Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm at 1v1 PvP.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
So I been watching many fights of Transcended Storm wizards on ranked PvP.

The ratio was 1 out 10, a Storm wizard would win a 1v1 PvP ranked battle.

So my question is Storm really bad for 1v1? If so, in another words Storm can't do 1v1 PvP? While must schools can actually join any 1v1 to 4v4 PvP.

Many players have told me, that Storm is good with team matches... But what about if I don't have a team?

Keep in mind I not the one battling, just watching the fights. This is just observation for over one week.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
The reason is because A: Everyone have storm shields, and a lit of them. B: The storm wizard has to high of intentions on killing fast, therefore they die before their opponent is dead because every time they hit their is a shield.

Personally if you want to be good at 1v1 storm, use storm elfs.

@jackflame

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have seen some really good storms rock my head pretty quickly.
So if a Storm has 40 plus resist, max hitting power, and a good stratergy with the deck setup correctly, they should be able to pull off a lot of wins.

Problem is, most storms I see try to play a slow tempo, wrong thing to do.
On the other side, if a player gives storm time, the more time they give them, the more likely the storm will win.

So a lot of factors play into this, but none more than the setup of the Storm and the stratergy they use. I will say, the Storm that use Shatter and Storm elf, are the ones that I most worry about.

Joe.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
I have seen some really good storms rock my head pretty quickly.
So if a Storm has 40 plus resist, max hitting power, and a good stratergy with the deck setup correctly, they should be able to pull off a lot of wins.

Problem is, most storms I see try to play a slow tempo, wrong thing to do.
On the other side, if a player gives storm time, the more time they give them, the more likely the storm will win.

So a lot of factors play into this, but none more than the setup of the Storm and the stratergy they use. I will say, the Storm that use Shatter and Storm elf, are the ones that I most worry about.

Joe.
Agreed. The secret to being a Master of Storm is hitting fast, but making sure you can change tactics if the need arises. Makr good use of Kraken, Triton, and Storm Lord especially, good ol' Zeus can be good at clearing the way for a combo. Unless you have a pet that gives the Storm Beetle card, which works even better when going first.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
my storms ratio for wins and losses past lvl 55, 7 wins 1 loss. i find that enchantments like gargantuan help a TON. Use low pip spells with ww gear and you can do a ton of damage.

Defender
May 29, 2011
I have seen some beast storm wizards out there, and as a pvp warlord myself, I have been beaten by many storm wizards. Well, one is most storms try to kill as fast as possible but you still have to balance your defense at the same time which can be challenging. What I would do is when i'm extremely desperate, insane bolt untill it kills me or the opponent. The bad hing is, most people expect that from storm and know how to prepare agaist them. I think its cause storm is the most predictable school and my goal is to be unpredictable.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Ok, now this may seem crazy, but storm is one of the only schools that has a good chance at beating ICE! Try a wildbolt spam, and DONT use insane bolt. Those are some tips I will give you. Dont stack up the pips, keep your opponent worried about their health more than killing you. Krakens help a ton man. :)

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Thanks guys, I will keep the helpful tips in mind.

But yea I seen Storm wizard lose battle so easily to Myth and Ice.

I don't really will like to face those school since they have the biggest advantage over Storm.

I'll just gonna keep watching duels, maybe one day Storm would be improve and be fair enough to PvP against other powerful schools.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
As a low-level myth, I never seem to beat storms. They have me on my toes all the time, and right before I get a good hit in, BOOM SHIELDSHOT! It's like how you guys see storm is how I get beaten... :?

Kane Drake
PvP Veteran, former Knight

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
The average player cannot infact play a Storm, but, truth is, Storm is easier to play in 1v1 than team. Why? Bolts! Your bolts will always be your best spells as a Storm. So, why make them hit 1/2 of your overall opposition? Why expose yourself to two wizards when you can merely defend against one?

People have sayed that Storm is shielded too easily. We can also break shields very well: Storm wands, Storm Elves, other low rank Storm spells, Storm Hound thanks to the amulet, even Infallable! I know Infallable doesn't technically break them, but it does pierce shields AND armor. Into a tower shield (treasure subtracting 20%) you will deal with 30%. Then, the other 70% of your spell will have 40% of it negated, taking Infallable into account, 20%. 20% of 70% is 14%. So your spell will inflict 56% as opposed to the 60% it would have done taking the shield down. You also save a turn.

I can see my foe's Efreet or Chimera from a mile away: others can be predicted, too. Even if you don't have towers, people will expect to need less to kill you, since you'll be Storm. Then, couldn't you simply pull a treasure card tower? The same is true for Storms predictability in general. Thanks to it, no one sees it coming when you duel off the paved path.

Anyway, goodluck in PvP,
Valkoor Stormrunner, player of Storm warlords