Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

talos is impossible!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the help guys!!! What I don't know is if I am supposed to use the weaker minions or the stronger ones. Neither seem to help much. What do you think? pls help!

*I have found that spirit armor works great*

Survivor
May 15, 2012
Pyrsik wrote:
How can you post something that is so utterly untrue? Impossible?If he is impossible,then please explain how other wizards have beaten him?
talos maybe impossible for some with out the right stuff and such its kinda like me and the ra boss i gotta beat to get ra

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Hideous13 wrote:
LOLZ! You are doing it all wrong dude! The way I defeat the Talos dude guy is I get a Lvl 58 and over Myth wizard that has completed and got Medusa spell and quest. I ask them to teleport to me so i can get Medua way easily. I get 3 Myth people to help 3!!!!!!!! That makes 4 on 1 or maybe not 1 coz of his minions if he gets them to help. So thats how I did it, worked for me! Ok so i will repeat it again. Get a Lvl 58 Myth and over who has the quest or completed it. Ask them to help and they will port to you. Then you and your friends go in where Talos is. Got It?

Samuel GhostHunter
GrandGrandGrandGrandMaster Conjurer
The Mythbuster
Lolz
-Now i may be wrong, but dont you have to do LVL58 quests solo?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Hideous13 wrote:
LOLZ! You are doing it all wrong dude! The way I defeat the Talos dude guy is I get a Lvl 58 and over Myth wizard that has completed and got Medusa spell and quest. I ask them to teleport to me so i can get Medua way easily. I get 3 Myth people to help 3!!!!!!!! That makes 4 on 1 or maybe not 1 coz of his minions if he gets them to help. So thats how I did it, worked for me! Ok so i will repeat it again. Get a Lvl 58 Myth and over who has the quest or completed it. Ask them to help and they will port to you. Then you and your friends go in where Talos is. Got It?

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
It's a school quest other people can't teleport to you.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
efreet was even harder cuz the boss was 15000 HP and the minion was like 2000 but I beat him. Third times a charm! Use life henchman and let him attack and heal you while you attack

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
shoey5999 on Feb 26, 2012 wrote:
hi i am trying to get Medusa but that talos guy is impossible. can you guys help me with getting a good deck and getting good gear. he has about 10,400 health
he is balance and starts with seven power pips. his minion is also balance and has around 1,400 health.
Yea, most of the bosses around higher levels are hard. Right now i am stuck on the boss trying to get Healing Current!!!! I would probably have it done already, but i accidentally sold my WW boots. And i farmed Waterworks a lot kind of like ATM i am doing with ML for Storm Crowns gear!!!! I have the whole FlameBorn Sidhe gear! And not a single piece of Squrimish gear! I will probably have grey hair before i get it but you know i want it so bad!

P.S.- I am the person why likes to farm ** A LOT**

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Wow my 58 death boss had about 13,450 health or so and his minion 1,010.I needed a block rating of 100 or higher.He criticaled 67% of the time.The bad part was bone dragon was not worth it for me.I kept 0 in my deck until I started pvping again.AT lvl 63.The only reason I did the boss is cause I want dr. von and avenging fossil.

Tyler Legendfriend 71 & the others who have done the quest.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
I had this same problem dude. I had to wait till level 68 till I was strong enough to kill him. At each level, I had lost to him over 5 times. Hardest boss in the entire game if you ask me. He is impossible at first but as others mentioned out they beat him. I would bet anything they had the same trouble. Use minotaur minion a lot and have A LOT of tower shields, I recommend treasure card versions.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
:o really i haven't gotten there yet but thanks for the tip
  • and life is the best school everyeah!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Hideous13 wrote:

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
The first thing I have to day about this is that your reply is just. flipping. wrong. You HAVE to do the level 58 and 68 spell quests ALONE. There are no shortcuts. Plus, it's just like the Avalon quest in which you get Detonate: it's not a dungeon, you have to go in alone and do the battle there. Alone. Whenever someone tries to teleport to you, it'll say that you're busy. Once again, you have to do these quests ALONE.

