Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I have played two matches so far and have had it continually skip my turn attacking. It will let me play a shield, but not attack. I have talked with other people having the same problem.

Please check into this bug.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Yes my opponent had this bug in a ranked match a couple days ago. The only way to end the match was for one of us to flee or for me to defeat her even though she could not fight back. We both knew it was unfair, but someone had to take the loss (no way to offer a draw, which is what I would gladly have done). If it hits again during a ranked match of mine, I'll be done with ranked PvP until it's fixed. Losing I can live with and want to play again, but unfairness takes all the fun out. :(

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Oh yes, I was just about to post something about this until I read your post. I can describe in great detail what happened when I was in a duel and not me, but the opposite person from me got their turn skipped many times in a row.

The duel had been very long, and both of us were getting near to being defeated. The other guy kept healing, so I cast Doom and Gloom which subtracts 40% healing. Though he continued to heal with pixie and sprite, he wasn't really getting anywhere.

And then it started. I only intended to make him pass for one round, but apparenly something went wrong with my Freeze spell. Instead of passing for a single round, he passed for the next three turns. I healed to full health (even with the Doom and Gloom, a major accomplishment) using a Dryad, and got enough pips for a Balefrost to cancel out the Doom and Gloom. Then the guy, a fire and death student, started getting angry. He was like, "That's not fair, it made me pass for 6 rounds!" Nothing I did seemed to change it. I didn't even attack him. Instead I continued passing, which made the turns go by really fast. Finally, he said "That's it, I quit!" And fled the battle, giving me 10 arena tickets. But I still don't know what happened.

Please fix this, or at least look into it.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2008
wow thats really weird...thats only happened to me like once but they killed me in three turns :( oh well I super hope that they will get this bug fixed! lol...oh by the way Catyana...that was my yeonger brother you we're fighting..he has a really hot temper so sorry about that! hope it doesnt happen again with him! he might breack the computer next time!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
YES! YES! YES!!

I have posted about this bug a couple of times in the past; and not only is it still around, but it suddenly seems to have gotten a lot worse!

I was in 5 duels today, and in THREE of them the Passing Bug showed up. Each time, it had a major effect on the outcome of the duel. Twice, in fact, it arguably robbed one side of the victory they deserved.

As I've noted before, it seems (at least anecdotally) to be triggered by, or at least related to in some way, the casting of group attack spells (sandstorm, earthquake, etc.). At least it's been my experience that the bug shows up most likely right after the casting of these spells. It is also my experience that it only shows up in PvP situations.

KingsIsle, this thing has been driving me nuts for months. And now it looks to have gone from a low grade annoyance to a game-busting flaw, at least as far as PvP goes.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
Most of the time that I see a bug occur in the duel is when someone decides to flee the fight. Then I either got skipped or actually had my spell go on the player standing next to me.

They probably should look into what happens right after a players flees from the fight. Especially in 4v4.

Bugs sometimes occur when the fight goes on for a LONG time.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
It certainly creates a MUCH longer match, now that the mana does not decline during a PVP.

:(

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
this has happen to me twice so far but both ranked matches.
i really wish they would fix it.
it will let me heal and it will let me use spells that hit every one but will not let me use single attack spell

this makes me want to pull my hair out

please fix and soon

thanks

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Ugh...... I have encountered this bug, hack whatever it is twice in a row in the arena and it frustrates me to no end. I was fighting in the first match in 3v3 then 2v2 in the last one and their was a life guy on the enemy side in both times.

In the first match we were winning by a landslide because we were able to take out everyone of them until the life guy was left. Then things started to become weird whenever we wahted to kill the last guy and it won't let us harm him. He even taunted us when he was clearly beat while there was three of us left. In the end we had to flee because the guy wouldnt quit and was wasting our precious time.

The same thing happened in my second match and it started when the life guy died, he came back in the next round with four life and then was able to heal for full health in the starting round (they were up first). After that the arena would skip us a couple of times and not let us attack when we needed it. We finally had to flee in the end because the game was taking too long and we had to leave.

Seriously this problem needs to be adressed because the arena is one of my favourite places to visit and when this bug/hack happens it ruins the fun for all the players involved especially the ones experiencing it.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I have figured out a way to get out of the match with a loss rather than a flee even if your opponent refuses to finish you off. That is to discard all your cards every turn until your deck is empty. The turn when you run out of cards you will lose and have your three arena tickets and no delay before starting the next match.

HOWEVER, that doesn't make the match fair, or even fun! KI, please let us know you are working on this!! Are you able to reproduce it? Would it help to have more info from us? Do you know if it is one bug or several? Is it at least high on the priority list??

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
We are hard to work trying to find and fix this problem! We should have it fixed soon.