Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

About the censor...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I'm not one to openly complain much but the censoring in this game is just a WEE bit sensitive. Is there any chance that they'll be tweaking it soon?

I'm sure a lot of you agree that the censor is a bit too strict, I mean I'm not asking for curse words to be allowed but when random, harmless words can't be said, that's when it goes too far.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
The only thing I have a problem with is the numbers. Doing Big Ben last night I needed to take care of a few issues before we started part 3, only I couldn't figure out how to tell the others: I just need 10 minutes.

I would think KI could find a way to allow 2 number words or even one. If kids want to get around a filter to pass phone numbers trust me they will find a way without that.

Otherwise I have no problem with the very minimal amount of censoring they do!

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
I agree with having the censors, eventhough I too have found myself in need of letting others know that I will be back in a few minutes. Granite, having one or two numbers would give the opportunity of phone numbers being let out but again, like Cynical said, if kids really want to, they'd get around it. I've seen it happen in the Spiral already. Using certain words are very easily to figure out. I will not post any so I don't give ideas but I know it can be done.

I think the censors should stay but at the same time it would be alot easier to tell people that the next boss has 5,000 health points without having to code it out. Lol

See ya in the spiral,

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009

Censors are probably the most protective piece in the game.

From what I am hearing, the censor is usually for children about 5 to 9 years old( I am not saying you are a baby). This is because Certain types of people try to obtain Phone Numbers or Addresses. This is taken into action so not to infringe on the Privacy Policy of KingsIsle.

Hope this helps!
~Version2

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Dad here...

I agree - too sensitive. I mean come on: 'snack' is suppressed?! My son can't say 'BRB grabbing a snack'?!