Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Firearms. (Yes, That Means Guns.)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Reply: Feel free to say that to a family who has a lost a beloved member to a firearm.
Your response is based on nothing but emotion against guns. You and others of your ilk,would disdain the facts about them. A gun is simply a needed tool in today's world,and unjustifiable prejudice by you and a few others should never entered the comments here.But respond you did,and with malice. I choose to defend the innocent posters remarks,and that seems to irritate you further. I cannot persuade you with facts or logic,but I will defend against the many weak,and baseless claims that are being thrown. You are entitled to your beliefs though,no matter how weak and full of prejudice they are.The true irony of the situation is you are afforded the luxury of your prejudice due to the fact that somewhere an unsung hero with a gun,fought and died to protect it.

Reply: So, shooting ammunition from a gun at someone is no longer shooter games? Wow, guess Call of Duty needs an E rating.
Another terribly weak response,with an injection of sarcasm. I suggest you go and research what makes and or changes a games ratings. The simple addition of a gun <wand> would not change anything.

Reply: Medicine? Geology? Geography? No offense, but this is ridiculous. How could a weapon of death aid exploration and healing?
Google is your friend. Why not research subjects you have no knowledge in rather than just blind guessing, and posting the results for all to see?

Reply: The poster means REAL guns, not toy guns. And the fact that a gun was in a slapstick cartoon is irrelevant.
Irrelevant? According to several replies, it has been suggested that guns are bad and anti-family no matter what. And if the poster and your beef is only with "real" guns,then why respond in the first place?

Reply: Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe we should see if the other 25 people who agree with QBB want to keep the thread going.
It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. The truth is never based on popularity,though some today would seek to change that.

Reply: Thank you, but we already have that.
Another attempt at sarcasm? My reply was sincere,but its obvious from your responses that sincerity is lacking. But i stand by my original reply,and i wish you and others the same health of body,and clarity of mind.

Bionaknight

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Gatorjaw mind asking me what are you going to do with the gun if they ever brought into the game?.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
I honestly support your idea. yeah you can't make it to realistic but at the same tome to is cool to maybe walk around with a small pistol in your hand. if you can see go and throw axes swords hit them with axes and swards this is a great idea. don't show people bleeding or something but this seems cool. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
queenlybluebean wrote:
@Gatorjaw,

It hardly matters how long guns have been around, unless you would like to talk about how much harm has been done in the 600 years since the Chinese invented gunpowder.

Logic: Guns are not magic. Wizards use magic, ergo, we don't use guns.

It is clear that our wizard community does not wish for guns in our game. Getting angry because we as a community disagree with you does nothing constructive to support your argument.

There are too few safe havens in cyberspace as it is, why ruin it?

It seems you do not understand why we choose this game over other, more violent and graphically real, games that we might play online. Sorry that you have taken our group disapproval so hard, but you might try seeing the topic from another point-of-view. Those of us who don't want to expose ourselves and our children to guns DO have a say in the matter.

Keep your guns IRL if you must, but keep them out of the Great Spiral. Fortunately, the NRA does not have a chapter in the Spiral.

Regards,

Qbb Who does not support casual exposure to guns and gun-inspired violence in this wonderful family game.

can you read!!!
he said nothing is magic and that is completely true. if they can show swords than they can show guns. eventualy they will have a better weapon and people will think guns as nothing serious including you!!!!
gatorjaw i am sorry for all the people who disagree with you.
they could not show people bleeding gruesomely but at least something throwing swords or axes at people is actually WORSE

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
joujou11cool wrote:
1. A small wand
2. A staff
3. A sword
4. An axe
5. All of the sudden modern warfare?

Wizard101 has the past weapons and takes place in the past if you have not noticed, but you have quite an imagination!

saying again throwing sharp things is worse. causes more injuries then bullets.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
From firearms to nukes? No. Kingisle will NEVER add this to the game. Stop arguing this just won't happen. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if Ambrose tossed you an AK-47 and said, "Good luck, young wizard." In my opinion, this post will not be approved by KI.

1. Ages 10+ (Younger players too)- Too young for firearms

2. Wizard world- What kind of a wizard uses guns?

3. How would this even affect enemies like ghosts?

4. Family game- Enough said.

5. Guns can be a serious problem in real life and some people don't wish to be reminded of that when they play Wizard101.

6. Guns are too modern for Wizard City anyways or any other world except for Marleybone. However, they already have killer robots on the loose, so guns are unnecessary.