Logan Darkflame, level 77 Pyromancer
"Don't Mess with the Keeper of the Flame"

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
look i killed him the second time by myself. and i do not agree whith the other post saying you need four peaple he is not that hard that you need that many players if he is that hard for you go do some side quest and get bigger and try again it nice to earn something for your self once in a while instead of expecting someone else to do it for you

K.spiritweaver
level 68

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
shoey5999 on Feb 26, 2012 wrote:
hi i am trying to get Medusa but that talos guy is impossible. can you guys help me with getting a good deck and getting good gear. he has about 10,400 health
he is balance and starts with seven power pips. his minion is also balance and has around 1,400 health.
You think talos is hard? I'm life and i had to defeat Gristletusk to get mine. He has 2,000 more health than him and he is life. And it would not allow taking anyone else. So i took the advice online and put some minions in my deck. This will either:

1. Do as the minion does: Help with attacks and such maybe some healing.
2. Distract the boss when you are at low health to kill him.

This doesn't just work with life. It works with myth because you have a lot of minions. Don't get discouraged if this does not work the first time. It took me 17 and then 3 more using this method to win.

Amber Rainbowstone level 61
Seirra Hex level 33

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Intrepidatius wrote:
How can you post something that is so utterly untrue? Impossible?If he is impossible,then please explain how other wizards have beaten him?
He/she is at least trying. And i know a person who spent 2 months trying to defeat Medusa. I had to help along with 2 other wizards i was killed 2nd

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
He is a pretty tough boss. It took me 7 tries to defeat him. It is possible to do it without crowns. Some things you need:

Tower Shield
Maxed Out Healing Spells
Tons of traps/blades
Stuns
Minions(The golem costs 0 pips and the boss may use major attack on him)

To defeat him, i started by putting a ton of shields on. This blocked him from any further attacks. Next, you put on Amplify, Traps, and blades. If trained use your spiritual blades. Kill the helper first. It gives you less of a threat to deal with. And after every hit, heal.
That is how i defeated talos.
Lucas Trollpants 61

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
You're very lucky, we pyromancers had to fight an ice krokotopian with around 15,000 health and a storm minion.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
For some reason I can't get the quest for talos an I'm level 57 almost to medusa and I'm worried that if I get medusa I mad not be able to get talos plz help me and. P.s I haven't done ravenscar yet

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
dwayalways1 wrote:
either you are a idiot or you are stupid they wont let people port to you while you are in battle for a quest like that!

Rachel Daisyward lvl 78 myth wizard
Savannah lifestock lvl 69 life wizard
Alyssa moonbeam lvl 80 ice wizard
Monica lvl 80 balance wizard
That was extremely rude of you, surprised it got posted. As for the level 58 quest, I don't know if its still needed, but try looking on Wizard101 Central for guides.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Hideous13 wrote:

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
People can't port in though so.... That defeats your idea. Sorry

Rachel Skytalon, Level 58

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
He and I worked each other over this morning and he lost. I didn't know of the cheat before hand.

Basic strategy - use a cyclops minion and shield often. I used a few tc healing spells. Most of the time I would shield, bring up minion, shield, attack, shield, perhaps a blade ( but he counters with a trap ), shield, replace minion, attack, etc. By not blading a lot it keeps him from doing more damage on me. The minion probably did 1/3 of the damage.

I also placed a time of legand dome (+25%) and crafted the chieftan gear from wintertusk.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Try buying crown minions and using treasure cards they really help me I was defeating this ice aligater guy for my efreet spell he was 15,000 heath but I had like 10 ice shields and a fire elemental minion and a life lvl 50 minions and I lasted never going below heath 1,000 LOL

Elizabeth lvl 60
see you in the spiral!

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
plz remeber orthrus does 50 attack then 650 attack we have to put more than 1 spirit trap and myth trap and he cheats when u cast any of that stuff so yeah its hard i still haven't beaten him and i am level 61

Blaze FireSwrod lvl. 61

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
Daniel Fireflame on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
You're very lucky, we pyromancers had to fight an ice krokotopian with around 15,000 health and a storm minion.
dude fire is good against ice so duh u have the advantage

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
Hideous13 wrote:

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
ok due one thing you must do this kind of quest on your own so i kinda think you are making this up cause' its not that easy

Blaze FireSwrod lvl 61