Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you call spamming.....?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Sunday night I got into a pvp 1v1 match, and during the match, I used three weakness in a row. Why, cause they showed up in the hand, so I just used them while building pips. After a few more turns, one showed up again, and I used it, no big deal. After three more turns another showed up and I used it.

After the match, I was called a NoobSpammer...weakness spamboy... plus some other interesting comments. These comments were not by a private, but by a Warlord. Someone that has played a lot of matches.

Ok, a bunch of whines on Bolt, smoke screen, dispels, and others, but three weakness in a row, give me a break..... am I wrong or what?
Is three of any spell in a row spamming now?

Joe.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
No, you are totally right. You used what was available to you by the shuffle of the hand. If that was what you put in your main board and that was what showed up, then yeah, use them to your advantage. After all, that's what you put them in for, yes?

I recently had a hand similar to that. Three towers and a volcanic shield against a fire. Yeah, he wasn't happy with my shell. It forced him to use low pip damage over time spells so he couldn't build for a large hit.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Sunday night I got into a pvp 1v1 match, and during the match, I used three weakness in a row. Why, cause they showed up in the hand, so I just used them while building pips. After a few more turns, one showed up again, and I used it, no big deal. After three more turns another showed up and I used it.

After the match, I was called a NoobSpammer...weakness spamboy... plus some other interesting comments. These comments were not by a private, but by a Warlord. Someone that has played a lot of matches.

Ok, a bunch of whines on Bolt, smoke screen, dispels, and others, but three weakness in a row, give me a break..... am I wrong or what?
Is three of any spell in a row spamming now?

Joe.

I consider three or more a spam. However, I also don't think spamming is a problem either. I can deal with four "spammed" weaknesses (doesn't make me happy, but doesn't end the duel either). I have a problem if I have four "stacked" weaknesses and no wand or similiar spell to get out of the corner.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Your opponent is stupid. (No offense) He's just mad because he didn't win, don't be down on yourself and don't be afraid to weakness again. Just ignore the people who call you those names, they are just trying to make themselves feel better. No using 3 or 4 or 5 weaknesses in a row isn't spamming, Personally I don't believe spamming exists. Every player gets a turn, and you choose what you do with that turn even if your opponent dislikes it.

Keep up the good work,

@jackflame

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
skier339 wrote:
Your opponent is stupid. (No offense) He's just mad because he didn't win, don't be down on yourself and don't be afraid to weakness again. Just ignore the people who call you those names, they are just trying to make themselves feel better. No using 3 or 4 or 5 weaknesses in a row isn't spamming, Personally I don't believe spamming exists. Every player gets a turn, and you choose what you do with that turn even if your opponent dislikes it.

Keep up the good work,

@jackflame

I couldn't agree more. A good chunk of people are complaining about us Storm wizards spamming tempests and bolts for victories. Really, if that's a problem, get an ice to tank those hits (yes, i am looking at that approx. 70 storm resist). After all, with all the shields coming on us storms, we have very limited options in order to *fairly* (no 2v2 puppet exploit or stuff like that) get to warlord. Then again, I am a Diviner who cares highly for the school of storm.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Spamming (Spah-Ming) definition: One of many things people try to blame when they lose at pvp, (adj) To repeatedly cast a certain spell or action. Ex: My pet was spamming sprite so much EVEN I felt like complaining.. LoL

Seriously, I'm with Ski and everyone else here. Spamming doesn't exist, what people choose to use for their spell line is their own business. On one of my low levels a had a match where a guy used 9 treasure towers, I picked him apart quite easily, waste of gold and side deck space if you ask me. Repeatedly casting a single spell is a fail strategy for people who have no concept of timing with spells like towers for example.

Keep doing what you're doing Joe. Sad to hear about a warlord reaching for excuses.. Are you sure it wasn't a pet warlord ;)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Yeah, people will blame defeat on anything. One person on a team I killed blamed his partner, who was a higher level then him. I have never made excuses for losing a match, and never will. As for what would I call spamming, well, nothing. If someone were to continue to cast a Debuff or a Shield, I would call it a repetitive match and get annoyed, but I would never insult my opponent and I would never use it as an excuse.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
When I usually cry spam, is when I notice they have FAR exceeded the real cards (for example, people who love to tempest , they do it every turn, for WAY more than 7 turns, also along with poison [I have even heard my opponents say they were spamming it.....]), and the strategy requires almost no skill. Other than that, spamming doesnt exist with me. You should see the people that cry healing spam (usually ones that are bladestackers, trapstackers, or poison/bolt/link spammers), and seem like they expect me, a life, to sit around and twiddle my thumbs while watching my helath sap away...... (and yes, even when I barely do 4 satyrs, not even in a row).