Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 10 Level 78 Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Storm: Shocktopus
10 Pips 90 + 900 storm damage to all enemies and stuns.

A tidepool appears on the battlefield with rocks, seaweed, and other small marine creatures. Bubbles begin to come up from underneath the water and long dark purple tentacles sparking with electric energy, rise up out of the water. The head of the Shocktopus breaks the surface and opens its eyes revealing large, glowing yellow eyes. Its entire body begins to spark and crackle with rage. The Shocktopus slams down and then wraps a tentacle around the an enemy, doing the initial damage. It then begins to glow purple, crackle and spark, then BLAM! An explosive force of electrical energy explodes under the tentacles, doing the remaining damage. The Shocktopus then fires a jet of black sticky ink from its beak at the enemy, stunning them.

Credit goes to Achilles398 for this spell. Great Idea!

Fire: Advocate of Fire
10 Pips with 75% Accuracy
Does 940 fire damage to all enemies & leaves -90% weakness on all.

A Warrior with Wings, engulfed with fire, flies down and lands in the center bearing a great Axe. He lifts the axe up and fire ecompases the Axe, with a swing of the axe at each target.

Ice: Amarok
10 Pips with 80% Accuracy
Does 80+840 ice damage over 3 rounds and stuns for one round.

Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene.

Credit goes to AkihiroHattori5's Idea for this spell. Excellent Idea.

Death: Keres
10 Pips with 85% Accuracy
Does 880 death damage to all enemies and leaves a Virtulent plague.

A Female Death spirit rises from the ground, she is ghostly white with wings. She raises her hands as if calling to you, she then drains you of life.

Credit goes to Watsupdog for this Idea, thank you!

Life: Wicked Willow
10 Pips 75+825 Life damage to all enemies over 3 rounds.

An evil and baron willow tree, surrounded by graves. You can hear the wind and then a wolf howl in the distance. The tree is still, but suddenly, an evil face emerges from the center of the tree. It looks very upset that it was woken from it's slumber, it slams it's branches on the ground, then takes it's biggest branch and swings it at the enemies.

Myth: Valkyrie
10 Pips with 80% Accuracy
Does 920 Myth damage to all enemies & stuns all

A female warrior carrying a Golden spear and riding on a Pegasus, swoops down into the center circle, Raises her Spear and it lights up, she points the spear at the opponent and a mystical blast hits each enemy.

Balance: Cygnus
10 Pips with 85% Accuracy
Does 300+900 Balance damage over 3 rounds to 1 enemy and stuns.

An Egyptian Warrior Appears, carrying a sword and shield. He looks down at all the combatant and with a great cry, Swings his sword back, then jumps and swings the sword over his head and swings it forward, when landing, he lunges the sword down, hitting the enemy.

These are my Ideas for the next world and the Rank 10 spells.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Storm: Tornado
10 Pips 600+600 storm damage to 1 enemy stun for 1 round.

Dark Clouds with lightning strikes appear in the center, rain starts to fall, the clouds start to move, making a grand funnel cloud. The cloud comes down and touches the ground, then strikes the opponent.

I like the animation, but why the double damage, that is what Myth is known for?

Fire: Eternal Flame
10 Pips 900 fire damage to all enemies & leaves 2 smoke screens on all.

A small flame appears from the ground, it starts to grow and get bigger and bigger into a ball of fire. Then the flame takes flight and moves in a circular pattern with a blaze of fire from it's trail. It strikes each opponent. (I have a really good envision of this spell and it is pretty cool, but so hard to put into words exactly what I see)

Ohh, an attack all spell for fire that is not a DOT, I like it. Is it not a bit weak though for 10 pips?

Ice: Polar Bear
10 Pips 100+990 ice damage over 3 rounds stuns one round.

Pretty easy to see the animation here.

I like the damage, but a polar bear? Can you not make something a bit more creative?

Death: King Cobra
10 Pips 200+900 death damage over 3 rounds stuns one round & weakness.

Another easy to see the animation with.

My problem with this spell, is that it is too much like Skeletal Dragon. Now if it attacked all enemies, that would be better.

Life: Womping Willow
10 Pips 100+900 Life damage to all enemies over 3 rounds.

Need I explain this one?

Yeah, this is a good spell, now if Death's was like this, it would be perfect.

Myth: Keres
10 Pips 200+800 Myth damage to all enemies & stuns all.

Actually, I forgot to give credit for this spell. This was not my Idea, so I really can't say what the animation would be like. I did change it from Balance to Myth though and the damage.

A double attack all? Myth needs a powerful attack all, not sure about it being a double attack.

Balance: Solar Flare
10 Pips 300+900 Balance damage over 3 rounds and stuns.

With the Sun in the sky, like for the Ra Spell, 3 solar flare blasts shoot from the sun hitting all enemies. (Also taken from the same post. Changed this one to balance. I do like balance having a powerful DoT spell)

The animation sounds kinda lame, sorry. I do like the thought of Balance having a good spell to Use, besides Judgment. Might be a bit underpowered though, for a DOT.

Please don't comment and say, too many stuns or stuns belong to Ice and Myth only, because that is so untrue. Besides, with stun blocks, and stun resistance starting to appear on gear, this is where the game is headed and these spell allow for even more strategy and a greater balance to the game.

All in all, they are not bad, needs a little work though.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Tornado - Interesting double hit. Perhaps if you are going to make it somewhat of a shield breaker you might want to lower the initial damage and increase the latter.

Eternal Flame - I like the attack all, but no DOT on this one. I think it is a great next step from the genie.

Polar Bear - I think this one is great, also follows the natural progression. (Rosamary, I love the polar bear - cuddly and cute or fierce in the attack!)

King Cobra - I agree with Rosamary on this one, too much like Skeletal Dragon. It would be great as an attack all enemies with somewhat less damage because of that.

Womping Willow - Love this spell, and of course the name.

Keres - An interesting idea, I like it a lot. It may be just a bit overpowered though for an attack all. Hmm, have to think about that, it is ten pips after all.

Solar Flare - Agreed Balance could use a good DOT. This would of course take out any tower shields and go through anything else unless a balance specific shield is added. Might be interesting to have a spell that took out any balance generated shields such as the elemental and spiritual shields as well. Myth would probably have a cow over it though.

Overall some nice ideas.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Dark Clouds with lightning strikes appear in the center, rain starts to fall, the clouds start to move, making a grand funnel cloud. The cloud comes down and touches the ground, then strikes the opponent.

Ok.... Problem with this here.
Fire has a spell that does 1,100 to all enemies and this does 1,200 to one enemy? Underpowered, and I dont like the damage set up....

darthjt wrote:

A small flame appears from the ground, it starts to grow and get bigger and bigger into a ball of fire. Then the flame takes flight and moves in a circular pattern with a blaze of fire from it's trail. It strikes each opponent. (I have a really good envision of this spell and it is pretty cool, but so hard to put into words exactly what I see)

I honestly dont like this one.... Rain of fire does 1,100, as I just stated, and the 2 smokescreens are kinda useless.... as at this rate, armor is going to give +20 accuracy....

darthjt wrote:

To much like woolly mammoth and to close to damage like skeletal dragon.

darthjt wrote:

No. Maybe 150+675 to all enemies but not that measly amount to one enemy. 3 stuns is by far to much and a weakness.
darthjt wrote:

Need I explain this one?

A little less.... More powerful than sirens AND more powerful than the fire spell for rank 10... Maybe 75+750 over 3 rounds? :3 Lets come with a comprimise? :P
But I do like the name ^-^
darthjt wrote:

Actually, I forgot to give credit for this spell. This was not my Idea, so I really can't say what the animation would be like. I did change it from Balance to Myth though and the damage.

