Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My sister messed up Wizard101!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
This is why I can't have anything nice. :x

Ok, so I'm trying to be all nice to my sister, so I let her go on my Wizard101 account. I know her for messing things up in an instant, and this is an example. When I kick her off to play my wizard so I can make more progress in Celestia, Wizard101 looked TOTALLY different!

1. All of the buttons were smaller.
2. The camera was zoomed away from my character. :x
3. It was hard to move the mouse. :?
4. When I tried to battle, neither the monster's OR my little box that showed HP was there.

What the heck?! How do I fix this? This is totally ruining my W101 experience!

Courtney Starstone
Level 48
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Why did you let your sister on your account? If she wants to play ,then get her an account of her own. Whatever she broke is simply your fault.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Pyrsik is correct, but I know how to fix 3/4 of the problems
1: She probably upped the resolution, try lowering it in the video options until it was before.
2: Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out to what it was
3: I dont know why this is, but try unplugging and plugging back in the mouse....
4: The 2D combat display would be off, you can turn it back on under gameplay options.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
Why did you let your sister on your account? If she wants to play ,then get her an account of her own. Whatever she broke is simply your fault.

MY FAULT?!? I didn't want her on my (personal :-)) computer in the first place! But my mom is always getting angry with me if I don't let her have a turn on what I'm playing, and I already get yelled at a lot every day, and she started threating me with "no computer," so I had no choice, pretty much!

Courtney Starstone
Level 48
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

Granted, Pyrsik, she should not have let her sister on the game, but that was just being a little rude.

Ok, Asami104. I will try to help you get some of it fixed.

1. All the buttons smaller----the resolution has been reset. Go to the Options/Esc button in the game. (I am guessing you are playing in Fullscreen). Click on the first Icon at the top of the options page (it will look like a monitor, there are 2 of those, click the first one(will say Graphics at the top)) You will see in the first slot "Resolution" click on the arrow next to that and click OK until you see the buttons back like they were. You may have to do this a couple of times till you get it where you want it.

(out of order here)

3. Hard to move mouse---on the same page of options as above, the last slot is Hardware cursor, turn it back on and click OK

2. Camera zoomed away from character. ---- your mouse should have a scroll button on it, all you have to do is scroll that button backwards.

4. HP boxes missing-------In the options again, Click on the 4th icon (the first on that looks like a game joystick( will say Gameplay at top of page)). The 3rd slot down says "2D COMBAT DISPLAY". This has been turned off. Turn it back on and click OK.

After you have done all of this, you should be pretty close to what you had before sister messed it up. Now, if you know how to do this, do a disk cleanup and defragment your computer to clear out all of the changes and junk. It would also be a good idea to restart your computer after this before playing Wizard101.

Now, please don't let sister near your game again. Next time it may be harder to fix.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
azami104 wrote:
This is why I can't have anything nice. :x

Ok, so I'm trying to be all nice to my sister, so I let her go on my Wizard101 account. I know her for messing things up in an instant, and this is an example. When I kick her off to play my wizard so I can make more progress in Celestia, Wizard101 looked TOTALLY different!

1. All of the buttons were smaller.
2. The camera was zoomed away from my character. :x
3. It was hard to move the mouse. :?
4. When I tried to battle, neither the monster's OR my little box that showed HP was there.

What the heck?! How do I fix this? This is totally ruining my W101 experience!

Courtney Starstone
Level 48
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Ignore rude poster here, apparently has no idea how family accounts go.

It just sounds to me like it's settings off, resolution to start with. I suggest you sign out and back on and go to options and see which ones improve or make it the same as it was for you. Least she didn't sell your fav pet, hat, boots or something you can't get back.

Defender
May 17, 2011
try to email wizard101. and to watch your sister closely next time.

good luck!

Saffron Firehunter, Master Life Wizard

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
First of all, don't let her on your account in the future. Second, she was messing with your gameplay options, easily fixed. A mouse wheel roll forwards will move the camera closer to your Wizard (A flick of the finger on the side of the mousepad for laptops). Make sure your screen resolution is set to 600x800, that should fix the buttons. There is probably a button that increases or decreases mouse sensitivity, check that. If not change the batteries in your mouse or adjust the mouse sensitivity on your control panel in your computer. As for the last problem, make sure 2d combat display is set to on.
Hope this helps!

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Pyrsik is correct, but I know how to fix 3/4 of the problems
1: She probably upped the resolution, try lowering it in the video options until it was before.
2: Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to zoom in and out to what it was
3: I dont know why this is, but try unplugging and plugging back in the mouse....
4: The 2D combat display would be off, you can turn it back on under gameplay options.

Slammer111, if you look in the options pages under under the same icon as the Resolution, you will see "HARDWARE CURSOR. if this has been turned off, the mouse becomes extremely hard to use.