Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Utility Spells for next Update!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, let's forget the spells being 3 pips, and just make them good utility spells.

Fire: Petroleum
1 Pip, casts +20% fire trap on all enemies

Ice: Diamond
1 pip, Protects Wards and Charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

Storm: Sanitize
2 pips, Removes all negative charms

Balance: Magnify
3 pips, +30% Balance damage aura (Environmental) to all balance spells.

Life: Power Sprite
3 pips, 125+375 heal over 3 rounds to all friends

Death: Gloomier & Doomier!
3 pips, +25% to all death attacks & -50% to all heals. Aura (Enviromental)

Myth: Mystify
1 pips, 2 +25% myth traps on an enemy

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, let's forget the spells being 3 pips, and just make them good utility spells.

1 Pip, casts +20% fire trap on all enemies

Ice: Diamond
1 pip, Protects Wards and Charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

Storm: Sanitize
2 pips, Removes all negative charms

3 pips, +30% Balance damage aura (Environmental) to all balance spells.

3 pips, +25% to all death attacks & -50% to all heals. Aura (Enviromental)

Myth: Mystify
1 pips, 2 +25% myth traps on an enemy

Why can't the Balance spell effect for all damage schools but start effecting next round?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Why can't the Balance spell effect for all damage schools but start effecting next round?

Because as an environmental or global spell, it wouldn't be very useful. Only if it was a blade or aura.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Because as an environmental or global spell, it wouldn't be very useful. Only if it was a blade or aura.

Well, as it would work next round, it would give the Balance wizard's team an advantage with using powerful AoE's.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Okay, with the help of all the comments above, the following changes have been made, please tell me what you think of the revisions:

3 Pips, casts 2 +25% fire traps on all enemies

Ice: Legion Armor
3 pips, Ice Armor that absorbs 200 damage to all friends.
Or:
Ice: Black Ice
3pips, +30% resistance to all attacks & protects all wards and charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

Storm: Neutralize
3 pips, Removes all positive charms on oppontent

3 pips, +30% Balance damage aura (Bubble) to all balance spells.

3 pips, +25% to all death attacks & -50% to all heals. Aura (Bubble)

Myth: Mythical
3 pips, 2 +25% myth traps on all enemies

Why not make the Balance aura effect all schools but start effecting in the next round? That way it's much more of an effective spell.

Because it is not an aura, it is an environmental spell and they all work like this, Balance can not be different from other schools.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Okay, with the help of all the comments above, the following changes have been made, please tell me what you think of the revisions:

3 Pips, casts 2 +25% fire traps on all enemies

Ice: Legion Armor
3 pips, Ice Armor that absorbs 200 damage to all friends.
Or:
Ice: Black Ice
3pips, +30% resistance to all attacks & protects all wards and charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

Storm: Neutralize
3 pips, Removes all positive charms on oppontent

3 pips, 2 +25% myth traps on all enemies

Why not make the Balance aura effect all schools but start effecting in the next round? That way it's much more of an effective spell.

Because it is not an aura, it is an environmental spell and they all work like this, Balance can not be different from other schools.

Nevermind, this would be a terrible spell if the Balance wizard's team goes second.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Well, as it would work next round, it would give the Balance wizard's team an advantage with using powerful AoE's.

Yeah, and as a global spell it would boost the enemies attacks on the next round too. It would be pointless, since it isn't giving the Balance team any real advantages, only increasing the total damage for everyone in the duel. So unless your sole purpose is to see higher damage numbers (friendly and enemy) than usual, then this spell is for you.

So instead of both friendly and enemies doing 100 damage on either side, everyone would be doing 130 damage. No advantage, only higher numbers. It would make this spell exactly like PowerPlay only with damage.

Again, it would only be useful as an aura, blade, or affecting only Balance spells, only elemental spells, only spirit spells, not all spells.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think life really needs a good 3 or 4 pip spell that rivals balance's healing hands as 5 pips for a similar but stronger spell is just too costly to use.

I don't think bubble's should be given to death and balance as they already use bubbles and it feels like both are being cheated (yes, I play both). Think of something non-bubblish for them.

The rest from a quick glimpse seem reasonable and fine.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, with the help of all the comments above, even more changes have been made, please tell me what you think of the newer revisions:

Fire: Nitrogen
2 Pips, casts convert (Prism) on all enemies.