Um.... Lets see how much per round... 800/3.... 266.66 per round. Kinda weird how fire is so underpowered here but fine, take away stun and add -20% weakness.
darthjt wrote:

With the Sun in the sky, like for the Ra Spell, 3 solar flare blasts shoot from the sun hitting all enemies. (Also taken from the same post. Changed this one to balance. I do like balance having a powerful DoT spell)

1200?????? Are you INSANE! Since when did myth do as much as storm???? Plus its only 1 enemy. and I kinda dislike the animation idea.... To close to ra and power nova... needs a little shnazzy unique-ness-thingy to it. (Lol thats a funny word! xD)

Well anyways.... see ya in the spiral! o:

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Delver
Sep 20, 2009
(New Comment after change of spells by author)

Storm: I think the spell is a little unoriginal, but overall, the animation and stats are pretty good.

Fire: Again, it's unoriginal in my words, but the animation is okay but if you explained it in words it might be better, and the new stats are great.

Ice: I guess the spell is okay, it's not really unoriginal. The stats are a little too high for Ice and everyone has a different mind, so everyone has a different vision of the animation.

Death: Eh....I guess it's okay but it's sorta simple. Stats are a little too much, maybe remove the stun, and lower the attack a little, and again animation you should always post, just so people get a feel.

Life: Copyright alert. Just because you spelled it differently, it's still the original 'Whomping Willow' from Harry Potter. So no. It's overpowered for life.

Myth: I guess it's okay.

Balance: The spell is okay I guess, but as a Balance wizard, I wouldn't really want to see a spell called 'Solar Flare.' The damage is a little too much, and yeah.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Need I explain this one?

Please don't comment and say, too many stuns or stuns belong to Ice and Myth only, because that is so untrue. Besides, with stun blocks, and stun resistance starting to appear on gear, this is where the game is headed and these spell allow for even more strategy and a greater balance to the game.

Ummmmmmm.................Does anyone else notice all but the storm and myth spells are dots? Ye, cool i like the life dot idea because we needed one but thats more or less mainly fire and partially myths thing. The double hit tornado, now a storm could easily blow that out of proportion. I like its annimation but i dont like the damage idea for it. If its gonna be a one hit it should be just that. And i think it should rank from 1200-1300 damage and removes blades. As for myth whatever its new spell is (i dont really care about its new attack damage) but i think its ability should be soething similar to earth only it removes like weaknesses and traps on yourself.
And fire should have at least 1000 damage. And "solar flare" is way too much like nova. And i think its ability should be hex to all enemies. As for ice i think it should be the yetti. I mean everybody loves him and btw Ice doesnt need another dot. i think ice's damage should be like 950-1000. Idk what the annimation should be but has something to do with yetti. And i dont care about deaths spell but i think its ability should either add a feint or virulent plague. As for life (i have a life transcended char...) i think it should be a new healing spell. But if it happens to be an attack spell i think it should be a hunter in the woods. But if its a heal it should be bartleby with both his eyes and it heals 1300 (thats double what it currently does) and the effect should be guiding light to everyone or something similar.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Thank you all for your comments, I have updated the spells. Please take a look and tell me what you think of the changes. Thank you.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
10 Pips 500+500 storm damage to all enemies & removes all shields and charms.

Just make it 1,000 damage + the effect (the double hit for a storm would end pvp.)

10 Pips 1000 fire damage to all enemies & leaves -90% weakness on all.

Lower the damage to 780, change the effect to a stun. Then fire won't get yet another OP spell (sorry, I'm just kind of fed up with KI continuing to give the best pvp schools the best spells.) If you want to leave the 90% weakness, Lower the damage to 690 (don't mention efreet, the spell is mathematically worth 10 pips.)

10 Pips 90+990 ice damage over 3 rounds stuns one round.

Lower the damage to 85 + 915.

10 Pips 150+950 death damage to all enemies over 3 rounds.

Good.

Womping willow is probably has a copyright. Other then that it is good.

10 Pips 1000 Myth damage to all enemies & stuns all.

Lower the damage to 720.

10 Pips 300+900 Balance damage over 3 rounds to 1 enemy and stuns.

Though I would absolutely love an OP balance spell, I'll play fairly. Lower the first hit to 175.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Ok.... Problem with this here.
Fire has a spell that does 1,100 to all enemies and this does 1,200 to one enemy? Underpowered, and I dont like the damage set up....

darthjt wrote:

I honestly dont like this one.... Rain of fire does 1,100, as I just stated, and the 2 smokescreens are kinda useless.... as at this rate, armor is going to give +20 accuracy....

darthjt wrote:

To much like woolly mammoth and to close to damage like skeletal dragon.

darthjt wrote:

No. Maybe 150+675 to all enemies but not that measly amount to one enemy. 3 stuns is by far to much and a weakness.
darthjt wrote:

Need I explain this one?

A little less.... More powerful than sirens AND more powerful than the fire spell for rank 10... Maybe 75+750 over 3 rounds? :3 Lets come with a comprimise? :P
But I do like the name ^-^
darthjt wrote:

Um.... Lets see how much per round... 800/3.... 266.66 per round. Kinda weird how fire is so underpowered here but fine, take away stun and add -20% weakness.
darthjt wrote:

1200?????? Are you INSANE! Since when did myth do as much as storm???? Plus its only 1 enemy. and I kinda dislike the animation idea.... To close to ra and power nova... needs a little shnazzy unique-ness-thingy to it. (Lol thats a funny word! xD)

Well anyways.... see ya in the spiral! o:

K, that was my old post. Lets see how well it does compared to now! Good luck :D (lol I am soooo weird)

darthjt wrote:

Dark Clouds with lightning strikes appear in the center, rain starts to fall, the clouds start to move, making a grand funnel cloud. The cloud comes down and touches the ground, then strikes all opponents.

Ok, I like the edit to this, not INSANELY overpowered, but not Really weak. Just dont do the take away shields, please! That would be far to close to earthquake with more damage and more pips.

darthjt wrote:

I like it, however, change the -90% to a -50%, its like a efreet to all enemies. Btw a better description on the animation, because it seems like a fire spectral blast with a little shnazzy edit, but should be clarified with a little more detail.
darthjt wrote:

I still dont like this idea... Really sorry, but should not be a ice version of skeletal dragon.... Sorry but no on this one.
darthjt wrote:

Ok, I dont like the name of it first of all, and should do 132+897 over 3 rounds to all enemies. (That is a 1029 if my mental math is correct)

darthjt wrote:

Need I explain this one?

I like it, but little overpowered for life. How about 90+840? (930 damage to each) Still really enjoy the name of this spell, haha! :)
darthjt wrote:

Still a little overpowered, Should be 980 to all enemies & stun, or 1060 & no stun.
Otherwise, not bad, just make sure that the source you got this from isnt copyrighted! jk :) But should be a different name, to close to ra, just more powerful and in myth form.

darthjt wrote:

Hmm. Interesting, but to close to power nova mixed with a little ra. Sounds more like a fire name also. *cough* solar *cough* ^-^
But should be like 150+750 to all enemies. agreed, balance needs a DoT.

Much improvement on this since last time, very good job! I wont let this thread die for another week or 2, I see some real potential in this with some effort!

See ya in the spiral!
Nicholas Rubyshard, the wizard to lazy to train his ice. xD

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Storm: I do not like storm becoming myth in a way. I understand that you were trying to make the two schools show contrast because they are opposites but I do not like the spell for storm. A double hit spell is myth not storm, and removing all traps and shields is basically earthquake which is another myth spell. That is basically taking two myth spells and now making them storm.

