Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Firearms. (Yes, That Means Guns.)

AuthorMessage
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I say that less the guns shoot Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no blood comes, no wound the magic simply affects the other magic then lets Hephestus make the guns for all I care, although Never and I mean Never!!!!! would Giving me a gun be good, maybe we could have a gun that is a soul pistol for a hundred thousand crowns? that is all i got and it is crowns Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peoples, but hey guns are guns a soul pistion wounds the soul not the body, not a bad idea eh? anyway no guns from anything but crowns shop 100,000 crowns per pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(added later after i read comments after mine) Aura shooting gun? Well any gun should be for Ages 20 and over I don't care. Expensive gun , for Ages 20 and Over
That is the Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to get a gun.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
A aura gun? the only thing i can think of since i play CoD is a ray gun.

I don't/didn't really play CoD, so I don't know all of their guns. But yeah, a gun shooting some magical aura would make it fantasized.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I really think this is a bad idea. Crossbows would probably be fine but no guns. Do you know that 6-year-olds play this? This is also suposed to be a family game with no guns. The horse mount would be great but I stand my case that guns are a very bad idea. We're wizards, not gunslingers.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
I almost agree with you, but I can't. Awhile ago I posted the idea for a western world and a western pistol was going to be one of the wands. Well that's what I had thought but I soon realized that it not only didn't make sense in a game based on magic but Wizard101 is a family game where there isn't that sort of real life violence. It would pretty much be getting little little kids to think oh I don't like that person - shoots - THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING PEOPLE O_O.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
rest wrote:
I say that less the guns shoot Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no blood comes, no wound the magic simply affects the other magic then lets Hephestus make the guns for all I care, although Never and I mean Never!!!!! would Giving me a gun be good, maybe we could have a gun that is a soul pistol for a hundred thousand crowns? that is all i got and it is crowns Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peoples, but hey guns are guns a soul pistion wounds the soul not the body, not a bad idea eh? anyway no guns from anything but crowns shop 100,000 crowns per pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(added later after i read comments after mine) Aura shooting gun? Well any gun should be for Ages 20 and over I don't care. Expensive gun , for Ages 20 and Over
That is the Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to get a gun.
Wouldn't hurting the Body be hurting the Soul was well? Or destroying it, depending on the wound? There isn't a grey area in this one, unfortunately.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
now its my turn to post. i didnt read it all, but enough to understand and (maybe) catch up. just no guns. the reason the violence is acceptable, but no guns is that guns are known to be violent, and to the guy at post 2-3: i know how brutal swords can be, but the wizards dont actually hit them. they swing it and hit the enemy with a shockwave. if i worked in KI and saw guns added, i would turn them to bananas. as mentioned before, this is a family game and adding guns would make this game crash and they might have to close the game. the worst thing that would happen to a player or monster would be disintegrating. scorching people and crushing with hammer does sound violent but is acceptable

if thats too much to read, ill say JUST LEAVE THIS ALONE!!! i dont even get why the mod accepted the starting post

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
bionaknight wrote:
rest wrote:
I say that less the guns shoot Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no blood comes, no wound the magic simply affects the other magic then let Hephestus make the guns for all I care, although Never and I mean Never!!!!! would Giving me a gun be good, maybe we could have a gun that is a soul pistol for a hundred thousand crowns? that is all i got and it is crowns Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peoples, but hey guns are guns a soul pistion wounds the soul not the body, not a bad idea eh? anyway no guns from anything but crowns shop 100,000 crowns per pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't hurting the Body be hurting the Soul was well? Or destroying it, depending on the wound? There isn't a grey area in this one, unfortunately.

Good arguement. However, I am talking about (i guess you could call it) the heart of the soul. AKA the spirit. I mean wounding the spirit, or capturing the spirit. Depends on if the gun instantly kills or not. Let me show you what i mean by describing the guns:

Soul Pistol- Hurts the spirit and body
Spirit capture Sniper- A sniper that fires a spirit capturing bullet.
Magic hunting Musket- A gun that fires pure magic at the symbol.

Anyway if they are used they would be in spell such as:

War- An old british solder from NY comes and firest a Mgic hunting Musket at the creature. 400 dammage
Hex(in Gods of Manhattin)- Takes his Spirit capture Sniper and fires it at your left arm.10,000dammage
Apophis- The snake of evil(egyptian) comes forth and holds a soul pistol in his tail then firest it at your right leg.1,000

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
rest wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
rest wrote:
I say that less the guns shoot Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no blood comes, no wound the magic simply affects the other magic then let Hephestus make the guns for all I care, although Never and I mean Never!!!!! would Giving me a gun be good, maybe we could have a gun that is a soul pistol for a hundred thousand crowns? that is all i got and it is crowns Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peoples, but hey guns are guns a soul pistion wounds the soul not the body, not a bad idea eh? anyway no guns from anything but crowns shop 100,000 crowns per pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good arguement. However, I am talking about (i guess you could call it) the heart of the soul. AKA the spirit. I mean wounding the spirit, or capturing the spirit. Depends on if the gun instantly kills or not. Let me show you what i mean by describing the guns:

Soul Pistol- Hurts the spirit and body
Spirit capture Sniper- A sniper that fires a spirit capturing bullet.
Magic hunting Musket- A gun that fires pure magic at the symbol.

