Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spells for updates!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, this is for the next update.

Life: Swarm 0' Bees
4 pips, 90% accuracy, 250 - 290 Life Damage to all enemies

A bees nest, falls from a tree and breaks open, a swarm of bees come out and attacks all enemies.

Death: Zombie of Death
4 pips, 85% accuracy, 255 - 300 Death Damage to all enemies

A Zombie appears in a the center, opens its rotting decaying mouth and bugs fly out and attack all enemies.

Myth: Rhino
5 pips, 80% accuracy, 50 + 375 Myth Damage to all Enemies.

A Rhino comes charging up, huffs and puff, turns it head one way and hits the target with its horns, doing initial damage, the back the other way, completing the spell and doing the remaining damage.

Balance: Spiritual Blast
4 pips, 85% accuracy, 440 Death Damage, 365 Life Damage, or 550 Myth Damage

Wind, leaves, and a Rainbow for life's attack. A dark cloud and a howl in the background for death's attack, and A hammer falling from the sky and hitting the opponent in the head for myth's attack.

And yes, Myth is stronger than Death, Death is stronger than Life. This is in the correct order.

Storm: Tsunami
5 pips 200 + 375 Storm Damage to all Enemies over 3 rounds.

Rain starts falling, lightning strikes, winds roar, A giant wave, like tempest, comes through and hits each enemy, with smaller waves following.
Or:
Storm: Tornado
6 Pips 420 storm damage to all enemies and removes all wards and charms.

Dark Clouds with lightning strikes appear in the center, rain starts to fall, the clouds start to move, making a grand funnel cloud. The cloud comes down and touches the ground, then strikes the opponent.

Fire: Flame of Enchantment
6 pips 525 to 575 Fire damage to all enemies.

A little flame appears in the center, Then with a burst a wave of fire expands, like the Wyldefire animation, except this time, the fire hits each enemy and does the damage.

Ice: Snowdog
4 pips 75+675 healing over 3 rounds

A snow dog comes out and whines a puppy cry when someone is hurt, then the snow dog backs up and gently blows a healing myst at the caster.

All comments are welcome, good or bad. This does not even have to be for Wysteria, but it would follow that story line nicely.

This has been updated to reflect the feed back. Thank you all for your comments.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Seriously? no comments or thoughts? I don't mind, as long as people don't say, but this belongs to that school, or that belongs to this school...

We are making the game better and giving more balance to the schools.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
darthjt wrote:

See, the problem is, is that this is not bringing balance to the schools, but rather turning the schools into Balance.
Half of these ideas are healing spells. I see you're trying to fill in the gaps of the schools, by adding more versatility.
The things is that this meshes all the schools into one generic blob. Where's the individuality? Why is everyone suddenly a healer?
Hasn't life been hurt enough with the mastery amulet?
Storm isn't getting a DOT. That's why KI gave them 2 pip bolts. That's their shield breaker! Storm isnt going to get the ability to DOT, followed by bolt spam. Thats why they dont have one.

Schools are supposed to have gaps in them. None can be perfect. We all compliment eachother.
If you want a jack of all trades, play Balance - that's what they do.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Love the Swarm O’ Bees – Life could definitely use a low pip attack all spell similar to meteor, blizzard, sandstorm, humongofrog, and storm’s tempest.

Like the Goat of Death – Death also could use a low pip attack all spell. These two spells would balance these schools with the other schools at this level nicely. But a goat with laser beam? Come on, you can do better than that. How about something a bit more death like? I don’t know, maybe ghosts flying through the wizard doing damage as they go?

Love the Myth Sprite – Myth’s minions can provide a useful heal from time to time, but there is no guarantee when or if they will. This spell provides myth a way to heal itself using an in school spell in addition to the out of school fairy spell we get. This ability would be useful for all schools and would be similar to the ability Death, Balance and Fire already have (and of course life). The heal on this one might be a bit much, maybe should be a bit closer to link, although for the 4 pips, this may be pretty fair. I think the fairy spell should still give us a stronger one shot heal.

Love the Spiritual Blast – Definitely a balancing spell that Balance needs. There is already a huge amount of discussion on this topic, so I won’t add more.

Like the Tornado - The animation idea is good, but shouldn’t take very long. I’m not sure Storm needs another attack all spell for low pips, after all tempest can fill that need. But Storm could use the DOT as a learned spell, not something you have to mutate to achieve. Perhaps make this an attack and heal similar to your Myth Sprite to achieve the DOT and healing need both?

Not happy with the Healing Flame – I don’t think Fire really needs another attack and heal spell. They already have Link and Power Link. Sure this one is a one shot deal, but I don’t see it as a needed spell. Back to the drawing board with this one.

