Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it nerdy to play this game?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I for one am called a "nerd" by my friends for playing this game. I don't really care, but am I alone? Of course you guys don't think I am. You play it too. I understand where they are coming from, but can we all join together make each other feel better here. I love the wizard101 community and would love to hear some positive things about me playing. My parents don't let me play all the call of duty stuff so I have nothing else to talk about sometimes, but pretend I know what there saying.

Anyone one else wanna get there nerd on! Im a nerd and I know it. How about you? does anyone feel nerdy while they play this wonderful game?

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
No, Sean638, you are not NERDY. If you are then all of us that do play are nerdy too.

Since you mentioned parents, I can tell you I am at least old enough to be your grandmother and I am not the only "OLDER person that plays this game. I have friends older than me that play and a nephew or 2 as well and a grandson, and a great grandson that watches every chance he gets.

I am guessing your parents won't let you play some of the other games for a couple of reasons. 1. They may have excessive violence and there is too much of that in the real world or 2. a lot of foul language. Give them credit for watching out for your best interests.

As for your real life friends, try finding someone in your school or neighborhood that also plays this game. This will also give you someone and something to talk about and it may have your other friends wondering just exactly what they may be missing.

So yes, if you are nerdy, then I would say the rest of us are too. Just play and have fun.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
me and my friend play it together its so much fun but yes i do feel like a nerd and i proud of it

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
um how is this a nerd game? if it was a nerd game WE BE learning stuff.. p.s i didnt read all of it

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am a nerd!

** plays music in the background: I am a Champion...

The nerds are what makes this world go 'round. There would be no technology, no computer games, no anything if it weren't for nerds.

I was threatened to be sent into rehab or to a psychiatrist more times than I could count for constantly playing computer games. But I don't care. If I have fun, I will continue to play computer games.

As long as you have fun, you continue playing computer games. You live life only once. Whether in the real world, or in cyber world, live it up!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
he calls you a nerd only because
he is afraid of what people would say about him
if he played the game...
i tell people i play Wizard 101
and others have tried the game and
now play with their kids too

you show courage for being who you are
and not letting another bend you
to what they want you to be.
and that is most honorable
while your friend hides
in the shame of fear.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm in a class of nerds, so I can't really say. The only person who doesn't like me talking about W101 is my friend. I had told her about W101 and she tried to get it to work, but her computer didn't meet all the system requirments (it was the graphics). She's just jealous.

Come to the nerd side! We have pi!

They just don't know what there missing...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
No. If everyone who gamed was a nerd, the planet would 99.99999999% nerd and .0000000000000000000000001 percent not nerds. We aren't geeks, nerds or any of it. We just game.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Thanks guys I feel better. I am a nerd and am proud to be one. I really don't care what anyone says. I love this game and the community of it, everyone is so nice. I never even thought about quitting, but just wanted to know if anyone felt the same way.

Ty for the support guys

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011

Relax dude, there is absolutely no reason this epic game is NERDY 8) . Why would it be nerdy. Its awesome and wizards, wicthes, dragons, minotaurs, fantasy etc. thats way not nerdy. Look around, all over the world there are kids, teens, mathers, fathers, grandmothers and fathers. I assure you that, if it would be nerdy then all of the 20 million players who play it would be nerds as well! Guys who say they think its 'not cool' are just trying to act cool. Thats all i want to say. Bye Bye wizards, oh and i almost forgot witches!

Samuel GhostHunter
Grandmaster Conjurer
Master of Myth

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Let's put it this way, guys... I am in my mid-20s, and I have 24 wizards over 4 accounts (2 are full subs, with crowns), written a fan-fic, and bought shirts/mugs from the Zazzle store.

If *you* are a nerd for playing this game, Sean, then I am beyond hope. :P

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
vonawesome1 wrote:
Let's put it this way, guys... I am in my mid-20s, and I have 24 wizards over 4 accounts (2 are full subs, with crowns), written a fan-fic, and bought shirts/mugs from the Zazzle store.

