Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

talos is impossible!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2011
hi i am trying to get Medusa but that talos guy is impossible. can you guys help me with getting a good deck and getting good gear. he has about 10,400 health
he is balance and starts with seven power pips. his minion is also balance and has around 1,400 health.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
shoey5999 wrote:
hi i am trying to get Medusa but that talos guy is impossible. can you guys help me with getting a good deck and getting good gear. he has about 10,400 health
he is balance and starts with seven power pips. his minion is also balance and has around 1,400 health.

Tips on beating these types of quests can be had at the www.wizard101central.com web site. I usually print them out and follow them step by step to get these difficult quests completed. As for gear, having the best available for you level is always the best way to go. Check the Bazaar for that.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
shoey5999 wrote:

How can you post something that is so utterly untrue? Impossible?If he is impossible,then please explain how other wizards have beaten him?

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
shoey5999 wrote:

LOLZ! You are doing it all wrong dude! The way I defeat the Talos dude guy is I get a Lvl 58 and over Myth wizard that has completed and got Medusa spell and quest. I ask them to teleport to me so i can get Medua way easily. I get 3 Myth people to help 3!!!!!!!! That makes 4 on 1 or maybe not 1 coz of his minions if he gets them to help. So thats how I did it, worked for me! Ok so i will repeat it again. Get a Lvl 58 Myth and over who has the quest or completed it. Ask them to help and they will port to you. Then you and your friends go in where Talos is. Got It?

Samuel GhostHunter
GrandGrandGrandGrandMaster Conjurer
The Mythbuster
Lolz

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
You are right man. Talos is near impossible. I am having a problem with him too. I do not have the ice school shields, and no healing other than the the one given to me in wizard city. I do not know what to do either. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I have tried taking out the minion first, and using the minions I have worked for. I just cannot get passed him.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
I was worried too, but I was almost out of crowns and decided to solo after Talos, so I bought 2 Level 40 Storm Henchman. They only cost 40 crowns but they are huge attackers. They probably took out half of his life.

Cheryl
Level 59 Myth
Scarecrow Realm

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
i Will help you my charicters name is logan dragonflame im level 64 balence wizard meet me at the commons around 11:15 in front of the headmasters house tomarow area 1 woo please be there
shoey5999 wrote:

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Put lots of minions in your hand. Get plenty T- heal cards. As your minion fight heal yourself. Let your minion due as much of the battle as possible. Concentrate on healing yourself as much as possible. Attack when your health is high. Set a limit to how low you will let your health drop, than concentrate on healing yourself. Don't let your health go below 50%.

Unfortunately, you can't get help with this quest. It is a solo.

Hope this helps.

Suri Spiritrider LV 77

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
This is weird.I'm a pyromancer and when I got to lvl 58,I got Efreet.The boss had 15,000 and the minion had 2,000.I did it solo because you can't port to me when I'm in the room where I fought him.He was ice.So what i did was buy a lot of ice shields.I got fireblade,elemental blade,fire trap,fuel,wyldefire,and feint.I did all of that and did critical and killed him.So for you is mythblade,spiritual blade,myth trap,time of legends,and feint.BAM.You kill him with Orthrus and you might get lucky and critical.So there you have it.Buy tower shields too. :)It helps a lot. :D

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
When i battle talos i lose the first time, but guess whats the second time? You got that right, i was prepare, with treasure medusa's in my deck !
Took me A LOT of time to finish, but it was worth it!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
all you need to do is either if you have crowns get 1 lvl 80 life minion 1 lvl 60 myth and 1 lvl 60 death if you dont have crowns get the treant polymorph use all your minotaur minions and cyclops minions and put 4 polymorph into caulassus :D

adam battleblade
lvl 60 (master) myth wizard

Survivor
May 03, 2012
i will help you to the fullest of my ablity if you can do me a small favor in return. gift me any amount and i will be forever greatful!!
shoey5999 wrote:

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Lol talos sound easy, I am fire I had to fight a cheating boss with 15,000 health and the minion had over 1,000 health. The boss put on tower shields and every time I put a blade or a shield on myself he would give me a 70% trap on me. Don't be complaining yours is impossible, my was way harder.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
I was defeated twice before finding this post and it gave me a few ideas,
like sanmil0963 said put in tons of healing and minions.

Use the little wooden golems to hit the bad guys and as a source of healing. The minotar minion is great at doing about 1000 or so damage each. I've never purchased henchmen, our minions do a great job. I used about 4 wooden golems 2 were used for health. and 2 minotuar minions. Between the minions they did over 2000 damagae to boss and minion.

I put in a few of the lower pip spells to do several in a row for the minon so i could also heal between. Be aware of your pips for attacking and healing.

DO NOT USE TRAPS OR BLADES. Every time you place a blade, trap, shield, absorb, whatever, Talos will place a 35% trap on you. This isn't his turn, it's his cheat. I was hit with a hydra with an element blade, balance blade, element trap, and then 2 35% traps. Thankfully I had a shield for each element so it was just over 200 damage per element but that's with 80% shields. Use the enhancements like Gargantuan or Monstrous to increase the damage on your spells. Either trained or treasure cards. He's going to do a lot of balance shiels so do a lot of spells in a row or do minotaurs and orthrus, the first hit knocks the shield the second is all damage. You can use a Fortify, the aura that shields 15% damage without him setting a trap. It's not a lot but it helps. Medusa treasure cards are a good idea. He is NOT stun immune so he will be stunned for 2 rounds. Use that time wisely. Set a time of legend as early as possible, it will earn you a 35% trap but it will increase ALL myth spells for you and your minons.