The biggest problem I have with this spell is its an AOE. I am not sure I would mind too much if this card if it were to a single opponent however. I think it would be a nice ability to give storm a card like this and it would help a lot in 1v1 pvp. So it needs to be changed from an AOE in order for me to accept this idea more.

Fire: I like the effect of this spell and what you describe. Though I do feel like the -90% weakness should be changed to -50% weakness and then add a -50% accuracy to the spell.

Also on the animation maybe put a black background behind it when you cast it to make the flame stick out more and make it like a giant blaze or burst from the candle.

Ice: Hmmm.... I am not sure here. I would like to see ice get an attack not a dot. Make the attack do like 900 to one target and add a ice blade on the caster or a weakness on the opponent, something along those lines.

Death: Death needs a AOE on all. Not like scarecrow where its a drain just an attack. I say take out the DOT and then make it to an attack on all enemies and put double plague on everyone. I am not sure how to work out damage but keep it normal.

Life: I like this spell all around. I would like to see this spell in the game for life. I would help them be a force to attack and its a dot to clear shields on everyone for them. I do not feel like we need anymore healing in the next update.

*Only one exception* (And I like this idea better)

That would be if KI gave us a spell exactly like this and make it weak like 300 up front and 500 to all enemies over three rounds, and heal all of my team 300 up front and 500 over three rounds. It gives life the ability to attack and heal which would be key in places.

*I will also post this is the dorms later because I like this spell*

Myth: Hmm not sure on this one. So for the moment I will say it passes in my book.

Balance: I would say this is too much like myths new card. I would say balance should be able to copy myth though. Maybe give balance a double attack card or something along those lines instead of a dot? It would give them a way to break shields also.... so ideas? I would also like to see balance get something that no other school has or something new and original.

Blake NightWraith

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

A little too much like Earthquake except for the double hit, which I've wanted for Storm for a looooooong time now. How about just removes all charms??? Wait, I get it, the tornado sends the charms and wards flying away! o:

10 Pips 1000 fire damage to all enemies & leaves -90% weakness on all

Efreet was just a special that Fire got, it the weakness shouldn't be continued like this (Since it's an eternal flame, why not make it cast a global spell such as Wyldfire after the hit?)

So, this world would be a tropical place with Morganthe trying to steal an Ice thing? Anyways, the spell reminds me of Skeletal Dragon, and the damage would be 1080, Ice usually isn't supposed to do over 100 damage per pip.

Well, since king cobras have some really powerful venom, and that this spell isn't a DoT AoE drain, then it should leave a 25% Infection on all of those enemies.

Basically the same damage as Judgement but to all enemies, nice.

Myth should lay off the stuns for this one, but raise the damage, 3 stun spells in a row is quite unfair.

Aha, a DoT for Balance, (Finally), but when I think of this now, with my damage boost included and a Balanceblade and a Dragonblade, this is a really power AoE. Well, the health is probably going to be really high anyways. Thank you for actually making a Balance spell that doesn't need to be enchanted to be strong!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Dark Clouds with lightning strikes appear in the center, rain starts to fall, the clouds start to move, making a grand funnel cloud. The cloud comes down and touches the ground, then strikes all opponents.

Well, it certainly doesn't remind me of Sandstorm. Good. The thing that annoys me is the damage and effect; it's so confusing. There's the DoT effect (and you know my opinion on that) on top of this Earthquake-esque effect? Like I said, Storm is about raw power (with the exception of Mermaids) and I prefer that attacks stay true to the school's medium(s).

It deals likely over 1000 to all the enemies and then leaves a -90% on all of them? Way too much. Not even Storm has an AoE that deals 1000 base damage, so why should Fire? The animation is too ambiguous and reminds me too much of Power Nova.

Another DoT. This time it's very overpowered and boring. And 3 stuns?! No.

Another boring, overpowered DoT.

Need I explain this one?

Yet another boring, overpowered DoT.

Really? You take someone else's idea and don't even have the courtesy to look up what you're taking? Wow. And overpowered.

This spell has nothing at all to do with Balance. A Fire method of attack, Storm damage, and a Ice/Myth effect? Then this animation that screams Power Nova? Ugh...

General Comments: Dude...I'll be honest and say I'm severely disappointed. These attacks are dull, monotonous, inane, and to say unoriginal would be an understatement. I'm really sorry if I'm being mean, but it's so frustrating to read this and see that it came from you of all people. I expect much more from you, darthjt.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Well, it certainly doesn't remind me of Sandstorm. Good. The thing that annoys me is the damage and effect; it's so confusing. There's the DoT effect (and you know my opinion on that) on top of this Earthquake-esque effect? Like I said, Storm is about raw power (with the exception of Mermaids) and I prefer that attacks stay true to the school's medium(s).

Actually, it is not a DoT spell, it is a double hit spell. It shows the connection and opposition to Myth. It is all about power. Also, like an earthquake, nothing remains after the devastation of a Tornado. Hence, the loss of charms and wards.

It deals likely over 1000 to all the enemies and then leaves a -90% on all of them? Way too much. Not even Storm has an AoE that deals 1000 base damage, so why should Fire? The animation is too ambiguous and reminds me too much of Power Nova.

I lowered the base damage to that of Efreet, an 8 pip spell. This will attack all, and it actually, looks nothing like Power Nova.

Another DoT. This time it's very overpowered and boring. And 3 stuns?! No.

Actually, Ice has a good AoE, AoE DoT, and attack spell, now it needs a good attack DoT spell. This actually works well and damage is higher on DoT spells, so this is not far off the mark from Wolly Mammoth.

Not sure how a Polar Bear is boring? What do you consider exciting?
An Avalanche?

Another boring, overpowered DoT.

Lowered the power a bit. But considering that Skeletal Dragon is 8 pips and these spells are attack all for 10 pips, the damage should be similar if not, a bit more.

Need I explain this one?

Yet another boring, overpowered DoT.

Again, I lowered the power a bit, but how is this boring? Does anything excite you?

Really? You take someone else's idea and don't even have the courtesy to look up what you're taking? Wow. And overpowered.

Again, I lowered the power. It is actually just the name I borrowed. But I am sure anyone that looks up Keres can get an Idea of what this spell will look like and should be.

This spell has nothing at all to do with Balance. A Fire method of attack, Storm damage, and a Ice/Myth effect? Then this animation that screams Power Nova? Ugh...

Actually, this spell is designed to help balance and give them something other than Judgment. It is well designed and not overpowered at all.

General Comments: Dude...I'll be honest and say I'm severely disappointed. These attacks are dull, monotonous, inane, and to say unoriginal would be an understatement. I'm really sorry if I'm being mean, but it's so frustrating to read this and see that it came from you of all people. I expect much more from you, darthjt.

Not sure how you think they are dull, monotonous, inane, or unoriginal, not sure if anything would make you happy. You have not given any ideas or thoughts to make spells or even make these spells better. You just know that everything sounds boring and dull to you.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Actually, it is not a DoT spell, it is a double hit spell. It shows the connection and opposition to Myth. It is all about power. Also, like an earthquake, nothing remains after the devastation of a Tornado. Hence, the loss of charms and wards.

Stealing mediums, even better! This is Rank 10. There is no need to identify the correlation between Storm and Myth at this point in time, especially not in a way that's so blatant and contradictory. Now, I like the reasoning behind the effect, but not only is it too much combined with the double hit, but removing wards is Myth's medium. As far as I'm concerned, this is a Myth spell.

I lowered the base damage to that of Efreet, an 8 pip spell. This will attack all, and it actually, looks nothing like Power Nova.