Like the Snow Dog - Like Myth above Ice could use an in school healing spell, but I think I would make this one a damage/heal over time spell as well.

Overall, nicely done. I think having a low pip attack all spell and a low pip in school healing spell for each of the schools would help to balance play in many ways. These spells would be useful to wizards that like to solo the game and to those that fight in groups, especially for mob fights.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Aritako wrote:
Love the Swarm O’ Bees – Life could definitely use a low pip attack all spell similar to meteor, blizzard, sandstorm, humongofrog, and storm’s tempest.

Thank you, I like this spell myself.

Like the Goat of Death – Death also could use a low pip attack all spell. These two spells would balance these schools with the other schools at this level nicely. But a goat with laser beam? Come on, you can do better than that. How about something a bit more death like? I don’t know, maybe ghosts flying through the wizard doing damage as they go?

I thought of that too, the only reason I used the goat is because of Chimera with the goat head. It brings death, balance, and everything together.

Love the Myth Sprite – Myth’s minions can provide a useful heal from time to time, but there is no guarantee when or if they will. This spell provides myth a way to heal itself using an in school spell in addition to the out of school fairy spell we get. This ability would be useful for all schools and would be similar to the ability Death, Balance and Fire already have (and of course life). The heal on this one might be a bit much, maybe should be a bit closer to link, although for the 4 pips, this may be pretty fair. I think the fairy spell should still give us a stronger one shot heal.

Actually, this is exactly the same as power link, except it is a myth spell with a myth creature and myth attack. Pretty much the same power in attack and same heal ratio.

Love the Spiritual Blast – Definitely a balancing spell that Balance needs. There is already a huge amount of discussion on this topic, so I won’t add more.

Like the Tornado - The animation idea is good, but shouldn’t take very long. I’m not sure Storm needs another attack all spell for low pips, after all tempest can fill that need. But Storm could use the DOT as a learned spell, not something you have to mutate to achieve. Perhaps make this an attack and heal similar to your Myth Sprite to achieve the DOT and healing need both?

Can't have spells too overpowered. If storm did get an AoE DoT spell, no way would all the storm haters agree with storm getting a healing spell too.

Not happy with the Healing Flame – I don’t think Fire really needs another attack and heal spell. They already have Link and Power Link. Sure this one is a one shot deal, but I don’t see it as a needed spell. Back to the drawing board with this one.

Yeah, was not sure about this, as it is more like a death spell. A cross between Vampire and Immolate. Why I thought it would not be too bad.

Like the Snow Dog - Like Myth above Ice could use an in school healing spell, but I think I would make this one a damage/heal over time spell as well.

I didn't quite like the damage with it for this one. Ice is the Tank, the one that takes the lead and most damage. Why I figured, giving them a nice heal over time would be a good spell. Also would help explain where Balance gets Helping hands and Availing hands.

Overall, nicely done. I think having a low pip attack all spell and a low pip in school healing spell for each of the schools would help to balance play in many ways. These spells would be useful to wizards that like to solo the game and to those that fight in groups, especially for mob fights.

Thank you, yeah, they are not all perfect, which is what the message boards are for, so people can comment, or even make suggestions.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

See, the problem is, is that this is not bringing balance to the schools, but rather turning the schools into Balance.
Half of these ideas are healing spells. I see you're trying to fill in the gaps of the schools, by adding more versatility.
The things is that this meshes all the schools into one generic blob. Where's the individuality? Why is everyone suddenly a healer?
Storm isn't getting a DOT. That's why KI gave them 2 pip bolts. That's their shield breaker! Storm isnt going to get the ability to DOT, followed by bolt spam. Thats why they dont have one.

Schools are supposed to have gaps in them. None can be perfect. We all compliment eachother.

Thank you for your opinion. Altough, this does not exactly make everyone a healer or mesh everyone.

Snow dogs is a healing spell, yes, it is like Balance's healing spells. Balance is all schools combined, so giving snow dogs to ice is not that bad of an idea.

As far as Myths goes, it is a copy of Power Link in myth form, has nothing to do with Balance or Life. Myth is most like Fire, is it not?

As for Fire, it is just combining what fire already does with a bit of a death move. Maybe not the greatest idea, but I am open to suggestions.

I know all about Balance, what balance is, what balance does. Balance is part of all schools, which is why this creates balance, not makes everyone like balance.`

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I don't see these spells as turning all schools into Balance at all. I do believe Darthjt is right in that Life and Death should have a low pip attack all spell. Every other school already does and that does not make them Balance, rather it balances these schools with them.