Anyway if they are used they would be in spell such as:

War- An old british solder from NY comes and firest a Mgic hunting Musket at the creature. 400 dammage
Hex(in Gods of Manhattin)- Takes his Spirit capture Sniper and fires it at your left arm.10,000dammage
Apophis- The snake of evil(egyptian) comes forth and holds a soul pistol in his tail then firest it at your right leg.1,000
First of all, Sniper Rifles aren;t remotely magic. Sorry. It's just true. Neither are pistols, muskets, or flintlocks. In no way are they magical. Also, the second spell you listed seems too overpowered, as it could one hit kill an Ice, let alone Fire, Storm, Death, etc. And, the Heart of the Soul being wounded could technically be harm to the person itself. When you think about it, we are the actual spirit, not a body.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
gatorjaw wrote:
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested before, but I haven't seen any. Things people suggest, like shields and gauntlets, would have to completely redesign the game. These would be something like the two-handed weapons. Script a few animations (Yes, I get that's pretty hard,) and then you're just making filler weapons. Maybe if we get a world like somewhere from the Renaissance, all the way to the Old West, (which I would absolutely LOVE, KI!) could implement it as some firearms fitting with lore. I've got a few ideas, too.
Blunderbuss of Blaze: Does some sort of 0-pip, weak fire spell like the wands do.
Flintlock of Frost: Same, with Ice.
Arquebus or Arcing: Storm.
Crossbow of Creation: Myth.
This could also add some kind of new $30-40 pack. Imagine: holding a repeater in your hand while wearing gunslinger garb riding some new horse mount. I can't ramble any longer; it's late and I've had a long day. Anybody want to share their (positive) opinions?

I've only read one or two replies, but I have to disagree with them, while still disagreeing with you. I was playing many first person shooters when I was younger, now I hate them. So Redo this suggestion as an alternative realm Idea for the gun people. That would make both sides happy, and also, If you do redo this suggestion as an alternative realm suggestion, include in it that you have to prove you're mature enough to handle guns in a game.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom

yes! Best comment ever

Survivor
May 21, 2011
gatorjaw wrote:
I'm still seeing arguments about technology. I only read one person who had any problem with Marleybone. Marleybone, having electricity, would have to be sometime in the late 19-Century. Guns were invented four hundred years before that. I've also seen people saying anything involving guns would turn this into something like a shooter. When did I say "Make this a shooter"? Well? If you can't answer that, that argument makes no sense. The only argument I've seen that remotely makes any sense is that Wizards wouldn't use guns. But Wizards wouldn't use swords. Wizards wouldn't use big claymores. Wizards wouldn't use hammers. Wizards wouldn't ride giant sharks. And you know what else? There are already guns in Wizard101. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the zebra (I forget his name) having a rifle. I haven't seen ANYONE complaining about that. What makes this so different? You people aren't making any sense.
Sir Reginald Baxby, first of all, is being mistaken for some creature in Zafaria. I have seen him in many worlds. He does hold a gun. Have we ever seen him use it? No. He does wear the title of big game hunter. SO? He is hunting animals first of all. We aren't complaining about him because we have never seen him use the gun. Last time I checked, hunters usually hunt for food, not for evil. I would also like to say your idea is a good one! I just don't think it would be correct in this game. I would also like to adress the idea of another poster who said there are squirt guns in Toontown. That isn't really bad, most kids have squirt guns. However, this isn't toontown. This is Wizard101. Squirt guns don't really relate to a magical fantasy game.
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 54 Fire

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bcu50 wrote:
I would also like to adress the idea of another poster who said there are squirt guns in Toontown. That isn't really bad, most kids have squirt guns. However, this isn't toontown. This is Wizard101. Squirt guns don't really relate to a magical fantasy game.

...and neither do band/rocker T-Shirts from Crab Alley, but they added that to Wizard101.