7. Imagine how many people would stop playing this game once this "idea" is ever to be released.

The list could go on and on...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
Actaully, my "Adage" is perfectly fine and is an "Adage"

Look it up in the dictionary. You are mistaken. Oh, and it's "bear" arms, not the right to not wear sleeves. :-)

Oh, excuse me, Bear Arms, it is still the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

Adage - A saying that sets forth a general truth and that has gained credit through long use.

The saying, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" Is a saying that has been out for a long long time, before you were born. It holds truth and has credit, because it is a fact. A gun will not decide to aim itself at you and decide to pull it's own trigger and go off, killing you.

We don't live in a cartoon.

As far as accidental deaths from guns goes? That is ignorance or misuse of the weapon. No matter how you try and justify your thoughts, you are wrong, a gun, can not, nor ever will, decide to aim itself at someone and then decide it will go off and kill a person.

So, the best you can do, is get me for a word that was misspelled, oh wow, you got to be so proud of yourself.

However, you need to learn the truth about guns, because obviously, you are quite sheltered and don't know much about gun laws, or people's constitutional rights.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
can you read!!!
he said nothing is magic and that is completely true. if they can show swords than they can show guns. eventualy they will have a better weapon and people will think guns as nothing serious including you!!!!
gatorjaw i am sorry for all the people who disagree with you.
they could not show people bleeding gruesomely but at least something throwing swords or axes at people is actually WORSE

Hi,

Yes, I can read, thanks for asking.

Qbb

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Ah yes, point borne out nicely with this flame war as an example. See how much negativity guns spawn among the members of a community?

Bionaknight, Tabby, and the other kind-hearted wizards who have written so eloquently on the topic of why there will never be guns in the Great Spiral:

I plan to do my part to let this thread die. But before I go, I wanted to thank you for watching my back against a certain troll bent on insulting me at every opportunity in this thread. (I think it was that joke about the NRA in the Spiral that he can't overcome :) I also thank you for being the kind of neighbors I would be proud to have IRL and in the Spiral.

Those of you who want guns in this game: It saddens me to know that you aren't able to enjoy a wonderful family game such as Wizard 101 in its gun-free awesomeness. I'm so sorry that you need to empower yourselves with guns in every facet of your lives.

Queenlybluebean/Iridian/Scarlet/Moira/Alexandria/Taryn/Rowan

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Mario2463 wrote:
Imagine how ridiculous it would be if Ambrose tossed you an AK-47 and said, "Good luck, young wizard."

OMG, i have no idea why, but, that would be so dang hilarious! LOL!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Mario2463 wrote:
From firearms to nukes? No. Kingisle will NEVER add this to the game. Stop arguing this just won't happen. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if Ambrose tossed you an AK-47 and said, "Good luck, young wizard." In my opinion, this post will not be approved by KI.

5. Guns can be a serious problem in real life and some people don't wish to be reminded of that when they play Wizard101.

6. Guns are too modern for Wizard City anyways or any other world except for Marleybone. However, they already have killer robots on the loose, so guns are unnecessary.

7. Imagine how many people would stop playing this game once this "idea" is ever to be released.

I say there will be more people ya some will quit but a ehole lot more would join ghosts? Gee i wonder how other weapons affect them by going right through them too? What a big mystery hmmmmm

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I play this game to get away from all the stuff that happens in the real world. This is my relaxation and fun.

It gets very disheartening to hear the news of individuals or even families that have been shot overnight, or the drive by shootings where a small child ends up dying. This is something that happens every few minutes somewhere. BECAUSE OF GUNS. Not to mention all of the school shootings that have happened over the last few years. It never stops where guns are concerned.

But I think I am going to join Queenlybluebean in this matter and let this thread die out and hopefully it will soon.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I plan to do my part to let this thread die. But before I go, I wanted to thank you for watching my back against a certain troll bent on insulting me at every opportunity in this thread. (I think it was that joke about the NRA in the Spiral that he can't overcome I also thank you for being the kind of neighbors I would be proud to have IRL and in the Spiral.

Likewise, Queenly. This has gotten to be really unpleasant. And it's kind of scary, too. All of which makes me happier than ever that the people who play this game--and especially kids--won't ever have to deal with guns in the Spiral. The people who are flaming (and, for the record, seem to have absolutely no sense of humor) are exactly the kind of folks I hope to avoid in game, and IRL as well. Nice to know that there are folks like you out there, though--and probably many more who (wisely) refrained from joining in this flame-fest. I tried to lighten things up at several points, but the trolls never know when to quit, do they? *Sigh* Well, fortunately they weren't armed. :? Now let's all take our wands and go home, hopefully to meet (or not, in a few cases) under kinder circumstances. Peace out, everyone.

