Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Role Players?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2012

For those of you who are not familiar Role Pay is were you Play as if you were your character, I was just wondering if there was any Role Play in wizards 101 because I've found it to be fun in other similar games.

So if anyone has any information on the subject please let me know thanks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Blixtrix92 wrote:

For those of you who are not familiar Role Pay is were you Play as if you were your character, I was just wondering if there was any Role Play in wizards 101 because I've found it to be fun in other similar games.

Honestly? The filtered chat would make it too complicated to role-play in this game, not to mention if you are an adult you have to watch what kind of role-play you would play out. So in all honesty role-play likely would not be all that good in this type of game. In filtered chat you would find even some appropriate words completely filtered out like it was a bad word. So people would have a hard time finding words to replace the ones you can't say.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
There is very little role play. If you mean D&D type role play that is. In this game the only roles anybody has is damage, healer or tank for the most part.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Greetings,

Ahhh yes. Welcome, my Friend.

I am Wizard Master Jason Frogcoin, an avid pyromancer.

I hope your stay will be enjoyable.

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
AKA : Jason Frogcoin
Official Board Devil

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i know what role playing is but i dont know if thats what you would call talking to npc's who's text is always the same on the same quest. you can talk to other real life players all you want and have them respond in a real life situation but not npc's like D&D.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Blixtrix92 wrote:

Can you elaborate on that a bit more?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I'm interested in role play/costume play, actually.

Ever since I made a 100% accurate video game character costume for my son, I've been fascinated by making wizard outfits. I'm so excited, I even got a sewing machine (thanks, mom!) so that I can try my hand at a Theurgist's outfit, hat, robe, and boots! I'm even going to make a wand or two.

Of course, all this is on hold until I figure out how to run the dang sewing machine :)

Happy role-playing,

Qbb/Iridian Shaowweaver, Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Greetings,

SEAN638 wrote:
There is very little role play. If you mean D&D type role play that is. In this game the only roles anybody has is damage, healer or tank for the most part.

See you in the spiral!

Role playing is like a smile, it is contageous and can be found just about anywhere.

People will often jump in after you give them a demonstration.

The power of this activity, as a user, is you define what this game is.

Just try to put yourself in the place of your wizard, and act just as he would (witch is not always how you would act).

Role playing is for creative people. :-)

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Role Playing Devil

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
queenlybluebean wrote:

Ever since I made a 100% accurate video game character costume for my son, I've been fascinated by making wizard outfits. I'm so excited, I even got a sewing machine (thanks, mom!) so that I can try my hand at a Theurgist's outfit, hat, robe, and boots! I'm even going to make a wand or two.

Of course, all this is on hold until I figure out how to run the dang sewing machine :-)

Happy role-playing,

Wow, that is insanely awesome! When you do get into your wizard101 outfit, and you are not shy, you should make a picture of it and post it!

Maybe an entirely new thread can be made named "Wizard101 Cosplay"? The idea is really neat.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
people make roleplay characters with other users, i think its truly embarassing :-P

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Darkmotion wrote:
Greetings,

SEAN638 wrote:

See you in the spiral!

Role playing is like a smile, it is contageous and can be found just about anywhere.

People will often jump in after you give them a demonstration.

The power of this activity, as a user, is you define what this game is.

Just try to put yourself in the place of your wizard, and act just as he would (witch is not always how you would act).

Role playing is for creative people. :-)

Have Fun ! (tm)

Darkmotion
Role Playing Devil

Then in that case I guess you could say there is some role play

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

Happy role-playing,

Wow, that is insanely awesome! When you do get into your wizard101 outfit, and you are not shy, you should make a picture of it and post it!

Maybe an entirely new thread can be made named "Wizard101 Cosplay"? The idea is really neat.

@ shiningfantasia,

Thanks! I did post a cosplay message a while back, but it wasn't very active.

Here's the link (which has weird html symbols in the post, so it's unreadable):

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/44653.ftl#249314

Here's the full text of my earlier message (which is readable):

"(I wanted to put this in the crafting forum, LOLZ)

I've recently gotten interested in sewing costumes, and am considering making a Theurgist's robe to match a tam-style hat a friend made for me. It is a beautiful, ivy green tam with leaf-pattern embroidery accented with seed pearls and a peacock feather. I want a robe to match it :-)

I'm wondering if anyone else has sewn such outfits, and might have some advice for me. It would be great to discover existing patterns for robes :-)

Professor Greyrose, Is it possible to get access to a pattern for the elegant outfit or Prince's Adaptive Robe with Theurgy symbols? Even a really good jpeg that I could use to copy the symbol designs would be helpful.

Er, I guess I should ask: Is there a copyright problem with my costume project? I am not aware that cosplay involves copyright infringement, so please inform me if I am incorrect.

Happy Winter Solstice Eve,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver"

I will probably be taking my oldest son to video game conventions and re-enactment groups, so cosplay is definitely in my future. I might as well join in the fun

And yes, I will take pics and share them.

Warmest regards,

Queenlybluebean