Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP ARENA IS UNBALANCED

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
And BOY when i try to play ranked i get some nice grandmasters aiming for Warlord rank. This is totally unbalanced. Ranked should have its limits as well.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
The idea of my 21st Level /647 Rank Storm Wizard having to now constantly battle 45+Level/400-600 Rank Wizards is ludicrous.

It has nothing to do with skill when you only have 1000 hitpoints and must face Helephants and Tritons.

This will NOT "eventually" even out as was suggested because KI will be resetting everyone's rank with each new PvP Season.

The equation is not working. If KI plans to award the highest ranked in 5 tiers spanning 10 levels a piece, as is suggested in the new PvP Preview, then Rank needs to be removed from the matchup equation.

My defeat by a 45 lvl wizard should not be effecting my rank and standing in the 20-30 level bracket.

The ability of Chainstun teams to pad their individual Rank is another issue, but one that is just as important.

As a subscriber rather than a Crown player, one of my FEW perks is the ability to participate in Ranked PvP Matches. If these issues are not addressed, then it won't take much to either leave the game entirely, or become a Gamecard/Crown player and enjoy all the cool unique gifts associated with that method of payment.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
fiestywench wrote:
Seems like everytime i go and sign up for a pvp battle, lets say me and the other guy on my team are lvl 13, yet the people who are fighting against us are lvl 40!! Why is this? Can't you make things more balanced? Oh and when i lose connection from what appears to be your malfunction, it still has me online yet i cannot see any shield or life meter ! I was hoping to find a place to report bugs but it's too much work. I know of ALOT of bugs that are current and have been for about 4 months now. why do you never fix them?
I really dont care what level they are I stoped caring because at level 12, I killed an ADEPT with a cyclops with four traps:30% 25% 35% and a hex that does 30% and try a cyclops that you put a tough on it then cast it watch the damage stack up.Back to subject before you enter a battle, Look at there level! Instead of going into battle and getting killed and be mad later.I know that was bad advis but thats what i can think of at 1:26am Bye MATES
Jack Angeltalon:level 20 Adept

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Someone earlier in this post noted about waiting for a LONG time for a fight if they were ranged/tiered and I think that's an excellent point.

Personally, I don't mind fighting someone higher level. for me a dual is about the challenge, not the win. Yes, winning is fun but I honestly don't mind fighting a higher level character; it teaches me survivability.

I have a long history with MMORPG's and have to say that generally speaking I really like this PvP format. You still gain from losing and rank gives no DIRECT benefit beyond stature so who cares if you lose "points".

I went almost a half hour against a player 9 levels higher than me and although ultimately outmached, the fight was one of the most fun I've had.

----Final Thought ----

As far as treasure cards go... I don't use them in duels. I honestly wouldn't mind if they were removed completely as they add a "random" element to the fight. Why not remove the ability to use treasure cards in the arena and force players to be reliant on their own innate abilities? In my opinion this would only serve to make them better at their class.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
This all sound interesting but PVP is not suppose to be easy at all.
I die a lot of time. Even when using Treasure balance cards. Until i started to Trading treasure cards with Balance and Storm Character. I was able to whip a grandmaster. At my level 38. 8)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Pippster wrote:
How to fix PVP.

1) Agree with the level filter, this is a big one.

2) The chatting in arena needs to be removed, the people that play begging for you to lose so they can get crowns or armor or whatever is so annoying

3) The pass button removed. Or only allowed three passes, numerous matches lost due to someone passing because they want to where you down on annoyanceis just out of control because you did not forfit the match because they asked you to.

Level the Treasure cards to apporiate levels someone at level 6 using a dragon card is way over the top!

well if they get rid of the pass button how will people wait time out to get a high ranked spell like wraith?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009

well IDK what good it'll do to complain as well, but your all right. I am a level 5 and the higher my rank gets the higher my opponents get. I mean, come on, like a level 5 really has a chance fighting levels 16-22? It really should be matched by level to balance out the deck size, health, and strength of the cards. As well the power pips. This is why I'm deleting my nephews and I's subscriptions . I'll also be writing a review in on my gamer society's forum stating how bad the pvp system is and if you want the same game play, save your cash and have your kids play Zelda 64

PLS FIX THE ARENA !

