Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk is too easy...

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I soloed all of Wintertusk, except for Nastrond. I was bored the whole time, mainly because all of the enemies were Ice, but also because of how easy and simple it was! Why is Wintertusk so easy, and why do people even complain about it? I see no problem to it, and KI, please make a continuous side world to Wysteria, and PLEASE make it a world worth a fight!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
I soloed all of Wintertusk, except for Nastrond. I was bored the whole time, mainly because all of the enemies were Ice, but also because of how easy and simple it was! Why is Wintertusk so easy, and why do people even complain about it? I see no problem to it, and KI, please make a continuous side world to Wysteria, and PLEASE make it a world worth a fight!

I find these posts to be so funny. Please share your secret to being able to do this? What level where you, school and how where you geared to solo so much of Wintertusk with ease? Am curious on how you did with Frostbranch since he was one of my most notable bosses to try to solo.

I have taken 3 wizards there so far and I did solo a majority of it, certainly not all like you have. Keep in mind also that not every one likes mind numbing, teeth grinding, head banging, endless fights. Some of us joined the game to have fun, horrible fights suck that right out of it.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
brwac wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

I find these posts to be so funny. Please share your secret to being able to do this? What level where you, school and how where you geared to solo so much of Wintertusk with ease? Am curious on how you did with Frostbranch since he was one of my most notable bosses to try to solo.

I have taken 3 wizards there so far and I did solo a majority of it, certainly not all like you have. Keep in mind also that not every one likes mind numbing, teeth grinding, head banging, endless fights. Some of us joined the game to have fun, horrible fights suck that right out of it.

You want to know level? Well, on my Fire wizard, 40. Balance, 60. I'm too bored to continue it on any of my other wizards.

My secret to be able to be doing this? Be good and stragetic, have a good deck, I'm not someone that uses a simple strategy, nor loses to a computer enemy. Maybe it's because I'm good at strategy and putting my plans at action. I don't remember Frostbranch, so I'll look around Wintertusk to find him once again.

There is no endless fight, there's a winner that survives, and someone just as good that loses. No enemy is a pain, it's the way the player's deck set-up is, because that's truly the pain, if you don't have a good/great deck set-up, you're bound to have a tough time soloing. Try to make a round-out deck that gives you an even amount of: Power, Defense, Healing, Survival (Weakness and such to help your minions survive, or to help your friends survive if you're not soloing), and also trickery. My deck is full-out trickery with a lot of defense and healing, and many power spells, it's like creating an all-around deck and making your wizard an all-around fighter, because if you overwhelm in one thing, say, defense, you won't win the fight. With power, you can deal out immensely large amounts of damage, but then you won't survive too long. Trickery is good, because I've noticed that if you use a HoT, the enemies would use a DoT, you can 'trick' mobs, but it's just not as easy. If you use a DoT, they would use a shield.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
brwac wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

You want to know level? Well, on my Fire wizard, 40. Balance, 60. I'm too bored to continue it on any of my other wizards.

My secret to be able to be doing this? Be good and stragetic, have a good deck, I'm not someone that uses a simple strategy, nor loses to a computer enemy. Maybe it's because I'm good at strategy and putting my plans at action. I don't remember Frostbranch, so I'll look around Wintertusk to find him once again.

There is no endless fight, there's a winner that survives, and someone just as good that loses. No enemy is a pain, it's the way the player's deck set-up is, because that's truly the pain, if you don't have a good/great deck set-up, you're bound to have a tough time soloing. Try to make a round-out deck that gives you an even amount of: Power, Defense, Healing, Survival (Weakness and such to help your minions survive, or to help your friends survive if you're not soloing), and also trickery. My deck is full-out trickery with a lot of defense and healing, and many power spells, it's like creating an all-around deck and making your wizard an all-around fighter, because if you overwhelm in one thing, say, defense, you won't win the fight. With power, you can deal out immensely large amounts of damage, but then you won't survive too long. Trickery is good, because I've noticed that if you use a HoT, the enemies would use a DoT, you can 'trick' mobs, but it's just not as easy. If you use a DoT, they would use a shield.
try being a storm in wintertusk at lvl 40 with about 900 life now THAT is tough, you die before you can get ablade out.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Try doing it with Ice. Seriously, it's not easy in any way and you won't be bored. Frustrated, yes...bored, no. :)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Try doing it with Ice. Seriously, it's not easy in any way and you won't be bored. Frustrated, yes...bored, no. :)

Thankfully, I don't get frustrated with games. :-)