Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

when did my friend log on last, time to check

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
hey guys
we all have friends that we dont see often but dont know if they quited or grounded or something or there plain just logging on at the wrong times

well here is the friend checker
it will say how long your friend is away but if there online then it says there online

plz add this ki it will help many people likely

edit

people i am aware that ya dont want people knowing the last time ya got on
but this will be very effective expecially to me

o Sabrina spellcaster is your reading this
i did this for u cause you are my best wizard101 friend in the whole spiral

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
totally agreed, i have friends i never see anymore, dont know if they quit or play at different times.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
My vote for this is DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! This allows people to keep track when their friend was last on and as a bonus they could leave a message for that friend to receive once they were able to receive and see it. that is my thought on it, but it may violate privacy so it should be optional.

Best
Vladus Darkcaster

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I love it personally. i have a log full of friends, and i dont know who to delete, cause i dont know if they still come online! very helpful!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
hey guys
we all have friends that we dont see often but dont know if they quited or grounded or something or there plain just logging on at the wrong times

it will say how long your friend is away but if there online then it says there online

HMMMM, ok. KI just added the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" button not too long ago. I think this would just defeat that purpose. Don' you?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
hey guys

HMMMM, ok. KI just added the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" button not too long ago. I think this would just defeat that purpose. Don' you?

well some people uses that to hide from a friend but if that friend thinks they quit then bye bye friendship

random legend wizard: huh why is my friend missing grrr darn you wolf shadowsword

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
This is a great idea (reminds me of Xbox Live). I have an idea that runs along the same lines as this one. I think there should be something like email in the game. So that way, if there is a friend you never get to see, you can send them a message that they can read when they get on, maybe telling them you'll be on later or something like that. I really think this would be convient, and we could put a cute little mailbox at the front of the castles and a mail slot in the dorms :D Some rules for it would be that you can only send "wizmail" (my suggestion for naming it) to anyone who is offline at the time. Also, to make it safer, if you have menu chat, they have a list of pre-made messages for you to send. For regular chat and open chat, the same rules apply as just regular talking. I really like this idea and think it would be very helpful :D

~ Alura Waterheart lvl 68 Ice ~

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ok. I think you all need to resign yourselves to the fact that one of 4 things is happening.

1. either your friends are not playing when you do
2. they are using the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" option
3. they have created a new wizard and have chosen not to tell you. or
4. they are no longer playing at all.

But as I already stated in an earlier post. This kind of option would totally defeat the purpose of having the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" option. This is an option that was asked for and given.

If your friends are using the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" option, they would not like it if KI turned around and gave you the option to find out when they last logged in. Especially if they just happen to be playing when you just happen to check to see when they last played.

Think about it. If you were using the HIDDEN option, would you like it if someone could find out if you were on or not or when you last logged in. I wouldn't. I rarely use that option except when I am farming for certain reagents and don't want to be interrupted.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
KI just added the "HIDDEN TO FRIENDS" button not too long ago. I think this would just defeat that purpose. Don' you?

Yea, I'm gonna have to agree with GoldenDragon,
I personally would not like this option. I don't really need to be getting cyber stalked by ppl on my list.
I use the 'hidden to friends' option from time to time, and frankly it's none of anyone's business when, or how often I'm on.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
Ah I can picture it now..

Wizard 1 gets on

Wizard 2:Oh hey I just noticed that you got on at 8:03 P.M., what were you doing, why'd you get on at that time, why didn't you get on earlier.

Sorry but it just seems stalker-ish.