Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Try thinking before you attack after a loss.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Tonight I fought a Ranked, and it was a really good hard fight.
I did go first, and almost lost the match twice, it was close.
After the fight, I got this comment....

"Back off on the Treasure cards next time...."

Ok, I can understand people getting upset when they lose.
But this is certainly not the first person who said this to me.

On the other hand, I only used two infallible, one Empower, Three Tower Shields, and one Earthquake Treasure cards. I have learned earthquake, so I add a accuracy boost to it and put it in the sidedeck.

All the other spells I used were learned spells on Colossal or cloaked.
I carry a large number of Colossal and Cloaked in my deck, all learned.
A card that you pull from your main deck is not a Treasure card. Even if you put a Colossal or Cloak on it, it's still not a Treasure card.
Why don't people seem to get this, a Treasure is something you Craft, buy or make yourself (unless it's dropped). Plus if you make it yourself down on Unicorn way, why not, everyone else I know does this.........everyone.

So please don't say stuff, when you have no idea if your right or not.

Plus, not one of the matches I was in, win or lose, did the other players
said "GG", not one. PvP is losing the group that understood what the game is about and this new group seems to be so much less friendly.

I guess this is my rant for today,
Joe.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Excellent post. Complainers are getting quite out of hand. I killed an Ice wizard once, who then swore for 5 minutes straight and false reported me. One person demanded treasure cards when he won. I wish something could be done, but it is impossible.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
i have to agree wizards getting allot meaner like they never say "GG" they always say "Wow your a cheater" or something like that but still ugh just say "GG"

Armiger
May 10, 2010
This is one of the main reasons Joe, that I have not been to the arena lately. Every single time you win, you are a noob spammer, a noob treasure user, a noob something.

Nobody can take defeat gracefully, everyone has an excuse.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I totally agree with you statement at the end. People have lost the common courtesy to say "gg" now especially if they see themselves losing. I have lost a lot of battles and have learned from them to become decent now,but I always say "gg" no matter my frustration. The kids in this game are getting ruder and ruder in the pvp arena also. I was literally cursed out by a 12 year old because I was winning and when I reported his language he told me that nobody reads what he says so stop reporting him. Luckily I am older and don't care what the kid said but he was very verbally abusive and boderline bullying just because he was losing. I agree the pvp arena is getting away from sportsmanship and more of a whine fest when people start to lose.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The only time I didn't say GG was when I accidentally hit the 'end' button, and it teleported me to the arena :x

Defender
May 17, 2011
i don't say GG. after a duel, if i win or if i lose, i bow to the other team and say something along the lines of, "that was fun. thanks for the excellent duel." even if the duel was dull. once, someone started swearing at me when i beat them (and really, it was really close. must have been because i was novice and they were grandmaster. or maybe i was journeyman, can't remember now). i bowed and thanked them, and they said this: you are a noob! get a life!.

i just did the dance emote while singing "i am a happy little noob, i am a happy little noob (over and over).

so, even if you don't say GG, you should still be polite (and smart, in the happy little noob case).

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think it is a sign of immaturity and frustration.

And if they actually verbally abuse you, you should report them. Having to take abuse without repercussion should be a zero tolerance policy.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
laulenak wrote:
i don't say GG. after a duel, if i win or if i lose, i bow to the other team and say something along the lines of, "that was fun. thanks for the excellent duel." even if the duel was dull. once, someone started swearing at me when i beat them (and really, it was really close. must have been because i was novice and they were grandmaster. or maybe i was journeyman, can't remember now). i bowed and thanked them, and they said this: you are a noob! get a life!.

i just did the dance emote while singing "i am a happy little noob, i am a happy little noob (over and over).

so, even if you don't say GG, you should still be polite (and smart, in the happy little noob case).
Lol, seems like you handled that pretty well. Thanking an opponent for a duel seems very formal, and very wizardly lol. I give out my own spin on GG: Good Duel! Seems more accurate lol.