Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizardry Sport Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
I think it would be a cool thing to add a sport to the Wizard101 game. There could be a stadium next to the Hub Area on each world, and a place to sign in.

The sport would be similar to the Harry Potter game of Quiddich. (is that how it's spelled?) There are queues for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 and 7v7. Wizards fly on their brooms, 5 players on each team (Team Chaos [death], The
Satyrs [life], The Legends [myth], The Bolts [storm], The Flames [fire], The Blizzards [ice], and Team Justice [balance])
The goal is to use your mana energy to guide the Astral Orb into a floating ring. Every time that happens, the team who scored gets 1 point. A game has two periods of three minutes. If it is tied at the end, the game ends in a tie.
Everyone on one team must have the same school of focus. Matching against other school teams is random.

Positions: (chosen at the beginning of the game)
striker: tries to get the orb in the goal ring
keeper: defends the orb from entering the ring
tracer: basically like a midfielder, who travels around the field, passing and sometimes shooting
defender: steals the ball from enemy strikers and tracers and passes it up.

Players per game:
2v2 one tracer and one keeper
3v3 one tracer, one keeper and one striker
4v4 one keeper, striker, tracer, and defender
5v5 two tracers, one striker, one keeper, and one defender
6v6 two defenders, two tracers, one striker, and one keeper
7v7 one defender, three tracers, one keeper, and two strikers]

Tell me your thoughts and suggest your own Wizardry sport!

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Like it, but the school limited teams would get on peoples nerves and would there be ya know like a trademark on quidditch (i think thats how its spelled).
Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Idk about this one, but I have an idea I am going to post on another thread. A type of Wizardly Sport for all to enjoy :D