What I don't get is why Fire doesn't get a DoT even though that's its medium, but four other schools do. Anyway, I think the damage is fairer now, but still a bit overpowered combined with the effect. In my head, the way you described it sounds very reminiscent to Power Nova. Plus, the whole thing is just too ambiguous. This is Rank 10. The attacks should be epic, and a fireball doesn't sound very epic to me.

Actually, Ice has a good AoE, AoE DoT, and attack spell, now it needs a good attack DoT spell. This actually works well and damage is higher on DoT spells, so this is not far off the mark from Wolly Mammoth.

An Avalanche?

The main problem I have with this is the whole DoT concept. No school needs a DoT, especially not Ice. The second I have is that I still don't think it's time for Ice to break the 1000 mark in base damage. I'd suggest 990 (or 150-840 over 3 rounds), but that's just me. An avalanche would be interesting though. I don't really like the idea of a polar bear because this is Wizard101! Forst Giant, Snow Angel, Woolly Mammoth, Polar Bear? Nah.

Lowered the power a bit. But considering that Skeletal Dragon is 8 pips and these spells are attack all for 10 pips, the damage should be similar if not, a bit more.

Again, not a fan of the DoT, but the damage is more realistic now.

Again, I lowered the power a bit, but how is this boring? Does anything excite you?

Okay, now that we're on the same page, there are a few things to address here. One: not everyone has read the Harry Potter series, myself included. It took me a while to even realize what you were talking about and that was only because I randomly remembered the movie scene and looked it up. That leads to two: you have to pick a different focus. Since it's from Harry Potter it's probably copyrighted, and even if not the chances of KI integrating it into the game are very low. The power is better now, but another DoT?

Again, I lowered the power. It is actually just the name I borrowed. But I am sure anyone that looks up Keres can get an Idea of what this spell will look like and should be.

Still, why would you borrow a name with no clue of its meaning? Why would you make it our job to look it up? Things are never obvious when it comes to creativity because everyone has a different aesthetic and point of view. Also, there's a lot of room for inaccuracy as KI has proven quite a few times.

Actually, this spell is designed to help balance and give them something other than Judgment. It is well designed and not overpowered at all.

I find myself using Ra, Power Nova, Hydra, Chimera, and even Sandstorm way more than I use Judgment. Sorry, it's not well-designed; in my opinion, it's some Frankenstein-esque (in the sense that it brings together the mediums of 3 other schools, not referring to Katzenstein's monster) spell that you saddled with Balance and it lacks any originality whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I just don't like anything about this spell.

Not sure how you think they are dull, monotonous, inane, or unoriginal, not sure if anything would make you happy. You have not given any ideas or thoughts to make spells or even make these spells better. You just know that everything sounds boring and dull to you.

I realize that, and I apologize, but I honestly don't know where to start here. They're dull in the sense that many of them have been done in some way before, or are just plain boring. They're monotonous in the sense that four of these attacks are DoTs and they're all in some way similar. There's too much cohesion. They're inane in the sense that some of them have no reasoning put to them, and whatever reasoning put in doesn't make sense. Lastly, they're unoriginal in the sense that I've read these attacks a thousand times and you even admit to stealing ideas from different sources. Taking notes is fine, but copying original ideas is not. I'm tempted to tell you to go back to the drawing board, but I do see some potential (it's in there...somewhere...) and your ideas are usually good.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Stealing mediums, even better! This is Rank 10. There is no need to identify the correlation between Storm and Myth at this point in time, especially not in a way that's so blatant and contradictory. Now, I like the reasoning behind the effect, but not only is it too much combined with the double hit, but removing wards is Myth's medium. As far as I'm concerned, this is a Myth spell.

so we cant start now? My, we are at the point where we need 5 power pips to attack! Surely we can now!
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

What I don't get is why Fire doesn't get a DoT even though that's its medium, but four other schools do. Anyway, I think the damage is fairer now, but still a bit overpowered combined with the effect. In my head, the way you described it sounds very reminiscent to Power Nova. Plus, the whole thing is just too ambiguous. This is Rank 10. The attacks should be epic, and a fireball doesn't sound very epic to me.

Hmm, maybe we dont get a dot because lets see how many dots fire has.
Fire elf.
Link.
Scald.
Heckhound.
Power Link.
Fire Dragon.
Rain of fire.
7 examples! Not including any mutates.
What about ice?
Ice angel, frost bite. Thats all. only 2. Point made here?

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

An Avalanche?

The main problem I have with this is the whole DoT concept. No school needs a DoT, especially not Ice. The second I have is that I still don't think it's time for Ice to break the 1000 mark in base damage. I'd suggest 990 (or 150-840 over 3 rounds), but that's just me. An avalanche would be interesting though. I don't really like the idea of a polar bear because this is Wizard101! Forst Giant, Snow Angel, Woolly Mammoth, Polar Bear? Nah.

Well, clearly, you have no better ideas!

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

They only have 2 dots. Sure they can have another.

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Okay, now that we're on the same page, there are a few things to address here. One: not everyone has read the Harry Potter series, myself included. It took me a while to even realize what you were talking about and that was only because I randomly remembered the movie scene and looked it up. That leads to two: you have to pick a different focus. Since it's from Harry Potter it's probably copyrighted, and even if not the chances of KI integrating it into the game are very low. The power is better now, but another DoT?

I have watched Harry Potter multiple times, and Womping Willow isnt THAT big of a memory! So what, you saw a scene? Its what, I dont even remember HOW long those movies are! 2-3 hours! K, lets put this into perspective:

Director: Oh! We totally need a copyright, on this tree, so that people cant crash into it or something without our permission!
Director 2: Ya, and so they cant use it at all! Its our dying old tree with a history of a flying car hitting it!
Director: LETS MAKE THE COPYRIGHT

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Still, why would you borrow a name with no clue of its meaning? Why would you make it our job to look it up? Things are never obvious when it comes to creativity because everyone has a different aesthetic and point of view. Also, there's a lot of room for inaccuracy as KI has proven quite a few times.

He knows the meaning, and he is just not stealing it. He just used the NAME.

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I find myself using Ra, Power Nova, Hydra, Chimera, and even Sandstorm way more than I use Judgment. Sorry, it's not well-designed; in my opinion, it's some Frankenstein-esque (in the sense that it brings together the mediums of 3 other schools, not referring to Katzenstein's monster) spell that you saddled with Balance and it lacks any originality whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I just don't like anything about this spell.

And what would you do to make it better?

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I realize that, and I apologize, but I honestly don't know where to start here. They're dull in the sense that many of them have been done in some way before, or are just plain boring. They're monotonous in the sense that four of these attacks are DoTs and they're all in some way similar. There's too much cohesion. They're inane in the sense that some of them have no reasoning put to them, and whatever reasoning put in doesn't make sense. Lastly, they're unoriginal in the sense that I've read these attacks a thousand times and you even admit to stealing ideas from different sources. Taking notes is fine, but copying original ideas is not. I'm tempted to tell you to go back to the drawing board, but I do see some potential (it's in there...somewhere...) and your ideas are usually good.

How in the cloud of the storm lord has a womping willow or a cobra been done before????

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However, Storm has multiple AoE attacks, multiple single attacks. You keep talking new and exciting, which is exactly what this is. It is very different for storm and is exactly what storm needs. Is it a myth spell? A tornado? I know I seen tornados being in storms somewhere, where was that, the news maybe?

Sounds to me, like you want the same ole, same old storm spells, nothing new and nothing exciting.

Fire has Fire Dragon and Rain of Fire, it needs a powerful attack all that is not a DoT for a change. Again, what is it with new spells? My spells give change, something new to the schools, something they want.

As far as the spell not sounding Epic, if you could see the back draft that I have envisioned, you might disagree. Think of it as the Pheonix pet, with it's tail of fire, as being a fire ball, that flys around with it's tail blazing and hitting each enemy. Something close to that, except not a pheonix.