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
well IDK what good it'll do to complain as well, but your all right. I am a level 5 and the higher my rank gets the higher my opponents get. I mean, come on, like a level 5 really has a chance fighting levels 16-22? It really should be matched by level to balance out the deck size, health, and strength of the cards. As well the power pips. there is only two ways to get power pips at level 5 and both require buying items with cash and even so its only a 3% chance with both the item and the pet equipped .

PLS FIX THE ARENA !

1) set level groups so each player has the same level cards
2) each player should go in to the match with the same amount of health
3) no gold cards or power pips
4) the match should go till both players are out of cards and called a draw

After all, the arena is about testing your skill right?
If the people are not scared then I don't think they would mind too much about a fair match.

Oh yeah and the rank thing is lame. I'm a level 5 commander and it does nothing. The one thousand five hundred points you'll need to get for the pet will take longer then then getting the rank. Maybe if you can set it as a badge it might have some use.

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one time when i was doing the arena, i went up against a really tough person and two others, and besides me, my team consisted of two really weak guys. and worst of all my opponents kept swearing!!!!!!!!! i would have reported them afterwards but they were on a different realm!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
ok my myth is a level 16 he is a captain. and so i have to resist alot and have good health. BUT due to my rank i face lets see here 15-30!!. i win most becasue i resist and it saves my live like 16 health then he or she die. but when i face a high level with a low rank my my i lose like 28 in one match. also gaining the tickets is SOOOOOOOOOO HARD! with no fake cards to use the matchs are long but i got some satyrs and other healing and that is it. so kings isle plz make gaining tickets easyer. ps. why is it so hard to get to commander? its like almost immpossable i cant even get to 750 with out losing a match.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
peachtheferret wrote:
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one time when i was doing the arena, i went up against a really tough person and two others, and besides me, my team consisted of two really weak guys. and worst of all my opponents kept swearing!!!!!!!!! i would have reported them afterwards but they were on a different realm!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hate who people can say bad things. :( :(. ok to report some one it battle. first you click there name in the chat box then there name should apeer. then there name and info will pop up then you can report of ignore that should fix your problem

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
OK seems pretty simple to me,

+/- 10 levels would make PvP fun for more players, this would mean more players playing in the arena. That mean shorter wait times between matches.

No Treasure cards allowed! I have high-ish level wizards that can make treasure cards via enchantments for minor amounts of gold.

Just because I can supply my lvl 10 storm mage with treasure cards from my lvl 38 death mage dose not mean I should be able to dominate the arena with said treasure cards.

By not Allowing Treasure Cards KI would do much to level the playing field.

Neither of these would require much in the way of KI resources as the metric for the level gap is already there in the practice arena, and disallowing treasure cards cant be That time consuming.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
i hate going to the arena with my lvl 31 and fighting commanders who are like lvl 5 with all of the armor. all they do is use treasure cards and wild bolt and its impossible to win! can someone fix that?

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
I totally agree with many of the comments made in this thread. I refuse to play PvP anymore because it isn't any fun when:
a. your opponents are using cuss words every two seconds
b. your opponents make derogatory comments about your or your teammate's sexuality
c. i go up against opponents who are twenty or so levels below me but can still beat me with high level treasure cards

The treasure card thing bothers me the most. I know some people say they have bought these cards, which makes it seem to me that the person with the most money to spend is most likely to be the winner (just like politics!).
All the spells I use in the arena are ones that I earned through my school. Using treasure cards that I am not a high enough level to be using is just cheating in my opinion. PLEASE BAN TREASURE CARDS IN THE ARENA!

Also, someone should be monitoring the chat in the arena. I know you can't watch all of it all the time, but maybe if someone checks over these (especially late at night), you would find a lot of unreported offenses that deserve disciplinary action.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
i am kinda getting tire of the pvp arena cause i have a lvl 5 and they keep putting me up against lvl 20 - 30+ and i keep losing all the battle points or what ever they are called :( :( :(