If *you* are a nerd for playing this game, Sean, then I am beyond hope. :P

Lol. I just had to say I was laughing on the inside
Should it be loti (laughing on the inside) :P. alright that was nerdy of me

Sean Firelood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
SEAN638 wrote:
I for one am called a "nerd" by my friends for playing this game. I don't really care, but am I alone? Of course you guys don't think I am. You play it too. I understand where they are coming from, but can we all join together make each other feel better here. I love the wizard101 community and would love to hear some positive things about me playing. My parents don't let me play all the call of duty stuff so I have nothing else to talk about sometimes, but pretend I know what there saying.

Anyone one else wanna get there nerd on! Im a nerd and I know it. How about you? does anyone feel nerdy while they play this wonderful game?

See you in the spiral!

I totally agree! Once about a year ago, I was gonna write a story about This wonderful game. When my friends noticed that I was writing about this, they called me a nerd. Probably partially cause I wear glasses but, yea, they called me nerd then laughed their heads till they exploded. I felt sad and then I was like We all have opinions on different things. Then I became their not-friend. Everytime they saw me though, they continued laughing, Hey, I was even only in 3rd grade! (KI please don't disapprove of message cause I said that, I wasn't saying anything personal or nothing) Anyway, I feel totally agreed here. People call me nerd to this day. And I frankly think I am ok with it, yet it makes me feel unappreciated by my so called friends. So I try to keep my gaming experience secret, yet sometimes i things slip, and they instantly know what I'm talking about. (SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! Either they know because they seen lots of stuff on the game and think its dumb, boo them, or they play too! Hint hint 8) ) Heh. I wonder now... but anyway, kinda off topic, but I read your stories on fan fiction Sean! They were pretty dang good. I showed them to one of my friends that call me nerd for playing, and for some reason they instantly were persuaded to play. LOL! But none of my other friends were. Eh, thats their problem. I mean, we all know about 18+ year olds playing right? If they play, why can't we? I mean, seriously? Well, anyway, thanks for writing this topic Sean! I couldn't agree more! Gettin' my nerd on! :P :P :P Anyways, we aren't the nerds, the people who don't play this game, are. We are all nerds inside though! LOLZ!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I know I'm a nerd. Not just because I play this game though... ;)

Destiny Ashstone
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
Me and my friend Kyle Ghostfinder are both called nerds because we like this game and talk about it alot. This makes me feel beter about myself so we are not bullied alone.

-Steven Pearlgem-

_Master Necromancer_

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:

See you in the spiral!
Well if you want, you can consider yourself a nerd. You do not have to. Just because you play this game does not mean you are a nerd.
According to, Dictionary.com, a nerd is:
1. A stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
2. An intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.
These definitions are not my opinion they are directly from, Dictionary.com.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Well, I'm already nerdy so I don't think I can provide a good answer here. :D

Wizard101 is fun. If that makes it nerdy, okay.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I've been called a nerd for playing this game too. But I'd like to see the name callers tell that to all 25 million plus players who play this game, including people who like violent games just like them. Really, they're just jealous of how much fun you're having!

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
what i find extremely funny is that one of the "bully's" best friends was caught playing this by him, guess what; they both play it now.
Take this as a lesson people, dont make fun of someone for something you have never done or tried. you may find it fun if you just tried it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
shrukain wrote:
I've been called a nerd for playing this game too. But I'd like to see the name callers tell that to all 25 million plus players who play this game, including people who like violent games just like them. Really, they're just jealous of how much fun you're having!

Thank you! Even though my friends (we're all adults) think I'm a total dork for loving the heck out of this game, they probably won't admit that they tried it out- I helped them with quests, so I *know* they stopped in. :P

(They all play WoW, but I could never force myself to get into that guild-driven, elitist bloodbath. (They're the nerds, IMO. :P) Sure, my birth certificate says I'm an adult, but that's debatable- I'll always be a kid at heart. ;)

... and I'm not a nerd- I'm a wizard!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
SEAN638 wrote:

See you in the spiral!

sean so what if its nerdy who cares we have fun right? besides before i played my friends talked about it i was like who cares (ki dont take this offensivly) but they kept telling me to try it so i did the game is AWSOME! beside lets see the ones who dont like the game take on like 30k plus people who like it. so who cares i were nerds!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
May 31, 2011
Frankly, I never saw being "nerdy" a bad thing. I imagine all types of people use this site. If it didn't have a wide appeal it would not be as successful as it is. My guess is that the person or persons calling names if just trying to push your buttons.