Tabitha

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
See how much negativity guns spawn among the members of a community?
Most of the negativity I saw was spawned from your responses,and a few others. It certainly wasn't present in the original posters words.

I plan to do my part to let this thread die. But before I go, I wanted to thank you for watching my back against a certain troll bent on insulting me at every opportunity in this thread.
I saw no one trolling against you in their remarks.What I did see though was you taking exception to others for simply disagreeing with you.The problem with your arguments were that they were weak across the board.I substantiated my disagreements with facts and logic,but your remarks were of simple prejudice and rhetoric.

Those of you who want guns in this game: It saddens me to know that you aren't able to enjoy a wonderful family game such as Wizard 101 in its gun-free awesomeness.
From what I read,almost no one would like the addition of player gun<wands>
in the Spiral,so why even state this?

I'm so sorry that you need to empower yourselves with guns in every facet of your lives.
I certainly did not see anyone suggest something like this even remotely.I am sorry that you, and people like you disdain facts and logic, for prejudice and rhetoric.

Queenlybluebean/Iridian/Scarlet/Moira/Alexandria/Taryn/Rowan

*** It might also interest you to know that I have witnessed you on several occasions mention trolling when dealing with those who disagree with you.I live very close to a local very prestigious university,and decided to visit the head of the English dept. I asked him to read all of the responses,and pick out the one above all others that best fit the "trolling" description. He actually picked two. One i will leave nameless since this response is not directed at them. The other was yours. Food for thought?

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Omg that is not something to put in wizard101. If you want guns play Mordern Warfare 3.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I have to agree with those who are not for guns in the game. Mostly I object because kids are desensitized to guns more than enough in the real world. This game is a refuge for parents who want to give their kids a game to play without exposing them to more mature things like guns. I'm an adult and I just come here because this game is fun and easy and I don't HAVE to do all that crafting and gardening mess if I don't want to. I realize this game is primarily for families and respect that. In fact, it's one of the reasons I love this game. It's something I would feel safe giving my great nieces and nephews as gifts and then they could come play with their auntie online.

Now, the idea of a western world, I like. We had aliens in a western in Cowboys and Aliens, so why couldn't we have some Wild West dueling wizards or something? We've already got the steam punk kind of thing going. We've got the more modern looking Marleybone and safari themes working. I think it would be cool to have cowboys and stuff. You could make the special mounts things like giant jackelopes, buffalo, "iron horses" stuff like that. New clothing items, spells, etc. It could work. As a Texan I fully support the notion of a wild west town full of wizard folk.

Heck, a few mods on the zebra forms and you could have mustang people. You could slightly alter the jackal people into coyotes and foxes. Cows become bison, etc. Honestly, about half your character work would already be done since you could modify things that already exist. You could base some of the storylines in old Native American lore for some flavor. Yeah, I'd play it!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Reply: Feel free to say that to a family who has a lost a beloved member to a firearm.
Your response is based on nothing but emotion against guns. You and others of your ilk,would disdain the facts about them. A gun is simply a needed tool in today's world,and unjustifiable prejudice by you and a few others should never entered the comments here.But respond you did,and with malice. I choose to defend the innocent posters remarks,and that seems to irritate you further. I cannot persuade you with facts or logic,but I will defend against the many weak,and baseless claims that are being thrown. You are entitled to your beliefs though,no matter how weak and full of prejudice they are.The true irony of the situation is you are afforded the luxury of your prejudice due to the fact that somewhere an unsung hero with a gun,fought and died to protect it.
Reply: I haven't seen any facts or logic in your responses, only personal and general attacks.
Reply: So, shooting ammunition from a gun at someone is no longer shooter games? Wow, guess Call of Duty needs an E rating.
Another terribly weak response,with an injection of sarcasm. I suggest you go and research what makes and or changes a games ratings. The simple addition of a gun <wand> would not change anything.
Reply: You're clearly missing the point.

Reply: Medicine? Geology? Geography? No offense, but this is ridiculous. How could a weapon of death aid exploration and healing?
Google is your friend. Why not research subjects you have no knowledge in rather than just blind guessing, and posting the results for all to see?
Reply: A good poster does his research. I haven't seen any referrence to guns in medicine on Google. If you are an expert on the subject, enlighten us. How precisely does a bullet help explore a mountain? How does pulling a trigger help an injured patient?