An Avalanche?

DoTs are not fire's sole trademark or belong specifically to Fire. Ice has frostbite, wyvern, and snow angel. It keeps spells balanced, fresh, new, and exciting. Getting the same one hit wonders or attack all spells is what is monotonous and boring.

They are Female Death spirits that prey on the wounded.

Again, goes to keeping spells changing and keeping them fresh. Although, Death does not have an attack all, so I might change it to that instead of being a DoT.

Actually, a few modifications and subtle change in name, easily takes it out of any possible copy right infringements. And yes, a DoT for life. Life has a couple powerful attack spells, a good AoE attack, now it needs a good AoE DoT spell.

This will be A female warrior carrying a spear riding on a pegasus.

Again, I lowered the power.

Things are never obvious when it comes to creativity because everyone has a different aesthetic and point of view. Also, there's a lot of room for inaccuracy as KI has proven quite a few times.

I completely agree, which is why I have made a few changes in the spells and with the descriptions of some of them.

Who is the bringer of balance, who appears and give a great cry.

Well, this spell actually is actually good for balance, whether you like it or not. Everyone has their own opinion, some good, some bad, but you are entitled to it. I however, like this spell.

Some are DoT spells yes, because otherwise the spells would get boring, old, and monotonous. What the only possible spells you get are attack spells or AoE spells? You have to mix it up with the schools, give variety.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I like the animation, but why the double damage, that is what Myth is known for?

Ohh, an attack all spell for fire that is not a DOT, I like it. Is it not a bit weak though for 10 pips?

I like the damage, but a polar bear? Can you not make something a bit more creative?

My problem with this spell, is that it is too much like Skeletal Dragon. Now if it attacked all enemies, that would be better.

Need I explain this one?

Yeah, this is a good spell, now if Death's was like this, it would be perfect.

A double attack all? Myth needs a powerful attack all, not sure about it being a double attack.

The animation sounds kinda lame, sorry. I do like the thought of Balance having a good spell to Use, besides Judgment. Might be a bit underpowered though, for a DOT.

All in all, they are not bad, needs a little work though.

These spells need some work. Since when is ice more powerful than fire? Also, Rain of Fire does around 1,100 damage to all enemies, and this spell will do 900?!?! That is way too underpowered. Plus, smokescreen doesn't help because the accuracy boosts for the gear. How about 1,250 hit to all with a stun? That's much better than 900 with 2 smokescreens.

Now for ice, the ice spell is WAY too strong! Around 1,100 base damage? If it's to 1 enemy, now that's fine. But, the stun, I don't think is needed because if you think about it, unless they shield the player, they're forced to take around 450 damage, without resist or blades. But just imagine in 1v1, they saved pips, then they cast this with all kinds of blades and traps, and it is enchanted. Then, they have an enchanted colossus in their hand, and they get the power pip. They use colossus when you're stunned, and if that doesn't finish you, the overtime will. Maybe take away the stun and it's good if it's to 1 enemy. If it's to 2+ enemies, it's WAY to overpowered.

The storm spell is WAY underpowered. Think about it, 600+600=1,200. That's about Rain of Fire's damage. And it's to 1 enemy. Maybe add 200 to the damage, and it will be good. Or make it muliple enemies. Otherwise I am really fond with this spell. Not overpowered, but underpowered, and I like the animation. Keep the stun too.

The life spell is overpowered, 1,000 life damage to all enemies? Are you kidding me? Maybe lower the damage, and add a trap on all enemies or something. But the spell is way too overpowered. Just take off some damage and add a trap and it's good.

The death spell I like, but since when is death more powerful than fire? This spell does more than fire's spell, and fire does a lot more damage than death. Obviously efreet didn't against skeletal drag because efreet gave a minus 90%. But, this spell also stuns and gives a weakness. Take off some damage. Maybe 167+733 over 3 rounds would be good.

I think the myth spell is overpowered too. Myth does need a high powered spell, but maybe take some damage off, and make it 150+650 because it is to all enemies. Add a blade to yourself also, change the damage to 150+650 over 3 rounds to all, and add a blade. That would be good.

Lower the balance's spell's damage to 200+800. Balance is a strong school, but not as strong as storm and fire. Plus it's too all enemies. This spell is basically the storm's lvl 78 spell. It's too overpowered. Swap the stun for a balance blade. Last, switch the animation, it's too much like Ra and Power Nova. That's what I think about the lvl 78 spells.

Dylan StrongBlood lvl 70 fire. Pvp Captain
Ryan StrongBlood lvl 60 balance. Pvp Veteran
Dylan StrongBlood lvl 60 ice. Pvp Captain
Adam DragonCloud lvl 33 life. Pvp Seargant
David StrongBlood lvl 16 myth. Pvp Corporal
Daniel StrongBlood lvl 2 death. Pvp Knight

Armiger
May 10, 2010
utley66 wrote:

These spells need some work. Since when is ice more powerful than fire? Also, Rain of Fire does around 1,100 damage to all enemies, and this spell will do 900?!?! That is way too underpowered. Plus, smokescreen doesn't help because the accuracy boosts for the gear. How about 1,250 hit to all with a stun? That's much better than 900 with 2 smokescreens.

Ice is a single attack, while fire is getting an AoE, which is an attack all or area of effect. Rain of Fire is also a DoT (Damage over time) so it is supposed to be stronger than straight out attacks. Also, the strength is lowered because of the -90% weakness it leaves on the enemies.

Who ever said anything about 2 smokescreens? not me

Now for ice, the ice spell is WAY too strong! Around 1,100 base damage? If it's to 1 enemy, now that's fine. But, the stun, I don't think is needed because if you think about it, unless they shield the player, they're forced to take around 450 damage, without resist or blades. But just imagine in 1v1, they saved pips, then they cast this with all kinds of blades and traps, and it is enchanted. Then, they have an enchanted colossus in their hand, and they get the power pip. They use colossus when you're stunned, and if that doesn't finish you, the overtime will. Maybe take away the stun and it's good if it's to 1 enemy. If it's to 2+ enemies, it's WAY to overpowered.

Ice's attack is against only 1 opponent. It is also a DoT, which are stronger than singular attack spells. The stun is perfect and I don't think that should be changed in any way.

The storm spell is WAY underpowered. Think about it, 600+600=1,200. That's about Rain of Fire's damage. And it's to 1 enemy. Maybe add 200 to the damage, and it will be good. Or make it muliple enemies. Otherwise I am really fond with this spell. Not overpowered, but underpowered, and I like the animation. Keep the stun too.

Actually, look at Humungofrog spell and then look at Earthquake. One is 4 pips and attacks all and the other is 6 pips and attacks all. Both do relatively the same damage, except earthquake does what tornado will do, remove all shields. Also, Tornado is an Attack all Spell, an Area of Effect or AOE. It is not underpowered or overpowered, in my opinion anyway.

The life spell is overpowered, 1,000 life damage to all enemies? Are you kidding me? Maybe lower the damage, and add a trap on all enemies or something. But the spell is way too overpowered. Just take off some damage and add a trap and it's good.

I do believe that I did lower the power of this attack, but again, you need to realize that Damage over Time spells or DoT for short, are more powerful than natural singular attacks.

The death spell I like, but since when is death more powerful than fire? This spell does more than fire's spell, and fire does a lot more damage than death. Obviously efreet didn't against skeletal drag because efreet gave a minus 90%. But, this spell also stuns and gives a weakness. Take off some damage. Maybe 167+733 over 3 rounds would be good.