LOTS of healing. I set minion after minon and just healed myself. I had 4 pixies and 4 saytrs in my deck. 3 more pixie treasure cards as well as 1 helping hands, 1 availing hands and 1 regeneration and used all but 2 of the saytrs. I had gotten down to 400 health a couple of times, as far down as 87% health. Thankfully I went first and I had a healing spell and the pips in hand. Remember pixie's are 100% acquracy, NO other healing spell is. They DO fizz. They also can go critical.

Make sure your gear has some critical block. Talos had quite a few critical spells. He also blocks critical spells.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with Talos. You're going to need to go to the bizaar and get treasure cards. It's not a short fight, but not too long either.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
Hideous13 wrote:
shoey5999 wrote:

LOLZ! You are doing it all wrong dude! The way I defeat the Talos dude guy is I get a Lvl 58 and over Myth wizard that has completed and got Medusa spell and quest. I ask them to teleport to me so i can get Medua way easily. I get 3 Myth people to help 3!!!!!!!! That makes 4 on 1 or maybe not 1 coz of his minions if he gets them to help. So thats how I did it, worked for me! Ok so i will repeat it again. Get a Lvl 58 Myth and over who has the quest or completed it. Ask them to help and they will port to you. Then you and your friends go in where Talos is. Got It?

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
either you are a idiot or you are stupid they wont let people port to you while you are in battle for a quest like that!

Rachel Daisyward lvl 78 myth wizard
Savannah lifestock lvl 69 life wizard
Alyssa moonbeam lvl 80 ice wizard
Monica lvl 80 balance wizard

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
dwayalways1 wrote:
Hideous13 wrote:
shoey5999 wrote:

Samuel GhostHunter
The Mythbuster
Lolz
either you are a idiot or you are stupid they wont let people port to you while you are in battle for a quest like that!

Rachel Daisyward lvl 78 myth wizard
Savannah lifestock lvl 69 life wizard
Alyssa moonbeam lvl 80 ice wizard
Monica lvl 80 balance wizard
Your being rude and i am surprised you bypassed the mods with that comment.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
If you want to beat Talos then dont give up so easily! I tried about five times before succeeding and there is no need to use treasure cards or minions or whatever. It is possible, if you have good strategies and don't give up.

PS: some luck is involved, if he criticals you from the start you are mainly toast.

Travis StormGlade lvl 66 Myth wizard

Historian
May 28, 2009
To win, you must put all types of blades and traps on you and him, then when all is set, use shatter to get rid of shields before using Orthrus to attack. If not win, then try again to buff, heal, shatter, orthrus and repeat

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Taking out the minion should be your first priority. one treasure card medusa will do the job since the minion doesn't have critical block. For battling talos i recommend tower shields,balance dispels,treant polymorph for healing and attack,and lots of minions myth,life and death and if you have a krokopatra minion she does tons of damage elemental shields and gear that has alot of critical block.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
shoey5999 on Feb 26, 2012 wrote:
The Spells that are known that Talos uses are: Spirit Shield Elemental Shield Balance Blade Elemental Blade Hex Elemental Trap SandStorm Spectral Blast Hydra Judgement. He has a lot of Elemental Spells so watch out for those. To dodge those spells, Elemental Shield and Tower Shield could help in the battle. Get a pet that can use Sprite to heal you. Not a pet who has Unicorn because that spell can only be used once. He has a boost to Death Life and Myth so since you are Myth. Use a lot of Myth Blades, Myth Traps ETC. (anything that can help you in battle)

Historian
May 28, 2009
Do not use earthquake spell. It will remove even your own traps. You gotta use blades and do not care about the hex.

Use orthrus as the only real attack you use. This is the plan:

1. Take down minion
2. Blade and traps
3. Heal
4. Blades and traps
5. Heal
6. Shatter
7. Orthrus
8. Repeat steps 2-7

You will win easily now!

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Talos is NOTHING compared to what us fire wizards have to beat.we have to kill a boss with 15,400 health+minion with i think 2,500 health.What i did was get to lvl 50 henchmen, one life and one ice, and loaded my deck with converts and helephants. For myth i would suggest a lvl 50 life and storm henchmen and add converts then use either orthrus or humongofrog. Orthrus is for getting rid of myth shields and humongofrog for spamming.Instead of orthrus you could use minotaur.i used orthrus for a larger amount of damage.Hope this helps

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
shoey5999 on Feb 26, 2012 wrote:
Um... Some advice, kill the minion first before focusing on the main boss! Trust me, it works every time. I only soled the Jade Oni because it was solo too!

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Guys guys guys. Orthrus and minions are your best friends here. You dont need any tc or henchmen. Keep one or 2 heals in your hand and have earthquakes minotaurs and othruses in your deck then put any cards you want in the deck. Also keep the max amount of blades for myth blade and spirit blade. Keep orthrus minotaur and earthquake at full amount of cards in your deck by this i mean keep the maximum amount of those cards in your deck. put in 2-3minotaur minions and 2-3 cyclops minion. Easy win. Remember to heal!