Likewise adding an in school healing spell to those schools that don't have that ability does not make them a Balance school. Having a low pip in school healing spell will make it much easier for wizards to solo if they choose. KI has to balance a fine line in creating an MMO that encourages cooperation of wizards between schools but not making it impossible for those that choose to or have to solo the game because of private circumstances.

Making these changes does not void the individuality of the schools.
Storm will always be able to hit harder and faster than any other school.
Life will always have the strongest healing spells and I believe should have the only heal all team spells.
Allowing Myth, Ice and Storm to have a DOT/heal over time spell provides a balance to what Fire and Death already have. This heal over time should not be as powerful as Life, but it doesn't eliminate the role of Life either.
Ice should always have the highest health and strong resistance. Zafarian gear and to some extent Waterworks gear have blurred the resistance issue somewhat, but Ice is still the tank in the game.
Death still has the lock on drain spells even with Fire's Link spells and these others if added, the drain spells are unique in that they can go through an absorb and are not blocked by it.
Fire will always have the most versatile and widest variety of DOT's
Myth remains the minion master although Death also has a wide variety of minions as well based on the per pip animate spells.

There has always been some overlap of the schools, but it does not make any of them a master of all trades. They maintain their individuality, and will even if some form of these spells is added.

It is certainly more fun to play with a group that you enjoy and work well with, but there is also a large contingent in the game that plays solo. KI has to balance the needs of both groups. These spells help to do that.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
loki1201 wrote:

One more thing..
After reading my own post I realize it was wrong of me to get heated about the Storm DOT.
So before I knock this idea, I would really like to see it implemented in Test. Let's let the community decide on this most controversial spell.

I know I shouldnt brand the entire Storm community based on the actions of some... but.. I do believe a Storm DOT is every 'spam bolters' dream.

My spam bolting theory is just a hunch of why KI has never given Storm a DOT.

So before I get flamed by all the Storms, pls try to understand that if I could think up this DOT + bolt spam strategy, that anyone can. And they will, as bolting an unshielded opponent is too tempting to resist.

PS - yes I know Im heavily basing my opinion on PvP, but if something is not fit for pvp use, then that means there is something wrong that needs to be addressed with the spell.
PvE will never allow one to test the true effectivness of a spell since AI mobs cant talk. That's why I believe PvP is the testing grounds that either make or break a spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

You're wrong on some parts. There are 3 schools that already have their gaps fully filled: Fire, Ice, and Storm. Why, you might ask? Well, their minions fill in their gaps:
Storm is all about offense, so the minion jumps in the game and shields and heals the wizard and itself.
Fire is all about attacking directly with nothing in its way, so the minion uses a whole variety of DoT's and just plain normal attacks to do the job!
Ice is all about defense, so their minion is all about offense, striking thousands of damage on the enemy!

Those 3 schools have had their gaps filled for quite the time now, but the minions have gone too weak, and they can't survive 2 rounds anymore.

Balance has all of its gaps filled? Really? Just because it takes from all other schools doesn't mean it doesn't have any gaps! It does, and at level 70, they're major ones. Look at how Balance is getting weaker AoE's, but powerful 1 enemy attacks. Finally, just finally, my school can have its own power attack! Thanks to Chimera, 1v1 is Balance's style! Balance can't block Balance, so I trained Tower Shield. Balance can't always attack head-on without any shields, because any shield will block 1 whole type of Balance's spells. Every school has its gaps now and then, but now it's just time for every wizard to fill in those gaps, that's what strategy comes from, it's the wizard's duty to be strong, not the school's.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I do apologize guys, I didin't mean to make it seem as if Balance was perfect, with no gaps.
What I should have wrote was "Balance is a jack of all trades - but master of none"
I understand that. I'm sry if it came accross the wrong way.

joujou11cool wrote:
Every school has its gaps now and then, but now it's just time for every wizard to fill in those gaps, that's what strategy comes from, it's the wizard's duty to be strong, not the school's.

This was kinda my main point actually.
Rather than filling in the gaps with Darthjt's ideas, I feel it should be up to the wizard to draw from other schools, and fill them in themselves.
Rather than your school giving you all abilities, it should be up to the wizard to spend their training points wisely, and pick spells that suit their strategy.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
Life: Un 0' original

Do you have any suggestions or thoughts of an Un O' riginal spell?

What did you have in mind? A tiny leopard that makes a thunderous roar, it Head suddenly gets twice as big as it's body, it roars and the swallows the enemy? is this better?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
I do apologize guys, I didin't mean to make it seem as if Balance was perfect, with no gaps.

