Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level to 70 without Questing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
KI,

There are players out there that love playing PVP. I better than a good game of strategic chess. Anyone who more than one wizard level 70 has had the enjoyment of questing.

After the first time I endured the questing four more times to level 60.

Now I have 2 level 70 and 3 level 60. No offense, I love the concept, but I personally find no enjoyment in doing the quests. The go over there, come back, kill them, bring me this back works for a lot of people. I just can't do it anymore. However, the pvp has kept me a strong member for over two years now.

How about a path of letting people pay to level for pvp? $500+ to start a new wizard and level up just for pvp. OR perhaps the better question is how much would it take to this?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I disagree, sorry. People would just pay to level up completely, then no skill wouild be required to attain level 70.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Firstly:$500?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you kidding? Nobody would pay that much to level up through PvP!
Secondly: I leveled up through dungeons and fighting, and am currently in The Tower Archives and Sudrilund. I'm level 54, almost level 55. most people would be around level 50 to have only these worlds open to them, and I'm probably exxagerating, but you still don't have to quest to level up.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I posted a thread on making questing fun:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3348927#post3348927

Paying to level-up your character isn't a bad idea, but I think $500 dollars is a little much... (who would spend $3,500 dollars to have an account full of level 70 wizards?)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You probably couldn't get away with just paying to have a level 70. No game allows you (without using an illegal third party) to purchase a max level character like that. However, you indicated that it gets boring to level up multiple characters. Other games do allow you to get secondary high level characters as a reward for doing it the first time. An example is WoW's Death Knight concept, but that is a separate class/school (maybe diversification in PvP?). It would be hard to justify giving you a completely different school at level 70 for simply paying for it, compared to all the work others put into mastering that school through all that questing grind.

The other option is allowing for more quest options to get a player to level 70, instead of the main quests required during your first go around.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
I disagree, sorry. People would just pay to level up completely, then no skill wouild be required to attain level 70.

If someone cannot make it to level 70 (for difficulty reasons), then they have negative skill.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
what do you mean no skill? Even if what you are saying is true; so what. Someone is level 70 with no skill. The only reason why I would have any interest in doing this is for pvp. So you would be dueling a level 70 against a person you say would have no skill, why would that be a bad thing for you.

As far as who would pay $500 to level up a wizard instant without questing? I would. It would be worht it to me in not having to go through all that boring questing again with the sole goal of doing it for pvp.

Make it an option with the stork guy. Right after the option of buying back points. Or make it whatever price you think would be worth.

There are people out there that play this game only for the pvp.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Temperest wrote:
what do you mean no skill? Even if what you are saying is true; so what. Someone is level 70 with no skill. The only reason why I would have any interest in doing this is for pvp. So you would be dueling a level 70 against a person you say would have no skill, why would that be a bad thing for you.

As far as who would pay $500 to level up a wizard instant without questing? I would. It would be worht it to me in not having to go through all that boring questing again with the sole goal of doing it for pvp.

Make it an option with the stork guy. Right after the option of buying back points. Or make it whatever price you think would be worth.

There are people out there that play this game only for the pvp.
If you could just buy your way past the wrolds of wizard what would be the point of creating them? KI's work would be wasted, i would personally stop playing and i bet a lot of others would to. If you did it just for the pvp would that mean players who did not pay to lvl up would not be able to pvp? I would quit if that happened.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
If you could just buy your way past the wrolds of wizard what would be the point of creating them? KI's work would be wasted, i would personally stop playing and i bet a lot of others would to. If you did it just for the pvp would that mean players who did not pay to lvl up would not be able to pvp? I would quit if that happened.

If people are willing to pay money to skip the worlds, then KI's work was wasted from the start. The only difference this makes is it allows you to skip the wasted work, rather then having to bare through it.