Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Kind of New Mechanics do You Want?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Hey, so this is a post where I am simply wanting to know what people want added to this game in the form of new mechanics (the way something works)!
This is not exactly a place to suggest new classes, this is a place to suggest what you would like to see added whether in an existing school or whether we would have to add in something new all together!

I myself would enjoy the ability to reverse the effects of shields, traps, weaknesses, blades, and etc. To have the power to take a -25% weakness into a +25% blade, a -50% tower shield into a +50% trap, and etc. sounds like a way to make new interesting game play styles.

So again, what are some mechanics you would like to see added into this game...?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I would like my idea of 'fusion spells' added into the game. I hear some other person actually had an idea with a similiar concept. I think that might be a very successful implementation that a lot of wizards would have fun with.

I also REALLY want to be given the ability to GRIND for my levels, instead of doing nothing but quests. And my definition of the grinding I have in mind is fighting in random encounters.

I think that could easily be accomplished by simply adjusted exp received from them.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, it might be interesting to see some School-only Gauntlets. Think about it:

An all-Diviner team storms (no pun intended) the Waterworks. If one carries Rebirth Treasure Cards, then they can just one shot everyone and win easily. Now, lets say they go into another instance, one located in the back of the Storm Tower. They go in, and lo and behold! All the bosses have strong Storm Resist and low Myth Resist, and cheat to add 65% Tower Shields every 3 rounds. The same could go for Myth (Bosses will eliminate all of your Henchman currently in play every 3 rounds) and Life (Bosses will use 65% Infections) and so on. No other school would be allowed in here, to avoid easy victories. The rewards would be high-powered Wands and Gear for your Wizard! Feedback, please?

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
bionaknight wrote:
Well, it might be interesting to see some School-only Gauntlets. Think about it:

An all-Diviner team storms (no pun intended) the Waterworks. If one carries Rebirth Treasure Cards, then they can just one shot everyone and win easily. Now, lets say they go into another instance, one located in the back of the Storm Tower. They go in, and lo and behold! All the bosses have strong Storm Resist and low Myth Resist, and cheat to add 65% Tower Shields every 3 rounds. The same could go for Myth (Bosses will eliminate all of your Henchman currently in play every 3 rounds) and Life (Bosses will use 65% Infections) and so on. No other school would be allowed in here, to avoid easy victories. The rewards would be high-powered Wands and Gear for your Wizard! Feedback, please?

I like it and hehehe nice pun