I'm not saying they should add squirt guns to Wizard101, but there are plenty of things already in Wizard101 that are not of a magical fantasy nature.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
xDDDDD, this is one of the worse ideas ever. I am laughing hard, guns will make i don't know, it will make me quit and maybe 1000+ people. I do know KI will NEVER do this. Wizards have magic. We do not need guns. I hope this thread will close someday.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bcu50 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom

yes! Best comment ever

agreed!!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I don't want guns in Wizard101. I purposely never play any game with guns in them. Its a bad idea to give kids guns even in games, and this is supposed to be a family game.

... We kinda already give bow's and arrows to wizards in game... That being the predecessor of a gun.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Isn't time close this thread?

Is a kids game, bringing this kind of subject shouldn't be allow...

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
tdel333 wrote:
I want guns really bad in w101.
Look at the words: Wizard with a Gun. How does this make sense? That's right, it doesn't. Guns are not family friendly, not magical, and not going to be in this game.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I get your opinion but this is a FAMILY game. It would lose lots of players because parents don't want their kid playing a game with violent looking objects or violence. Plus, studies show that kids who grow up playing violent/firearm games have a higher risk of hurting someone when their older. So please no firearms.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
What they said. I love this game--for both myself and my son--precisely because it does not include things like firearms. Like Queenly, I would quit playing if it became just another shooter game. I respect your input, but strongly disagree that this is the direction the game should take.

Tabitha

You know how much harm guns do? I am not an adult but mature enough to know that guns on a game that a growing/maturing kid plays is an extremely bad influence. They may grow up to start shooting people because thats what was on their ' fun ' game so in their mind: " Oh we got to shoot people on this really fun game so I think shooting people is the right thing to do and is fun! Uh, NO! While a kid is growing and maturing things that they see influences them because thats when kids learn stuff. As a kid you LEARN what you see everyday and begin to think it's right. (and it isn't always) Plus guns aren't even magical! This is a fantasy based game. If you want guns go play a gun based mature game. YOU HAVE A REALLY BAD IDEA!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
AOHannahMontana wrote:
tabby714 wrote:
What they said. I love this game--for both myself and my son--precisely because it does not include things like firearms. Like Queenly, I would quit playing if it became just another shooter game. I respect your input, but strongly disagree that this is the direction the game should take.

Tabitha

You know how much harm guns do? I am not an adult but mature enough to know that guns on a game that a growing/maturing kid plays is an extremely bad influence. They may grow up to start shooting people because thats what was on their ' fun ' game so in their mind: " Oh we got to shoot people on this really fun game so I think shooting people is the right thing to do and is fun! Uh, NO! While a kid is growing and maturing things that they see influences them because thats when kids learn stuff. As a kid you LEARN what you see everyday and begin to think it's right. (and it isn't always) Plus guns aren't even magical! This is a fantasy based game. If you want guns go play a gun based mature game. YOU HAVE A REALLY BAD IDEA!
Think you quoted the wrong person. Tabby actually is with you, as am I.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Posters, you anger me.

Please don't shoot us.

haha :)

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
gatorjaw wrote:
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested before, but I haven't seen any. Things people suggest, like shields and gauntlets, would have to completely redesign the game. These would be something like the two-handed weapons. Script a few animations (Yes, I get that's pretty hard,) and then you're just making filler weapons. Maybe if we get a world like somewhere from the Renaissance, all the way to the Old West, (which I would absolutely LOVE, KI!) could implement it as some firearms fitting with lore. I've got a few ideas, too.
Blunderbuss of Blaze: Does some sort of 0-pip, weak fire spell like the wands do.
Flintlock of Frost: Same, with Ice.
Arquebus or Arcing: Storm.
Crossbow of Creation: Myth.
This could also add some kind of new $30-40 pack. Imagine: holding a repeater in your hand while wearing gunslinger garb riding some new horse mount. I can't ramble any longer; it's late and I've had a long day. Anybody want to share their (positive) opinions?

A GUN!!! did you remeber this is for evrevone I am 10 yers old.
I do'nt want guns I want more WANDS!!!
And if they do make the wepions... WHARE IS A DEATH WIPION!!!
I am probly wont get the wepions at all.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
no, just no it would take the magic out of the game. And those of you were saying swords are not magic, do we have swords in real life that we use
to battle magical dark forces? yes we do have shops in real life, do we have
shops that sell us magic clothes that give us powers? yes we have houses in real
life but do we have magical houses with arenas? guns take the magic out of the game.

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This idea would ruin ki!Kingsisle would be ruined because this is suppose to be a family all age friendly gaame.GUNS! SERIOUSLY!!!!!how about we had *random really bad things that i shouldnt say*! Horrid idea.Practicly the same as hacking kingsisle,Both would ruin them.

From,Corwin trollleaf,Grandmaster life wizard (dont let your mom pick your username btw )