Ice: Legion Tower
2 pips, gives a -50% tower shield to all friends.

Storm: Clarify
2 pips, Removes all Negative charms.

1 pip, 2 +25% myth traps to 1 enemy

Star: Fuse
1 pip, +20% resistance to all attacks & protects all wards and charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

I actually like this idea, and I think it fits well with Fire.

Legion Shield costs 2 pips and only gives -35% Tower Shield to all allies.

I like this, but 'Clarify' seems like more of a positive charm/ward spell. I had an idea like this and I named the spell Neutralize, but I replaced it, so I don't really have any "rights" to the name.

Again, I as well as many Sorcerers I've encountered are good on power. We don't need more power enhancing spells and definitely not in the form of an environment spell. Honestly, I don't know what we need spell-wise; what we really need right now is better gear.

It seems too much like an update of Sprite. You should give it a different focus. And I think it should be 4-5 pips.

As a Necromancer, the whole idea of a environment spell that weakens healing annoys me. If I get another environment spell (which I'd rather not) I'd want it to be strictly power enhancing.

Yes! Thank you.

1 pip, +20% resistance to all attacks & protects all wards and charms for 4 rounds. (Self Aura)

No Moon or Sun? Anyway, I think the protection of all charms and wards from being stolen or eliminated from the caster for 4 rounds is good enough. The +20% resistance puts it way over the top.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I actually like this idea, and I think it fits well with Fire.

Thank you

Legion Shield costs 2 pips and only gives -35% Tower Shield to all allies.

Legion Shield actually costs only 1 pip, which is why Legion Tower shield is going to cost 2 pips. It stays inline with the focus of Ice.

I like this, but 'Clarify' seems like more of a positive charm/ward spell. I had an idea like this and I named the spell Neutralize, but I replaced it, so I don't really have any "rights" to the name.

That is exactly why Clarify works, because it is removing all negative charms, keeping only positive charms, making your attacks pure and clear.

Again, I as well as many Sorcerers I've encountered are good on power. We don't need more power enhancing spells and definitely not in the form of an environment spell. Honestly, I don't know what we need spell-wise; what we really need right now is better gear.

The problem I hear a lot of balance complaining about, is no environmental spell. They say Power Play is useless and that they have no real way to change the environmentals of other schools. This allows Balance to change the environmental and help boost balance only attacks.

It seems too much like an update of Sprite. You should give it a different focus. And I think it should be 4-5 pips.

Well, I have another post for rank 4-5 pip spells. Which is what life and death could use, an AOE low pip attack. As far as a utility spell, I do think it would be nice for Life to have an AoE HoT spell. Hence, this idea.

As a Necromancer, the whole idea of a environment spell that weakens healing annoys me. If I get another environment spell (which I'd rather not) I'd want it to be strictly power enhancing.

I dunno, I actually think this spell has a lot of merit and is very powerful for death.

Yes! Thank you.

Thank you

No Moon or Sun? Anyway, I think the protection of all charms and wards from being stolen or eliminated from the caster for 4 rounds is good enough. The +20% resistance puts it way over the top.

Yeah, putting the resistance with it is a bit much, however, this is the first aura that actually costs pips.

As far as Moon, I am not much for Polymorphs and I don't care to even think of an Idea for any.

As far as Sun, it is a bit early to enhance damage or accuracy boosts anymore yet.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

Nice idea.

This spell should be for 3 pips, stacking this up would be a really big pain (Especially with Ice wizard's resists)

And Shatter is 3 pips, so I think this should be 3 also.

Not a fan of using this spell, really, it would basically cost the same amount of pips as Power Play if you got power pips.

So, better then Sprite, costs about 0.75 pips for each Sprite, and heals the entire team. This spell should really fall into the 4 pips.

Give Death 5% less damage boost then Balance's aura, and a -50% chance for heals and costs the same amount of pips?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Sorry, I accidentally clicked submit before I could finish lol...

This should be 2 pips for all enemies, is just seems that much of a better spell that way.

The first Star spell that costs pips, I see, sounds good.

