. I got lucky on the helephant the second time around and put him down fast. The only difference the second time was I had to return to the female quest give in the future, who updates the quests and sends you to activate the crystal.

Looks like that finishes off the quests for Grand Chasm, except for the history book quest. I haven't found the GC book yet. G'luck, hope this helps.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2008
i think that the helephant as that item you need for that quest, say you didnt take the item the first(which you dont) and when he says he needs it you have to go back and he isnt defeated!?! That is simple,the time crystal only goes to the time BEFORE HE COMES so you have to defeat him again,
thats as simple as it gets,

p.s doesnt he say into the past and the FUTURE at the begining of the quest in that area, wouldnt it be cool if the second time you use it you go into the future instead of the past again, just saying.