Again, Fire's spell is a singular attack, that also leaves a -90% weakness, to where Death's attack is an AoE DoT spell. And I might have even changed it to just be an AoE spell and lowered the damage and given them the plague.

I think the myth spell is overpowered too. Myth does need a high powered spell, but maybe take some damage off, and make it 150+650 because it is to all enemies. Add a blade to yourself also, change the damage to 150+650 over 3 rounds to all, and add a blade. That would be good.

I personally, don't think Myth needs an AoE DoT at this point. Besides it has it's pet for that spell. A good strong AoE would be great for myth and it's damage is quite reasonable, if you ask me.

Lower the balance's spell's damage to 200+800. Balance is a strong school, but not as strong as storm and fire. Plus it's too all enemies. This spell is basically the storm's lvl 78 spell. It's too overpowered. Swap the stun for a balance blade. Last, switch the animation, it's too much like Ra and Power Nova. That's what I think about the lvl 78 spells.

Balance's spell is not an area of effect or AoE, it does not hit all enemies. It is a single attack, like Judgment, except it is a DoT spell. It should be more powerful as DoT spells are.

Dylan StrongBlood lvl 70 fire. Pvp Captain
Ryan StrongBlood lvl 60 balance. Pvp Veteran
Dylan StrongBlood lvl 60 ice. Pvp Captain
Adam DragonCloud lvl 33 life. Pvp Seargant
David StrongBlood lvl 16 myth. Pvp Corporal
Daniel StrongBlood lvl 2 death. Pvp Knight

Thanks for your input, hope I clarified some of this for you and you take a look at my revisions for the spells.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
darthjt wrote:
10 Pips 500+600 storm damage to all enemies & removes all shields and charms.

The reason Tornado will remove all blades and wards, like earthquake, when something this devastating goes through, nothing remains.

Also, the reason for the double hit, A tornado has a funnel.

The more I look at this spell and think about it, the more I like it for storm. It is interesting, to say the least.

10 Pips 940 fire damage to all enemies & leaves -90% weakness on all.

A small flame appears from the ground, it starts to grow and get bigger and bigger into a rolling ball of fire, like a meteor with a fire trail. Then the flame takes flight and moves in a circular pattern with a blaze of fire from it's trail. It strikes each opponent. (I have a really good envision of this spell and it is pretty cool, but so hard to put into words exactly what I see)

Good damage and a good attack all that is not a damage over time spell for fire, I like it. :D

10 Pips 90+990 ice damage over 3 rounds and stuns for one round.

I would still like to hear what your animation for this spell would be, you gave descriptions of the others, but other than that, it's fine.

Female Death spirits with wings fly down on wings and Drain of Life:
10 Pips 880 death damage to all enemies and leaves a Virtulent plague.

Oh, you changed it up yet again, now Keres is a death spell? I like the description, but if the death spirits have wings, why would they fly down on wings? And is this a single attack, because that's weak if it is, but not bad if it is an area of effect.

10 Pips 75+825 Life damage to all enemies over 3 rounds.

Need I explain this one? With some minor name changes and description changes, it can easily get around any possible copyright infringements.

Still love this spell. :D

One or More female warriors carrying spears riding on flying Pegasus fly down and attack, doing:
10 Pips 920 Myth damage to all enemies & stuns all.

Love the revision of this spell, nicely done.

A Warrior that appears and with a great cry does:

Another very interesting change, also well done.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However, Storm has multiple AoE attacks, multiple single attacks. You keep talking new and exciting, which is exactly what this is. It is very different for storm and is exactly what storm needs. Is it a myth spell? A tornado? I know I seen tornados being in storms somewhere, where was that, the news maybe?

Sounds to me, like you want the same ole, same old storm spells, nothing new and nothing exciting.

New and different doesn't need to compromise other schools' mediums. There's so much you can do with Storm's strengths and abilities! You don't need to borrow from Myth. Now when I said this is more of a Myth spell I meant in terms of damage. I like the whole tornado thing; it's the damage that ruins this attack for me.

Fire has Fire Dragon and Rain of Fire, it needs a powerful attack all that is not a DoT for a change. Again, what is it with new spells? My spells give change, something new to the schools, something they want.

As far as the spell not sounding Epic, if you could see the back draft that I have envisioned, you might disagree. Think of it as the Pheonix pet, with it's tail of fire, as being a fire ball, that flys around with it's tail blazing and hitting each enemy. Something close to that, except not a pheonix.

Why? You've established how necessary DoTs are. It's better to have more necessities in stock than filling your arsenal with fluff, right? No, your spells fanservice with complete disregard to the guidelines I feel KI has established. As for the animation, it just comes off as a more dramatic, developed version of Power Nova. Sorry, it just doesn't wow me.

DoTs are not fire's sole trademark or belong specifically to Fire. Ice has frostbite, wyvern, and snow angel. It keeps spells balanced, fresh, new, and exciting. Getting the same one hit wonders or attack all spells is what is monotonous and boring.

I'm sorry, but I don't get how giving four different schools a DoT spell in the same rank is "balanced, fresh, new, and exciting", or how not giving all the school one hit wonders keeps these attacks from being boring or monotonous across the board.

Again, goes to keeping spells changing and keeping them fresh. Although, Death does not have an attack all, so I might change it to that instead of being a DoT.

I'm looking at the spells in the sense that they're all in the same rank. If you look at every other rank, the spells are all quite different from each other not only in focus, but in damage. All you're doing is sacrificing diversity and guidelines for popularity. Anyway, I like the changes you made and you finally looked up what Keres are.

Actually, a few modifications and subtle change in name, easily takes it out of any possible copy right infringements. And yes, a DoT for life. Life has a couple powerful attack spells, a good AoE attack, now it needs a good AoE DoT spell.

I doubt that. Just because you change a name and make something look a little different, it doesn't make it any less obvious that it wasn't an original idea. I think Life is pretty good on attacks, and unlike the other three DoTs you proposed this one isn't necessary in any way, shape, or form. I don't see many Life shields in combat, so I don't get why you're giving Life a DoT in the first place.

I completely agree, which is why I have made a few changes in the spells and with the descriptions of some of them.

Okay; first, you need to be concrete with your ideas. The word 'or' should never come up in a spell description (within reason). Second, Myth attacks are usually influenced by Greek mythology. Valkyrie doesn't really fit here for me.

Well, this spell actually is actually good for balance, whether you like it or not. Everyone has their own opinion, some good, some bad, but you are entitled to it. I however, like this spell.

Whether it's "good" for Balance or not, it doesn't make sense for Balance. Since when does Balance have the ability to cast DoTs? Since when does Balance have the ability to Stun? It's just so outside of what's been established as Balance, and I think this overpowers Balance because of all the abilities Balance already has.

Some are DoT spells yes, because otherwise the spells would get boring, old, and monotonous. What the only possible spells you get are attack spells or AoE spells? You have to mix it up with the schools, give variety.

4/7 is not "some", and straight hits aren't really boring when paired with effects. Every school has a unique method of attack, yet you insist on stressing AoEs. Balance for example: we can use Spiritual and Elemental attacks, but who wants that? Balance needs AoEs! Why not focus on each school's unique abilities instead of tossing mediums out the window and abusing certain schools' abilities?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

New and different doesn't need to compromise other schools' mediums. There's so much you can do with Storm's strengths and abilities! You don't need to borrow from Myth. Now when I said this is more of a Myth spell I meant in terms of damage. I like the whole tornado thing; it's the damage that ruins this attack for me.

I thought myths medium were minions, am I wrong? Myth has 2 attacks that are double hits, minotaur and orthrus. How does 2 spells make it strictly belonging to myth? If it were truly the defining point of myth, I might agree, but I don't really think it is.