Lucky you're smart enough not to create any enchantments for Sun, and the polymorphs currently are a waste. Well, I'll attempt to come up with an idea for a Sun spell:
+200 heal effect (From Sprite/Pixie and such)
+5% Shield/Blade effect on a spell
That's all I'm willing to say, I guess. Many spells are good, but some need to change. Some advice: It's impossible to get everyone's satisfaction, so don't try lol.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Legion Shield actually costs only 1 pip, which is why Legion Tower shield is going to cost 2 pips. It stays inline with the focus of Ice.

Oh, excuse me. Goodness, how did I forget that? Anyway,

That is exactly why Clarify works, because it is removing all negative charms, keeping only positive charms, making your attacks pure and clear.

I insisted on doing this at 9:00 when I woke up at 4:30...*sigh* Excuse my inability to read comprehensively in the morning. Anyway, now that I understand what the spell does, I'm not so fond of it. There's only so many negative charms that aren't accuracy-related, and negative charms aren't very prevalent in combat. The only one I see being used often is Weakness, and that's slowly disappearing from combat. Even then, why is this spell necessary?

The problem I hear a lot of balance complaining about, is no environmental spell. They say Power Play is useless and that they have no real way to change the environmentals of other schools. This allows Balance to change the environmental and help boost balance only attacks.

What level are these complainers? I've never heard this before. And am I the only Sorcerer who was able to utilize Power Play?! Anyway, if by "[Sorcerers] have no real way to change the environmentals of other schools," you mean Sorcerers have no way to change the environment spell that is active at the time, isn't that a way to utilize Power Play? Sorry; I'm not sure what yo meant there, to be honest. Either way, why would I need this spell at a point in time when I'm close to becoming Transcendant?

Well, I have another post for rank 4-5 pip spells. Which is what life and death could use, an AOE low pip attack. As far as a utility spell, I do think it would be nice for Life to have an AoE HoT spell. Hence, this idea.

But that's the thing: healing spells in general ride the line of utility, and an AoE HoT spell kinda surpasses that line. Unless you can find a way to weaken it and still make it useful, it's too powerful for a utility spell. I do like the idea though.

I dunno, I actually think this spell has a lot of merit and is very powerful for death.

I'm torn. On one hand, it's kinda counterproductive. In teams, this spell can be very difficult to use and maintain decorum within the team. On the other hand, the weakening healing spells effect while enhancing Death power effect is very Death. This spell screams its school louder than any other spell you thought up.

Yeah, putting the resistance with it is a bit much, however, this is the first aura that actually costs pips.

Another thing I overlooked. I think the spell is better without the resistance and then it can be free. I like that the Astral spells are free becasue that's one less thing to worry about in combat.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Oh, excuse me. Goodness, how did I forget that? Anyway, I'm not sure...I did like the idea, but 20% more protection to all allies for just one more pip?

I insisted on doing this at 9:00 when I woke up at 4:30...*sigh* Excuse my inability to read comprehensively in the morning. Anyway, now that I understand what the spell does, I'm not so fond of it. There's only so many negative charms that aren't accuracy-related, and negative charms aren't very prevalent in combat. The only one I see being used often is Weakness, and that's slowly disappearing from combat. Even then, why is this spell necessary?

What level are these complainers? I've never heard this before. And am I the only Sorcerer who was able to utilize Power Play?! Anyway, if by "[Sorcerers] have no real way to change the environmentals of other schools," you mean Sorcerers have no way to change the environment spell that is active at the time, isn't that a way to utilize Power Play? Sorry; I'm not sure what yo meant there, to be honest. Either way, why would I need this spell at a point in time when I'm close to becoming Transcendant?

But that's the thing: healing spells in general ride the line of utility, and an AoE HoT spell kinda surpasses that line. Unless you can find a way to weaken it and still make it useful, it's too powerful for a utility spell. I do like the idea though.

I'm torn. On one hand, it's kinda counterproductive. In teams, this spell can be very difficult to use and maintain decorum within the team. On the other hand, the weakening healing spells effect while enhancing Death power effect is very Death. This spell screams its school louder than any other spell you thought up.

Another thing I overlooked. I think the spell is better without the resistance and then it can be free. I like that the Astral spells are free becasue that's one less thing to worry about in combat.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Nice idea.

Ice: Tower Legion

This spell should be for 3 pips, stacking this up would be a really big pain (Especially with Ice wizard's resists)

Well, maybe. I was thinking along the lines of progression though.
Tower=0 Legion=1 TL=2 Making it 3 pips is just not practical.

