Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do people really get muted for ten years?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
People talk about people getting muted for ten years. Is this true. I myself have never been muted, but my friend seems to be. He can see what I say but talks in menu. I asked if he got muted and said yes in menu. I have seen this 2 or 3 times actually. Is this true. One logged on another account and said he was muted for ten years. If this is true I think it is a little out of hand. I feel one year is a good punishment, due to the fact many MMOs don't last ten years, and it is doubtful to think wizard would last ten plus years. Any elaboration would be nice, Ty.

Administrator
Yes. When a player has proven that the cannot abide by the rules in place we revoke their chat privileges. This allows them to continue to play the game, however they cannot chat.

This method of sanction is in lieu of completely banning the player from playing at all.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
ty proffessor for the clarification. Does ten years sound a little rough to you? Is this a rare occation for people to get muted like this? I would expect they have been warned numerous times beforehand? maybe you could mute them for a week to warn them and show them what it would be like, if they continue then the ten years is put into play. (This may save you some subscribers too)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
better to be muted than ban

this way if you have a membership you don't loose it

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Anyone who is muted for 10 years deserves what they get in my opinion.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
All that I am saying is not 100% assured, but is what I was told.

My friend claimed that he had is account hacked and when he told KI they did not believe him. The way his account was hacked is still a mystery to me. All I know of is this, KI has muted him for ten years. He told me on his brothers account. He also said to me that he told KI and they would not believe him. they believe he gave his password away. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not but that is all I know. I can't blame KI, but is there a way for them to know if someone hacked his account?

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Administrator
If he was muted for 10 years, then his chat log was audited. If our team found evidence of account information exchange, that would result in his sanction.

We can only discuss private account matters with the account holder via email. He is welcome to contact our support team by sending an email to support@wizard101.com and request the chat log that resulted in his sanction.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
If he was muted for 10 years, then his chat log was audited. If our team found evidence of account information exchange, that would result in his sanction.

We can only discuss private account matters with the account holder via email. He is welcome to contact our support team by sending an email to support@wizard101.com and request the chat log that resulted in his sanction.

i will tell him this. If he will e-mail you is still not certain. I will surely tell him as soon as i can.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
SEAN638 wrote:
All that I am saying is not 100% assured, but is what I was told.

My friend claimed that he had is account hacked and when he told KI they did not believe him. The way his account was hacked is still a mystery to me. All I know of is this, KI has muted him for ten years. He told me on his brothers account. He also said to me that he told KI and they would not believe him. they believe he gave his password away. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not but that is all I know. I can't blame KI, but is there a way for them to know if someone hacked his account?

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

If they dig deep enough, yes, they can tell. Each computer has it's OWN IP ADDRESS. And if he did give his password away, then he deserved what he got.

Professor Greyrose has already told you that an audit was done of his chat logs if he really was muted regardless of how long. KI has servers set up to log EVERYTHING you do or say in the game.