Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water Works Clothes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
So i been having this problem that i cant get any other Water Works clothes but the Firestarter hat.I did Water Works a lot of times and never got any other Firestarter gear.Somebody please help me with this.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
There's no other way than to farm and keep farming, it's annoying but currently only way to get waterworks gear.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sukipie wrote:
So i been having this problem that i cant get any other Water Works clothes but the Firestarter hat.I did Water Works a lot of times and never got any other Firestarter gear.Somebody please help me with this.

That is how Waterworks is, some people get lucky, others agonize with that dungeon over and over again and get nothing. For my first wizard a Life I was to the last quest in Zafaria when I finally got the robe, by then did it really matter, I would say no, did I feel a sense of accomplishment, no I felt like a tart wasting all those hours on something I clearly did with out just fine? For my Death I got the robe on second try and crafted the Wintertusk gear for the rest. For my storm I crafted all the Wintertusk gear and said forget about Waterworks. After the first 20 times or so these places become more annoying then fun for me, so I have decided if they can at all be avoided I will. Other wise you can tie up hours, days or even weeks of game play trying for these items that by the time you do get them better stuff is probably out there.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sukipie wrote:

If you craft and have access to Wintertusk you can craft some pretty decent gear from there, I have done the helmet, which gives nice stats and blade, for all my high level wizards so far - Life, Death and Storm. For my Storm rather then do WW at all I crafted all the Wintertusk gear and she is doing quite well with it in Zafaria.

I used my Life wizard to craft all because she has the level of crafting to be able to and then just put it in the shared bank for the other wizard. You actually create the gear at the ice cave in Grizzlehiem so you don't need a special station for it. I have to say with a little research on the fan site, I was able to gather the ingredients faster then doing WW over and over again, it also helped that I have several wizards that I could transfer stuff from to make them. My biggest time spent was collecting kelp to transmute.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
The Waterworks drop rate is random, so it's kinda hard to get anything good at all. Especially if you're one of theese super unlucky people that don't get the right item until thier 1,000,000,000 try. However, I managed to get mine because I hit hard a lot. I'm not sure if this happens to any of you, but it seems that when you hit a lot, you get the gear much faster.

Savannah Moon
Transcended Thuergist