What I should have wrote was "Balance is a jack of all trades - but master of none"

I understand that. I'm sry if it came accross the wrong way.

joujou11cool wrote:
Every school has its gaps now and then, but now it's just time for every wizard to fill in those gaps, that's what strategy comes from, it's the wizard's duty to be strong, not the school's.

This was kinda my main point actually.

Rather than filling in the gaps with Darthjt's ideas, I feel it should be up to the wizard to draw from other schools, and fill them in themselves.

Rather than your school giving you all abilities, it should be up to the wizard to spend their training points wisely, and pick spells that suit their strategy.

Nobody is mad at you Loki, you are entitled to your opinion. We are just trying to make this game better, make it a bit easier for some schools to solo. Not fill all gaps, but some gaps and more importantly, enhance what each school is known for.

Take Ice for instance, Ice is the tank. Known to be first, take the blunt of the attacks. Has lots of shields and defense. Would it be so uncharacteristic if Ice had the ability to heal themself? No, not as much as life can heal, or even balance. In war, do they not patch people up? No, not as good as they can in surgery or hospitals, but they patch them up good enough to stabalize them...

If you don't like something, give a suggestion, or an idea to take it's place.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

4 pips 250 - 290 Life Damage to all enemies

Yay!

Death: Goat of Death
4 pips 255 - 300 Death Damage to all enemies

Effect wise, it's good. Come up with a better creature though.

Myth: Power Imp
4 pips 55+345 Myth Damage to Enemy over 3 rounds and 40+240 heal.

No no no no no! Myth (the best school in 1v1) doesn't need a version of the best 1v1 spell (link.) We should try to balance the schools, not power up the most powerful.

4 pips 440 Death Damage, 365 Life Damage, or 550 Myth Damage

Ethereal blast is a better name (it's the common name on central as well.)

4 pips 50+375 Storm Damage to all Enemies over 3 rounds.

Storm would be overpowered if it got a spammable DoT. Raise the damage and make it 5 pips.

Fire: Flame of Healing
4 pips 300 Fire damage and gives back 1/2 to health

Death is the only school with drains, giving it to the other schools doesn't even make sense (as it isn't some kind of vital must have spell.)

4 pips 50+600 healing over 3 rounds

No, just no. Spreading healing spells out too far is not going to benefit the game. If you think ice should have a healing spell, then I guess it's good (I just don't get why you would want ice to heal.)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yay!

Thank you :D

Effect wise, it's good. Come up with a better creature though.

Um, ok, how about a King Cobra?

No no no no no! Myth (the best school in 1v1) doesn't need a version of the best 1v1 spell (link.) We should try to balance the schools, not power up the most powerful.

Well, I thought it would be interesting. Hmmm, maybe a minotaur that does only 1 swing of his axe for 4 pips. Does 440 myth damage.

Ethereal blast is a better name (it's the common name on central as well.)

Ok, fine, Ethereal Blast. It's just a name.

Storm would be overpowered if it got a spammable DoT. Raise the damage and make it 5 pips.

So, you want 5 pips 100+450 Storm Damage to all enemies over 3 rounds?

Death is the only school with drains, giving it to the other schools doesn't even make sense (as it isn't some kind of vital must have spell.)

Yeah, well, coming up with a spell for fire was not the easiest thing to do. Fire has immolate, power link, and meteor all for 4 pips. I did not want to say make firezilla the spell, but it is an option. Wanted new things is all.

No, just no. Spreading healing spells out too far is not going to benefit the game. If you think ice should have a healing spell, then I guess it's good (I just don't get why you would want ice to heal.)

Considering Ice normally goes first and is the tank, I dont find it hard to believe that they can medic themself. Maybe make this a heal self only spell. It is not as powerful as any life heal or even balance heal. If you have any suggestions, I welcome them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, this is for the next update, or hopefully, the expansion of Wysteria.

A bees nest, falls from a tree and breaks open, a swarm of bees come out and attacks all enemies.

A goat appears in a the center, snarls and rears back, shooting a lazer at all enemies.

An Imp appears, gives an evil laugh, and attacks and enemy, then turns and heals the caster.

Not sure of the animation here, but could be like chimera effects, but singularly, or a goat or ghost, a bee or lion, or a Dragon or Troll appears and does the damage, depending on which attack is being used. Ideas welcome!

Rain starts falling, lightning strikes, winds roar, A tornado comes through and hits each enemy.

A giant flame appears and shoots a ball of fire at the enemy, then turns and flicks a heal back at the caster for 1/2 the damage.

A snow dog comes out and whines a puppy cry when someone is hurt, then the snow dog backs up and gently blows a healing myst at the caster.

