Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it nerdy to play this game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2012
I'm considered a nerd for playing an awesome game and tell ya what i'm proud of it. I feel great being called a nerd because i'm getting recognition of what game I play. Wizard101= game for epic people. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Bah! Who cares what anyone else thinks? If you're having fun and you're staying out of trouble, it's all good. Opinions are like armpits. We all have them and they all stink. Besides, picking on someone and calling them "nerdy" is a form of bullying, so who's in the wrong there? Not you. And I'd be wary of keeping "friends" who made a habit of calling me "nerdy" because I like to do things that they don't. With friends like that, you really don't need enemies.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I highly dissagree with certain people who thing it is nerdy to play this game.

I mean, c'mon, if it is nerdy to play this game - let there be nerds! I like this game for this game, and I don't care one bit whether it is nerdy to do so :)

Natalie JadeBlade, the girl with the rhyming name

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Alot of people say Wizard101 is Boring i only played it for blah blah yada yada, but thats mostly cause that haven't really tryed it. But different People have different Opnions. Also, when i say i play Wizard101 on Toontown, they're like, OMG YOUR SO LAME!! Well, they can't handle the Epicness.

Long story Short...
IMO, Wizard101 is NOT nerdy.

PS. I'm Gamer Nerd and proud!!!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
This game is not nerdy at all, I'm not a nerd in the sense that I play chess...oh wait I do play chess. But I don't like watching nerdy things...oh wait I loved Battestar Galactica and Star Trek back in the day. Ha ha but if you saw me I don't look or get on nerdy if you know what I mean. But there ya go. Lots of different kinds of people from different countries, ages etc playing so the game itself isn't nerdy, just plain old fun.

Anyone feel free to add me but only if you have open chat because menu chat is a nuisance when trying to do battle etc. I don't get involved in the chat show stuff going on sometimes, prefer to do quests lol so only add me if you want to do battles together etc. Also, if you're a boy don't think I wanna be 'your girl' just because I fight battles with you or message asking for help or offering help etc- to me this is just a friendly exchange.

Iridian Swiftsong
Bookworm

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
'Nerd' as I was growing up defined someone who was stronger in the mind than the body. Someone who enjoyed learning more than beating on others. SO, by that definition, I think many players here are nerds. I am, and proud of it. As far as your parents not letting you play Call of Duty and such...good for them. I don't let my son play it either. Allowing a child to immerse themselves for hours a day into a fantasy of mindless killing, blood, guts and gore is not my idea of responsible parenting. Allowing them to do it in world where animals talk, wizards cast spells with cards, and people can help each other out, well, I like that idea a bit better for my kids. Although they are limited on the time they spend there. :)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
SEAN638 wrote:
I for one am called a "nerd" by my friends for playing this game. I don't really care, but am I alone? Of course you guys don't think I am. You play it too. I understand where they are coming from, but can we all join together make each other feel better here. I love the wizard101 community and would love to hear some positive things about me playing. My parents don't let me play all the call of duty stuff so I have nothing else to talk about sometimes, but pretend I know what there saying.

Anyone one else wanna get there nerd on! Im a nerd and I know it. How about you? does anyone feel nerdy while they play this wonderful game?

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Of course not! You are not A nerd, don't care what others think. ----Jasmine Fireblade

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Nah, 4 of my best friends play it with me, and we are not nerds. so dont let them bother you!1

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
SEAN638 wrote:
I for one am called a "nerd" by my friends for playing this game. I don't really care, but am I alone? Of course you guys don't think I am. You play it too. I understand where they are coming from, but can we all join together make each other feel better here. I love the wizard101 community and would love to hear some positive things about me playing. My parents don't let me play all the call of duty stuff so I have nothing else to talk about sometimes, but pretend I know what there saying.

Anyone one else wanna get there nerd on! Im a nerd and I know it. How about you? does anyone feel nerdy while they play this wonderful game?

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!
NO Sean this game is Not a nerdy game at all. Pretend the people who say that aren't saying anything at all.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I would tell your friends that they are nerds for NOT PLaying this game :)

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Lol my friend calls me a nerd for playing this too! And I dont care! I know 3 kids from my school who play this, and my best friend (she doesn't go to my school) plays this as well! We aren't nerds! And if we are, then we are proud of it! Go Wizards!
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 53 Fire

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I feel so proud to be a so called nerd. I love the support from the wizard101 community and hope for many more to obtain the support I have. Thanks guys!

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
In our eyes, you will never be a nerd, because we don't care if you play this game 24/7 all the time. We will consider you a trancended (are you one? forgot. :P) and we will consider you a powerful wizard, not a nerd.

David ShadowWalker Myth Magus level 36. :D

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
My best friend used to play Wizard101 but when he got his Ipad for his birthday eventually he stopped playing it. He plays the games he has on his Ipad now :p He thinks its babyish and since I play the game I also am "babyish". But have other things to do as well like read a book, play outside, or just ride my quad bike!!! :) :) Anyway, even if my best friend thinks it babyish, I dont take his opinion, you see, everyone has their own opinions so yeah! It still doesnt stop me playing this EPIC game (as said before, usaully say things twice ) Cya in the spiral! so look out for me. My name is Samuel GhostHunter Legendary Conjurer Lvl 63 and riding a panther, and usually hang out in Boabob Crossroads and sometimes the commons!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Sean, if you're a nerd for playing this game, then there are at least 20 million other nerds out there. If it's nerdy to play this game, everyone on this forum is a nerd. I know i'm a nerd, and I don't think it's a bad thing. Just because Wizard101 doesn't have all of the blood and gore of call of duty and all of the other shooting games for the Xbox doesn't mean it's nerdy. If everyone who plays Wizard101 and all of the other games out there like it is a nerd, then the world is probably at least 80 percent nerd.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 70 Fire

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
eggywig wrote:
I'm in a class of nerds, so I can't really say. The only person who doesn't like me talking about W101 is my friend. I had told her about W101 and she tried to get it to work, but her computer didn't meet all the system requirments (it was the graphics). She's just jealous.

Come to the nerd side! We have pi!

They just don't know what there missing...

brilliant pun, just brilliant

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
they are just being annoying nerd or not nerd it dosent matter 8)