Reply: The poster means REAL guns, not toy guns. And the fact that a gun was in a slapstick cartoon is irrelevant.
Irrelevant? According to several replies, it has been suggested that guns are bad and anti-family no matter what. And if the poster and your beef is only with "real" guns,then why respond in the first place?
Reply: Because the poster intended to put real guns in a decidedly non-slapstick game. You're clearly hiding you're lack of substantial evidence in the favor of putting guns in a fantasy game behind cartoon shows where violent slapstick is accepted. Also, "greatest family cartoon of all time" is an opinion, not a fact.

Reply: Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe we should see if the other 25 people who agree with QBB want to keep the thread going.
It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. The truth is never based on popularity,though some today would seek to change that.
Reply: Despite the fact that a gun in a fantasy game would b absurd, an idea usually has to pass both the community and the developers first. I have a feeling the developers side with the majority on this, but I do wish we could hear from them personally. Or at least lock down this thread.

Reply: Thank you, but we already have that.
Another attempt at sarcasm? My reply was sincere,but its obvious from your responses that sincerity is lacking. But i stand by my original reply,and i wish you and others the same health of body,and clarity of mind.
Reply: My apologies, it seemed to be suggesting everyone on this thread is mentally unstable. If you really meant well, I suggest you shouldn't have used it as a reply to a simple farewell from a poster.
Bionaknight

All comments in above quote. I wish we could resolve this with some amount of dignity and have a poll instead of this back-and-forth verbal battle.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
@Gatorjaw,

I'm afraid I can't offer support for this idea, although it is creative in many ways. Here's why:

Guns are not magical items, like athames, rings, wands, or enchanted swords.

No guns, EVER in this game. If I want to be shot with a gun, I'll go to a first person shooter game, a console game, or a city street IRL. I come to the Spiral to escape the terrible things people do to one another, including shoot each other with guns.

Wizards don't need guns, we have magic.

In fact, I feel so strongly about this that, if KI ever included gun items in Wizard 101, my entire family would cancel our 4 subs and find a new game to play.

Totally opposed to guns in the Great Spiral,

Qbb/Iridian/Moira/Scarlet/Rowan/Alexandria/Taryn

I 100 percent agree

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
cjball2018 wrote:
Mario2463 wrote:

I say there will be more people ya some will quit but a ehole lot more would join ghosts? Gee i wonder how other weapons affect them by going right through them too? What a big mystery hmmmmm

Please, can you at least try to spell correctly when you address me? I don't understand half of what you're telling me. Oh, and I guarantee you that more people will quit this game if guns are released.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
ok so guns are a big NO. but what about crossbows? what about the new world? and the mount? think about all of his idea plz he has some good points :D?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Seriously? Do you want to have a 5 year old going around shooting people. This is a family game!! Modern warfare is not getting into the hand of people as young as 5. And duh, there is no magic but magic is really just imagination at work. You would rather rip out what W101 stands for, than to keep a friendly and peaceful environment?
Seriously, NO!!!

Sincerely, Jeffrey Spirithunter
lvl 70 necromancer
"Magic is the explanation an of the unknown, the imagination at work..."

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
mattjdixon2009 wrote:
ok so guns are a big NO. but what about crossbows? what about the new world? and the mount? think about all of his idea plz he has some good points :D?
Crossbows seem a bit too gunlike. Old West type worlds just aren't magical or mystic. And I'm not too crazy about the mount.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2012
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
cjball2018 wrote:
U dont need blood just fireballs or something like that
Like i've said before: I don't care if it shot donuts, a gun is a gun.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
cjball2018 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
1. A small wand
2. A staff
3. A sword
4. An axe
5. All of the sudden modern warfare?

Wizard101 has the past weapons and takes place in the past if you have not noticed, but you have quite an imagination!

saying again throwing sharp things is worse. causes more injuries then bullets.

That wasn't my point. My point is why would wizards turn from melee weapons and then start using ranged weapons that shoot and then hit the enemy. It wouldn't even make sense swinging a gun to use a spell. Unless the gun has an aura of magic and shoots a magical ray of... magic? Then I'm fine with it. If it's bullets, I wouldn't agree. People don't understand how to make a gun seem fatasized, so they go off and throw negative comments. It would have been better if the OP said that the guns would have a magical aura and shoots magic at the enemy.