These are my ideas of new rank 4 spells for an upcoming update. All comments are welcome, good or bad. This does not even have to be for Wysteria, but it would follow that story line nicely.

One question I'd like to ask about the difference between the Death & Life spell's damage difference:
Why would Death go 5 more damage then Life's lower hit, but then 10 higher then Life's higher hit? Sorry, I'm just really picky at times
Spiritual blast=Perfect. The Tornado's DoT AoE is the same type I wanted for ages: Not to be Storm's new powerful spell, but just low enough to deal damage while breaking shields, perfect :-)
Fire's spell should be a DoT and a HoT, but an AoE also.
Snow Dog costs less pips then Frostbite and does more damage? :? Doesn't seem right to me...

You're good on the animations and choosing the damage, but the one that should most desperately be changed is Ice's.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I like your idea for storm spells. I'm even totally okay with Barricade acting as an Aura. An ice with a heal spell. Hmm, that would be nice to see...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:

A goat appears in a the center, snarls and rears back, shooting a lazer at all enemies.

An Imp appears, gives an evil laugh, and attacks and enemy, then turns and heals the caster.

Not sure of the animation here, but could be like chimera effects, but singularly, or a goat or ghost, a bee or lion, or a Dragon or Troll appears and does the damage, depending on which attack is being used. Ideas welcome!

Rain starts falling, lightning strikes, winds roar, A tornado comes through and hits each enemy.

A giant flame appears and shoots a ball of fire at the enemy, then turns and flicks a heal back at the caster for 1/2 the damage.

These are my ideas of new rank 4 spells for an upcoming update. All comments are welcome, good or bad. This does not even have to be for Wysteria, but it would follow that story line nicely.

One question I'd like to ask about the difference between the Death & Life spell's damage difference:
Why would Death go 5 more damage then Life's lower hit, but then 10 higher then Life's higher hit? Sorry, I'm just really picky at times
Spiritual blast=Perfect. The Tornado's DoT AoE is the same type I wanted for ages: Not to be Storm's new powerful spell, but just low enough to deal damage while breaking shields, perfect :-)
Fire's spell should be a DoT and a HoT, but an AoE also.
Snow Dog costs less pips then Frostbite and does more damage? :? Doesn't seem right to me...

You're good on the animations and choosing the damage, but the one that should most desperately be changed is Ice's.

The Difference between the Death and Life attacks are based on all rank 4 attack all spells. If you take a look at the rank 3 spells for the schools and then a look at the rank 4 attack all spells, you will see how I came up with this damage.

Interesting suggestion on the fire spell, make it an AoE DoT with heal. I will have to do some calculation to determine damage and heal amounts, will post my findings later.

Snow dogs is not an attack spell. It is a heal, like helping hands or availing hands, except for caster only.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
as storm I'd rather have an advanced cleanse spell that rids all negatives to attacks that are upon me, whether it costs 3 or 4 pips to cast I'd definitely use it

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I looooove the ideas!!! I think I speak for all life wizards when i say we should have a spell that attacks everyone for low pips(I don't have forest lord yet :-( )
Anyways the ideas were really good and I think you put a lot of time into thinking them up. So great job for that! The myth school one is a bit over powered though maybe the damage should be a little less or the heal should be toned down a bit but a great idea I wouldn't have ever thought of it, oh and the ice spell should have its heal be increased a bit right? It's almost the same amount of pips as life's regenerate spell (just one pip less) but its about half the heal maybe it should be like eight hundred?? I don't mind other schools getting heal spells as well, us Theurgist's love to share and I like to see every school have the benefits of healing. :-D Great ideas and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, if they do come to me and ill introduce them to mr arrow shooting horse man!!! 8)
Anthony Lifeheart
Level 51 GRANDMASTER Theurgist ( woot I finally made it )
Go Green!!!

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
i like the ideas for new spells especially the bee nest one EPIC BEES!!!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I like this spell.

Like the spell, but a goat? It's Death, there has to be something cooler and better than a goat.

Too much like Power Link, need something cool and Original.

I like it, but you need to figure out what animation to use.

Did you not use this or something close to this on your 10 pip spells? I like that it is a low pip AOE DOT, but you need something different.

No, too much like vampire, only this is Fire and not Death.

Oh, I like finally having a healing spell.

Interesting ideas, some are great, some need some work, and some need to start from scratch.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
well i don't see the point of these spells because w101 is mostly about mythology so coming with spells like these wont make the game mythical anymore ,but nice one with the bees.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have updated the spells thanks to all the comments and feedback. Thank you everyone. Please look over the changes and let me know what you think.