And Shatter is 3 pips, so I think this should be 3 also.

Shields are stronger than weakness, besides, storm got left out with Disarmament still costing 1 pip. Making it 2 pips would be quite fair.

2 pips, +30% Balance damage aura (Bubble) to all balance spells.

Not a fan of using this spell, really, it would basically cost the same amount of pips as Power Play if you got power pips.

You are correct, it should be a 2 pip cost, I will change it.

So, better then Sprite, costs about 0.75 pips for each Sprite, and heals the entire team. This spell should really fall into the 4 pips.

Actually, DoT are stronger than singular attacks and same should go for heals. An HoT should be stronger than unicorn, so this is a good heal for the pips.

Give Death 5% less damage boost then Balance's aura, and a -50% chance for heals and costs the same amount of pips?

I changed Balance's Bubble to 2 pips.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Sorry, I accidentally clicked submit before I could finish lol...

This should be 2 pips for all enemies, is just seems that much of a better spell that way.

So, 2 pips for 1 myth trap on all enemies, that is not a bad idea, however, I like the 2 myth traps on a single enemy, for the dual attacks spells myth has.

The first Star spell that costs pips, I see, sounds good.

Lucky you're smart enough not to create any enchantments for Sun, and the polymorphs currently are a waste. Well, I'll attempt to come up with an idea for a Sun spell:
+200 heal effect (From Sprite/Pixie and such)
+5% Shield/Blade effect on a spell
That's all I'm willing to say, I guess. Many spells are good, but some need to change. Some advice: It's impossible to get everyone's satisfaction, so don't try lol.

I know you can't satisfy everyone, but I am open to suggestions and like to hear the thoughts of others.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Oh, excuse me. Goodness, how did I forget that? Anyway, I'm not sure...I did like the idea, but 20% more protection to all allies for just one more pip?

Stated this before, but it is a chain of Progression.
Tower=0 pips, LS=1 pip, TL=2 pips. You get 30% protection for 1 pip, why not get an additional 20% protection for an additional pip?

You don't pvp much, do you? Not saying this spell is exactly needed, however it would seriously help with all the possible negative charms out there. The dispels, the weaknesses, the accuracy modifiers, etc.

Actually, I am going to change this to being 2 pips, not 3. And, most of the people that complain about Balance not having a good Enviornmental spell, are here on these message boards. All over pvp. Tons and Tons of messages about this very issue.

Thanks for liking the idea. I guess, if shielding can be a utility, I can't see why healing is not a utility. The HoT is like a DoT, over time the spells are stronger, so I don't see this spell as being overpowered.

Um, thanks? lol

It is nice for astral spells to be free, I grant you that. However, you can't stack astral spells, you can only have 1 at a time. Therefore, eventually, there will have to be a progression, to where with pips, you get more gusto.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
darthjt wrote:

2 pips, +30% Balance damage aura (Bubble) to all balance spells.

All of these are very good Darth, you have made some really good revisions.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Stated this before, but it is a chain of Progression.
Tower=0 pips, LS=1 pip, TL=2 pips. You get 30% protection for 1 pip, why not get an additional 20% protection for an additional pip?

Eh...fine. But I don't like the name.

You don't pvp much, do you? Not saying this spell is exactly needed, however it would seriously help with all the possible negative charms out there. The dispels, the weaknesses, the accuracy modifiers, etc.

No, I don't, and you bringing up PvP leads me to believe this spell is only useful there. In PvE, one doesn't have to worry about dispels or even weaknesses at a certain point. It doesn't really work with accuracy modifiers since...well, it's a spell. As soon as you cast it, the accuracy modifier would be triggered.

Actually, I am going to change this to being 2 pips, not 3. And, most of the people that complain about Balance not having a good Enviornmental spell, are here on these message boards. All over pvp. Tons and Tons of messages about this very issue.

Another PvP complaint...I honestly don't think this is a good idea. Adding this would make Sorcerers public enemy #1 since we have such strong attacks as it is.

Thanks for liking the idea. I guess, if shielding can be a utility, I can't see why healing is not a utility. The HoT is like a DoT, over time the spells are stronger, so I don't see this spell as being overpowered.

