Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All pack items need to be in the game

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If an equipment item is availiable from a pack it needs to also be obtainable through game play and I don't care how lousy the drop percent chance is.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
If this was done not as many people would buy the packs and that would also make hard feeling getting the item for free when many pay an unbelievable amount of money for these packs just to get one unique item.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If they contain unique spells and equipment, I think the best solution would be to make such packs available for purchase with gold. This would enable everyone who works hard at the game to be able to get the best stuff while enabling those who would rather drop tons of crowns and get stuff quicker and easier to do so through cash. By making packs available for gold, the game becomes kid and family friendly again. As it stands with the current pack releases I can't recommend this game as a kids/family game as it only promotes the worst behavior that shouldn't be taught.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
[quote=seasnake
i think the wizard101 haves every thing for free

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
seasnake wrote:
If they contain unique spells and equipment, I think the best solution would be to make such packs available for purchase with gold. This would enable everyone who works hard at the game to be able to get the best stuff while enabling those who would rather drop tons of crowns and get stuff quicker and easier to do so through cash. By making packs available for gold, the game becomes kid and family friendly again. As it stands with the current pack releases I can't recommend this game as a kids/family game as it only promotes the worst behavior that shouldn't be taught.

wow i totally agree with you being a subscriber and a gear collector its extreamly unfair i would love that you could buy them with gold oh by the way what do you think the next pack will be my guess the wizard ''pack'' it would be a gamble to get a 7th wizard lame

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
seasnake wrote:

gold, thats insane! i dont use crowns, but i do know that the crowns sales would be decreased drasticly (spelling). many people spend tens of thousands of crowns on them.
Remember KI is a buisness and needs to make money to continue updates and payroll for tis wonderful game and the upcoming game, which requires more employees.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

see you in the spiral!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
seasnake wrote:

YES YES YES! You are absolutely correct. Those "____'s hoard" packs are teaching KIDS how to gamble. The only crowns item that I EVER got was my first mount and the cerulean edge. Next, their gonna charge you crowns for the kitchen sink! Who agrees?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
alyshaya wrote:
YES YES YES! You are absolutely correct. Those "____'s hoard" packs are teaching KIDS how to gamble.

Wrong. This is not gambling. It is no different from buying baseball trading cards,or any other type of trading cards. You are certainly entitled to not like it, but trying to list it as gambling,has no basis in reality.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
alyshaya wrote:
seasnake wrote:

YES YES YES! You are absolutely correct. Those "____'s hoard" packs are teaching KIDS how to gamble. The only crowns item that I EVER got was my first mount and the cerulean edge. Next, their gonna charge you crowns for the kitchen sink! Who agrees?

Not me, the card packs are no different than Baseball card packs, or the little quarter toys you find at the supermarket that come in the bubble plastic ball. Yeah, tell me you have never let your child get one of those, please do. When they put the quarter in, they don't know what they are going to get, some have stickers, some have rubber bouncing balls, some have rings, some have toy spiders, and the list goes on and on.

How is this any different?

Now, as far as the best Gear goes, the best gear is still Waterworks gear, hands down, to anyone with a brain and knows anything about mathematics, statistics, and how to actually play. Now yes, the wands are better, but this has been going on for quite some time and is nothing new. Better wands have been on sale in the crown shop, or in the Bundle Packs, now in the Hoard Packs.

Now that there is a few new permanent spells, you all want to whine and cry wolf? Why? Big Whoop t Doo... Some of you really need to get a grip and rethink your priorities. It is not a game breaker, nor a big it's so not fair. It is finally some type of reward to those spending all that extra cash in the game. I mean seriously, everything else can be gotten in the game, everything. Is that fair? It does not seem fair that those that spend all that extra cash get something that is not offered for free? Even then, the rest of the spiral can get these spells via treasure cards.

How can you all begrudge players and KI for this? You all should be ashamed.

Champion
May 03, 2011
It is finally some type of reward to those spending all that extra cash in the game. I mean seriously, everything else can be gotten in the game, everything. Is that fair? It does not seem fair that those that spend all that extra cash get something that is not offered for free? Even then, the rest of the spiral can get these spells via treasure cards.

I am. You are right. Why should people with more money NOT be able to buy their way through the game? People with wealth deserve more. Absolutely. I mean, why not just buy your way to level 70 in a few days instead of months? Or Warlord in PvP? Yes, definitely. Some of those level 58 and 68 spell quests took too much time. I should be able to buy those spells NOW, without all the hassle of fighting any monsters. I've got cash. I deserve anything I want, and I deserve it now! Shame on you people who think you should work for stuff and earn it. Shame, shame.

Right.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
It is finally some type of reward to those spending all that extra cash in the game. I mean seriously, everything else can be gotten in the game, everything. Is that fair? It does not seem fair that those that spend all that extra cash get something that is not offered for free? Even then, the rest of the spiral can get these spells via treasure cards.

I am. You are right. Why should people with more money NOT be able to buy their way through the game? People with wealth deserve more. Absolutely. I mean, why not just buy your way to level 70 in a few days instead of months? Or Warlord in PvP? Yes, definitely. Some of those level 58 and 68 spell quests took too much time. I should be able to buy those spells NOW, without all the hassle of fighting any monsters. I've got cash. I deserve anything I want, and I deserve it now! Shame on you people who think you should work for stuff and earn it. Shame, shame.

Right.

Hahaha! People DO work to get the hoards! Where do you get the money from? That doesn't take any work at all? So you're saying that people working for many hours isn't any work at all, shame on you people for saying that buying a spell with hard worked for money isn't any work at all.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
tabby714 wrote:

Right.

Well said, Tabby714.