Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Riddle me this? KI please answer if you can

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, I am like the pet master of all things pets. I have more pets than I know what to do with. I have 2 accounts, 6 characters on each account. To put it mildly, I have trashed or sold more pets than most people even have on them. This is how familiar I am with pets and hatching.

Now, I know that mystery and intrigue play a major role in pets, which I can completely understand. However, I am a bit baffled by my recent observations and I would like an official clarification, if at all possible.

Ok, most pets of old that have the talent "Spritely", have all triggers. I have never had a problem with a pet with this talent. I have also found that pets with higher Agility, Will, and Power cast spritely and other may cast talents more often than having lower stats.

Now, if this is actually true or not, is not my question.

My question is:

I have recently started trying to get the pet Ianthine Hound, with Spell proof, spell defy, spritely, and may cast death blade.

I am getting closer to that goal. I have a few Ianthine hounds with spell proof, spell defy, spritely, and pain giver.

Still, all this is beside the point. Ok, my point is, after careful observation and even having great stats on these pets, they do not trigger spritely anywhere near as often as my other pets.

Not only I have observed this, but my friends as well.

Do some spritely talents have different triggers? Such as some trigger during myth attacks, some during ice attacks, etc. While older ones have no such boundaries and are triggered by all attacks?

Or is it the pet that has the different possible triggers and not the talent?

If you can, please answer this KI, even if it is an I don't know, or I can't say, just to know that my question was observed and looked into.

Because if there is not supposed to be any difference in spritely talents or the pets, then would you please look into the Ianthine Hounds, because for whatever the reason, they do not trigger the same as other pets.

Thank you for your time,

Darthjt

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
All I know is that I'd love to have your ianthine with proof, defy, pain and spritely lol. Been trying for that combo for awhile now and it has eluded me at every turn. Trying to think if i've got one that already has the blade on it. Ah well good luck to you.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Ok, I am like the pet master of all things pets. I have more pets than I know what to do with. I have 2 accounts, 6 characters on each account. To put it mildly, I have trashed or sold more pets than most people even have on them. This is how familiar I am with pets and hatching.

Now, I know that mystery and intrigue play a major role in pets, which I can completely understand. However, I am a bit baffled by my recent observations and I would like an official clarification, if at all possible.

Ok, most pets of old that have the talent "Spritely", have all triggers. I have never had a problem with a pet with this talent. I have also found that pets with higher Agility, Will, and Power cast spritely and other may cast talents more often than having lower stats.

Now, if this is actually true or not, is not my question.

My question is:

I have recently started trying to get the pet Ianthine Hound, with Spell proof, spell defy, spritely, and may cast death blade.

I am getting closer to that goal. I have a few Ianthine hounds with spell proof, spell defy, spritely, and pain giver.

Still, all this is beside the point. Ok, my point is, after careful observation and even having great stats on these pets, they do not trigger spritely anywhere near as often as my other pets.

Not only I have observed this, but my friends as well.

Do some spritely talents have different triggers? Such as some trigger during myth attacks, some during ice attacks, etc. While older ones have no such boundaries and are triggered by all attacks?

Or is it the pet that has the different possible triggers and not the talent?

If you can, please answer this KI, even if it is an I don't know, or I can't say, just to know that my question was observed and looked into.

Because if there is not supposed to be any difference in spritely talents or the pets, then would you please look into the Ianthine Hounds, because for whatever the reason, they do not trigger the same as other pets.

Thank you for your time,

Darthjt

I'll tell you my little obversations on the pet talents:
When boosting a talent that boosts damage, your pet tends to cast blades more often, and same with may cast towers and such.

With my pet, the Talented Piggle, giving me a blade and many amazing talents, and one of them is Spritely, and it tends to cast it more whenever my teammates are getting attacked, or when all of my teammates or one of my opponents are getting attacked. For my friend, ever since he trained strength and agility, his pet has been casting blades every so often.

There are different ways to know when each school will fizzle, some by sound, some by pip disappearing, and some even by looks! So, maybe there are smaller variations of Spritely triggers within each school pet, but all of them have 1 in common, most likely to happen after an AoE.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I was wondering if KI toned down spritely in general in one of their recent updates, at least in PvP. Pets of mine that used to cast it quite a bit seem to not cast it so much anymore. I even went 3 PvP games in a row without a single spritey being cast.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Ok to your riddle i give you one: were is spritly found?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
rest wrote:
Ok to your riddle i give you one: were is spritly found?

You might want to try Central or Petnome Project for a list of all pets that initially come with the spritely talent.