Shielding is just a way to protect your health, while healing replenishes your health. I feel KI has established healing as that annoying middle ground where if it can be a utility spell, but if it's too powerful then it's not. I mean, look at spells like Regenerate and Rebirth. You'd have to be crazy to consider them utility spells.

Um, thanks? lol

Forget it. It's a good spell, but can it split the percentage of the original environment spell? Like, -40% to healing spells and +25% to Death attack spells?

It is nice for astral spells to be free, I grant you that. However, you can't stack astral spells, you can only have 1 at a time. Therefore, eventually, there will have to be a progression, to where with pips, you get more gusto.

If progression starts, I think KI will start with combining auras that have already been made (like Amplify and Vengeance, or Fortify and Mend), not two completely new concepts to the game.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Darth

I like the ideas of your new post, however there is one change you should make.
That ice spell will be abused like crazy in pvp. Think like at lvl 70 you get a powerpip ever turn. Imagine the spammers that would spam this spell in all areas like 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. It would be so unfair. And if people chain used it you would have 4 towers on their team. If you were in a group where you didnt have a myth or someone with a treasure your out of luck and would be at a major disadvantage.

The only way to implement this spell is to make it impracticable to use. Where it would take 3 pips. This would take away chain use of it. So if it were up to me I would go back and use loki's spell.

May I suggest instead..
Ice : Snow Fairy
3 pips, gives Ice Armor worth 150 to all friends.
edit: I realize the 150 armor is way too low. A 200 absorb for all friends would be much more reasonable. Collectively, that's 800 for 3 pips. not bad.

In my opinion this would be the better spell for ice.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, with the help of all the comments above, even more changes have been made, please tell me what you think of the newer revisions:

Alright, KI should read and put these spells in now :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
After reading some of AkihiroHattori5's Utility spell Ideas, I came up with some new ideas and used some of his Ideas too. Tell me what you think:

Fire: Hostile Takeover
80% accuaracy 4pips - Steal all enemy charms

Ice: Stone Cold Thief
80% accuracy 5 pips - Steal all enemy wards

Storm: Annihilation
80% accuracy 3 pips - Disarms enemy completely

Life: Remedy
100% accuracy 3pips - Removes all DoTs from Friends

Death: Evil Crossing
100% accuracy 0 pips - Changes next death spell to moon spell.
(The main focus for this, is so that Empower, Dark Pact, or Sacrifice do not use up death blades.) Would be even better if it was for just these spells, but I don't know how that could or would be incorperated.

Myth: Alleviate
80% accuracy 2 pips - Removes all negative wards from self.

Balance: Fluctuate
100% accuracy 2 pips - Charm that makes next spell do opposite damage effects. IE: Hydra will do Death, Life, and Myth Damage. Chimera will do Fire, Ice, and Storm Damage. Spectral Blast will do opposite of what it would have done, if Storm/Myth, if Fire/Life, if Ice/Death.

Star spells:

Intensify
100% Accuracy 0 pips - Gives 1 powerpip for spells rank 4 and above
for 4 rounds.

Empowerment (Revised)
100% Accuracy 0 pips - Gives 1 pip for any spell for 4 rounds.

Fuse
100% Accuracy 0 pips - Protects all wards and charms for 4 rounds.

Just a few possilbe options, any thoughts or opinions on these?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:
After reading some of AkihiroHattori5's Utility spell Ideas, I came up with some new ideas and used some of his Ideas too. Tell me what you think:

(The main focus for this, is so that Empower, Dark Pact, or Sacrifice do not use up death blades.) Would be even better if it was for just these spells, but I don't know how that could or would be incorperated.

100% accuracy 2 pips - Charm that makes next spell do opposite damage effects. IE: Hydra will do Death, Life, and Myth Damage. Chimera will do Fire, Ice, and Storm Damage. Spectral Blast will do opposite of what it would have done, if Storm/Myth, if Fire/Life, if Ice/Death.

Star spells:

Intensify
for 4 rounds.

Empowerment (Revised)

Fuse

All this hard work and preperation and no comments on this new list?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Star spells:

Intensify
for 4 rounds.

Empowerment (Revised)

Fuse

Darth, these spells ideas are great, I hope KI sees them and incorperates them into the next update.

Thanks Darth!

You're welcome, Darth.