Besides, A double hit is exactly what Storm needs, for both PvE and PvP.
Storm has low health and needs powerful attacks and to be able to get around and through shields. Why this spell is perfect for storm.

Now, it can be changed, nothing is definite, these are just ideas for the new spells.

Why? You've established how necessary DoTs are. It's better to have more necessities in stock than filling your arsenal with fluff, right? No, your spells fanservice with complete disregard to the guidelines I feel KI has established. As for the animation, it just comes off as a more dramatic, developed version of Power Nova. Sorry, it just doesn't wow me.

Sorry, but fire has 2 AoE DoT spells now, both Fire Dragon and Rain of Fire. It has singular attack DoT spells and it has Helephant and Efreet for single attacks. Not sure how you think you know what the exact guidelines for KI are, as far as spells are concerned, but I don't see how this falls out of the realm of a Fire attack. It may not wow you, but others might like the spell. We all have different opinions and I do appreciate your feedback.

I'm sorry, but I don't get how giving four different schools a DoT spell in the same rank is "balanced, fresh, new, and exciting", or how not giving all the school one hit wonders keeps these attacks from being boring or monotonous across the board.

Actually, Ice is getting a DoT, Life is getting a DoT, and Balance is getting a DoT. Not 4 different schools. This might change, it might not.

I'm looking at the spells in the sense that they're all in the same rank. If you look at every other rank, the spells are all quite different from each other not only in focus, but in damage. All you're doing is sacrificing diversity and guidelines for popularity. Anyway, I like the changes you made and you finally looked up what Keres are.

I do agree with you here, the spells in the same rank are usually quite different from eachother. Meteor/Blizzard, Frost Giant/Storm Lord.
I do think there has to be some diversity between the spells and you could be right, maybe a bit should be changed, I will have to give it more thought, but these are ideas for KI to considered, not set in stone.

I doubt that. Just because you change a name and make something look a little different, it doesn't make it any less obvious that it wasn't an original idea. I think Life is pretty good on attacks, and unlike the other three DoTs you proposed this one isn't necessary in any way, shape, or form. I don't see many Life shields in combat, so I don't get why you're giving Life a DoT in the first place.

Actually, if that were true, we would not be playing Wizard101 right now. If you think about it.

As far as the spell being DoT, you are correct, it may not actually be needed, since in PvE, life shields are hardly ever used.

However, we have to consider all aspects of this game, including PvP.

Okay; first, you need to be concrete with your ideas. The word 'or' should never come up in a spell description (within reason). Second, Myth attacks are usually influenced by Greek mythology. Valkyrie doesn't really fit here for me.

Actually, KI has the final say on what is input into the game. I can only offer ideas. Secondly, I got this Valkyrie and it's description from Greek Mythology. Maybe you should do a little studying, cause I found it when I was looking for an actual picture of Keres.

Whether it's "good" for Balance or not, it doesn't make sense for Balance. Since when does Balance have the ability to cast DoTs? Since when does Balance have the ability to Stun? It's just so outside of what's been established as Balance, and I think this overpowers Balance because of all the abilities Balance already has.

Woah, now you are seriously confusing me... I mean seriously... Is Balance not a combination of all schools? Are they not part elemental schools and part spiritual schools? How can Balance be confined at all?

4/7 is not "some", and straight hits aren't really boring when paired with effects. Every school has a unique method of attack, yet you insist on stressing AoEs. Balance for example: we can use Spiritual and Elemental attacks, but who wants that? Balance needs AoEs! Why not focus on each school's unique abilities instead of tossing mediums out the window and abusing certain schools' abilities?

Balance needs AoEs? Balance has Sand Storm, Power Nova, and Ra already, how many more do you need? Or do you mean an AoE that uses either it's spiritual or elemental sides of attacks? In my opinion, Balance needs a good strong Balance attack that does not use every pip Balance has. But that is just my opinion. Still, I do thank you for your insight and thoughts. Maybe on some things we will just never see eye to eye.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I thought myths medium were minions, am I wrong? Myth has 2 attacks that are double hits, minotaur and orthrus. How does 2 spells make it strictly belonging to myth? If it were truly the defining point of myth, I might agree, but I don't really think it is.

Besides, A double hit is exactly what Storm needs, for both PvE and PvP. Storm has low health and needs powerful attacks and to be able to get around and through shields. Why this spell is perfect for storm.

Now, it can be changed, nothing is definite, these are just ideas for the new spells.

Yes, Myth is the master of monsters and because of that has many minions at its disposal and many spells regarding minions, but every school has at least one minion and one spell regarding minions. Double hitting is the only unique ability Myth has, and it's not exactly a medium in itself; it's in relation to Myth's medium of bypassing wards. This is the reason I honestly am not too bothered by Basilisk. I feel that Storm really doesn't need a double hit because the school itself is so powerful it renders shields useless. As for PvP, I'm sure there are other ways to get around shields rather than simply adding one double hit spell. Is that really going to solve this problem?

By the way, I know these ideas are still in production. Mine are still in production, and as far as I'm concerned I'll stop editing them when KI picks them up or KI decides the game won't progress any farther at some point.

Sorry, but fire has 2 AoE DoT spells now, both Fire Dragon and Rain of Fire. It has singular attack DoT spells and it has Helephant and Efreet for single attacks. Not sure how you think you know what the exact guidelines for KI are, as far as spells are concerned, but I don't see how this falls out of the realm of a Fire attack. It may not wow you, but others might like the spell. We all have different opinions and I do appreciate your feedback.

Oh, it doesn't. I like the spell in terms of damage, especially the -90% damage to all targets. I was just thinking in relation to the other 3 (not 4, sorry) in my opinion, misplaced DoTs, but I can let it go. I still can't get past the focus, but I guess I can agree to disagree. I'm glad everything I'm saying isn't going in one ear and out the other though.

Actually, Ice is getting a DoT, Life is getting a DoT, and Balance is getting a DoT. Not 4 different schools. This might change, it might not.

Excuse me, 3 different schools. I guess since there's precedent with Ice...I can let it go, besides it's Balance and Life I'm more concerned about.

I do agree with you here, the spells in the same rank are usually quite different from eachother. Meteor/Blizzard, Frost Giant/Storm Lord.

I do think there has to be some diversity between the spells and you could be right, maybe a bit should be changed, I will have to give it more thought, but these are ideas for KI to considered, not set in stone.

Take all the time you need. Chances are you have another 5-6 months depending on how much effort KI actually puts into the Rank 10 spells.

Actually, if that were true, we would not be playing Wizard101 right now. If you think about it.

As far as the spell being DoT, you are correct, it may not actually be needed, since in PvE, life shields are hardly ever used.

How do you figure that? And again, how will one DoT fix this shielding dilemma? Why add this DoT when Life attacks have the advantage of healing?

Actually, KI has the final say on what is input into the game. I can only offer ideas. Secondly, I got this Valkyrie and it's description from Greek Mythology. Maybe you should do a little studying, cause I found it when I was looking for an actual picture of Keres.

I used Valkyrie for my Rank 10 Death spell idea, and I didn't find anything relating it to other than Norse mythology. Maybe under a different name? Also, why have this spell and Keres? Two spells regarding female mythological creatures? I know I'm nitpicking, but it bothers me ever so slightly.

Woah, now you are seriously confusing me... I mean seriously... Is Balance not a combination of all schools? Are they not part elemental schools and part spiritual schools? How can Balance be confined at all?

True, but not in the sense that it justifies this spell, in my opinion. Also, you have to look at what we're capable of: powerful AoE's, effective HoTs, a per pip spell that is the envy of every other school in the Spiral, Elemental attacks, Spiritual attacks, the power to summon an Elemental minion, boost our power pip chance, and even donate pips. You want to add a powerful DoT that stuns to our arsenal? That'd be cool, but I think that's a bit much for us. It really takes us over the edge.

