Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

housing devices and permanent henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
There are times when I realy want more of a hard to get housing items. So I had an idea of a machine that will duplicate house items. you give it something (hadn't figured out what) and it will replicate your furniture. What you replicate will be no auction ofcourse.

The next idea is permanent henchmen (followers) They will follow your wizard like a pet. When in battle they will take up one of the four fight possitions(and can't be pushed out by other wizards). But when they get defeated they don't dissapear, itstead they wait for healing (I haven't figured out if the battle ends if your defeated or not) After the battle they resume following your wizard for the next fight, with the same health as when the battle ended. They can pick up health after your health is filled, and have there own potion slots. These would ofcourse be high priced crowns items,just as there are permanent mounts and temporary ones, and possibly different level henchmen for a higher price.

The last idea came up after many long days of having to solo quests, being that I have no friends on my list, people are unreliable at times, and most of the time it seems no one is on the same quest you are, and it would be great to just have a wizard ready when you need one.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
I know what you're trying to say, but sadly, I cannot support these ideas.

The housing devices are a bit... "game-breaking" I suppose. It's almost like cheating. I've saved up for an housing item before and then I save up for another. ...It's not very hard. Machines like that would most likely cost crowns, so you'd be paying for it anyways and it'd be unfair to someone who does not have any money to spend in-game. If items are hard-to-get, there's a reason! You can't really show off the hard work you put into a duplicated item.

Permanent Henchmen sound like they'd be slightly irratating. Have you ever been fighting a boss when a low-level player teleports to you, dragging another monster into the battle? Henchmen would drag an extra monster into battle and stay there when it's defeated. I've not had a good experience with henchmen/minions and they're pretty thick-headed. ...Not a very good idea for me. Maybe others, but it's not for me.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I love the idea.

But honestly, I think actual henchmen would be too overpowered, even if they are restricted to PvE only.

Perhaps a twist on the idea is to be able to customize 'mini-decks' for the pets that you have. Different size decks with different allowable schools of spells depending on which pet is equipped.