Balance needs AoEs? Balance has Sand Storm, Power Nova, and Ra already, how many more do you need? Or do you mean an AoE that uses either it's spiritual or elemental sides of attacks? In my opinion, Balance needs a good strong Balance attack that does not use every pip Balance has. But that is just my opinion. Still, I do thank you for your insight and thoughts. Maybe on some things we will just never see eye to eye.

Sorry; that was my failed attempt at sarcasm. I meant DoT. We really don't need one or should have one, but that's just my opinion. But anyway, I'm happy you took my insight into account and I do realize there are some things we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@ AkihiroHattori5,

I read your spell ideas and posted on them. Some are quite good, some need minor tweaks, and some need complete makeovers. All-in-all, not bad though. If KI took some of your ideas and some of my ideas, we could all be in for a real treat on the next spell release.

I have thought about what you said though, about how most of the time, spells are quite different from eachother.

Besides the couple, Frost Giant/Storm Lord, actually, everything after rank 7 spells. Before rank 8, there was not much difference in the spells.

I still like my tornado Idea, with a single damage hit, or the double hit, I would still prefer the double hit, but I do like it. I like your idea as well, but as a single hit, not an AoE.

I like your fire spell, maybe we could use your name and animation and my damage? I just can't see fire needing another DoT AoE spell, a good AoE would be very nice for fire. Even if we cut the damage reduction down to
-40%, it would be a great spell.

Ice, I actually like both of our ideas. I do like the steal ward idea, but that is if it works before the spell and not after the spell. Just something to think about. Love your spell and animation though. A wolf would be cooler than a polar bear, or a penguin. I just don't see another single attack being needed. Ice just got Wolly Mammoth, so, something should change, either the spell should be an AoE or a DoT. Why I chose the DoT.

Life, I like the name of your spell, just not the spell itself. I see nothing wrong with Life getting an AoE DoT spell. No, it might not be needed, but we don't know what future worlds might have in store. Tons more shields, who knows. This is definitely a topic of debate.

Death, I like both our spells. I like the AoE spell and I like Death having a singular strong attack that is not a drain spell. I think we both have death down, either spell would be good.

Myth, I do like your myth spell, a lot. It is probably the best idea you had. I like the animation, the damage needs a slight increase though, but other than that, you are golden. I also like my idea, if either is incorperated, myth will gain a very good and powerful spell.

Balance, I really like my idea. I am not sure why you don't exactly. I guess that is possibly 1 too many DoTs for your taste. However, I just cant see needing a new Hydra spell that looks like a chimera. Or a 3 headed Orthrus.
Not really sure what we could do to compromise or come up with a spell that we both like. We might just keep disagreeing on what would be a good balance spell.

I do appreciate your feedback and look forward to discussing spells with you further. Not sure why your one post was deleted, was kinda surprised to see it gone after I read it. I did not see much wrong with it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Besides, A double hit is exactly what Storm needs, for both PvE and PvP. Storm has low health and needs powerful attacks and to be able to get around and through shields. Why this spell is perfect for storm.

Yes, Myth is the master of monsters and because of that has many minions at its disposal and many spells regarding minions, but every school has at least one minion and one spell regarding minions. Double hitting is the only unique ability Myth has, and it's not exactly a medium in itself; it's in relation to Myth's medium of bypassing wards. This is the reason I honestly am not too bothered by Basilisk. I feel that Storm really doesn't need a double hit because the school itself is so powerful it renders shields useless. As for PvP, I'm sure there are other ways to get around shields rather than simply adding one double hit spell. Is that really going to solve this problem?

Actually, not much will solve the problem, no matter what, people find things to complain about. Either a spell is too powerful, has too many effects, or should attack all. Nobody is ever completely happy with the new spells that are released. I did change this spell yet again though. I don't feel that a double hit is entirely Myth. I also think that if storm were to get a spell like earthquake, being tornado, it should be a rank 6 spell. But that is for another update. So maybe Tornado needs to be held off on and use your idea for the Manta, although I still see that spell as a singular attack and not an attack all spell.

By the way, I know these ideas are still in production. Mine are still in production, and as far as I'm concerned I'll stop editing them when KI picks them up or KI decides the game won't progress any farther at some point.

I quite agree, which is why I like bouncing off ideas and discussing them. Be it positive or negative feedback it is greatly appreciated.

Oh, it doesn't. I like the spell in terms of damage, especially the -90% damage to all targets. I was just thinking in relation to the other 3 (not 4, sorry) in my opinion, misplaced DoTs, but I can let it go. I still can't get past the focus, but I guess I can agree to disagree. I'm glad everything I'm saying isn't going in one ear and out the other though.

Believe it or not, I actually do read the posts, take into consideration on what is said and reply. I am not set in stone on my ideas, which is why I post them and ask for feedback. I like to debate things, no doubt about that and not all opinions are the same, but I am keeping an open mind and wanting to make these next spells as good as possible.

Excuse me, 3 different schools. I guess since there's precedent with Ice...I can let it go, besides it's Balance and Life I'm more concerned about.

I can see Ice getting a DoT too, and I really do think Balance could use one. Life doesn't really need the DoT, however, it has been requested alot. I do read the posts and listen to what people have to say. So, this spell is for them, but I don't mind it so much being a DoT, gives time to attack and then heal, which is actually a nice thought for life.

Take all the time you need. Chances are you have another 5-6 months depending on how much effort KI actually puts into the Rank 10 spells.

Yeah, we do have plenty of time to get the spells adjusted. Hopefully KI does use some of our ideas, because together, we have some great ideas, in my opinion anyway.

How do you figure that? And again, how will one DoT fix this shielding dilemma? Why add this DoT when Life attacks have the advantage of healing?

This game has a great correlation to Harry Potter, I am sure you have seen that. Sure, names have changed, but there are a lot of similarities.

Again, I am not saying life exactly needs a DoT, but it is fan requested. I covered this just a moment ago, so I wont repeat myself.

I used Valkyrie for my Rank 10 Death spell idea, and I didn't find anything relating it to other than Norse mythology. Maybe under a different name? Also, why have this spell and Keres? Two spells regarding female mythological creatures? I know I'm nitpicking, but it bothers me ever so slightly.

I actually like the spells, I did change the animations a bit. I liked your animation for Valkyrie. But Keres fit's Death better imo. Not sure why it bothers you ever so slightly, but as cool as these spells are, it's so much better than the spells we have been getting, so why let it bother you?

True, but not in the sense that it justifies this spell, in my opinion. Also, you have to look at what we're capable of: powerful AoE's, effective HoTs, a per pip spell that is the envy of every other school in the Spiral, Elemental attacks, Spiritual attacks, the power to summon an Elemental minion, boost our power pip chance, and even donate pips. You want to add a powerful DoT that stuns to our arsenal? That'd be cool, but I think that's a bit much for us. It really takes us over the edge.

Well, some say Balance is weak, some say balance is overpowered. Balance has not had a balance only attack since it's rank 4 sandstorm, although now there is a rank 5 Samoori spell. I just think this fits so well with balance and does give an Edge to Balance that is needed.

Sorry; that was my failed attempt at sarcasm. I meant DoT. We really don't need one or should have one, but that's just my opinion. But anyway, I'm happy you took my insight into account and I do realize there are some things we'll have to agree to disagree on.

Yes, on some things we will have to agree to disagree, but that does not ever mean we have to stop the debate or feedback. I am trying to make these spells as good as possible and do appreciate any insights you or anyone else makes.