Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How is Wizard101 Obtained on Mac?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
So i got this new 13 inch macbook Air,
I was thinking how i could get it on the mac,
I beleive Lydia said something about enabling Wizard101 on Mac? May i request the link?

Administrator
The 'Common Questions' button at the top of this page has the answer you seek:

Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer.

CrossOver Games supports running Wizard101 on a Mac. For more information visit Codeweavers Crossover Games. That site contains a"How to Video" and a special offer (25% off) for our players, if you choose to download the program.
<a href="https://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101</a>

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The 'Common Questions' button at the top of this page has the answer you seek:

Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer.

CrossOver Games supports running Wizard101 on a Mac. For more information visit Codeweavers Crossover Games. That site contains a"How to Video" and a special offer (25% off) for our players, if you choose to download the program.
https://www.codeweavers.com/via/wizard101

Alright, ill think of getting it, but that price.... i will have to see i guess...

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
$40 a month just to play Wizard 101 because you own a Mac? That's quite a harsh penalty for mac users to pay for simply not buying windows. I think someone needs to talk to crossover about price gouging. That is way too much to be asking. Maybe a compromise for Wizard 101 users could be made?

Also, if you are watching crossover to see how many mac users would be interested in playing, you are getting a very wrong count. Many are not playing because of the cost of crossover, not because we don't want to play Wizard 101.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jalicer3 wrote:
$40 a month just to play Wizard 101 because you own a Mac? That's quite a harsh penalty for mac users to pay for simply not buying windows. I think someone needs to talk to crossover about price gouging. That is way too much to be asking. Maybe a compromise for Wizard 101 users could be made?

Also, if you are watching crossover to see how many mac users would be interested in playing, you are getting a very wrong count. Many are not playing because of the cost of crossover, not because we don't want to play Wizard 101.

It isn't 40 dollars a month (unless you want it to be). The monthly charges you see listed are for the support. If you buy a one month, you get all the necessary downloads at that time, but you will not have access to future driver updates and similar functions. So for Wizard101 purposes, it's really a one time purchase, unless future game content changes so dramatically that the emulator can no longer work correctly.

From their site:

"Depending on the service level you purchase, you will get 1, 6, or 12 months of support. During your support period, you will be able to download all versions released and you will be able to obtain technical support. Upon the expiration of that time period, all customers will still be able to download the most current version of the software that they received while under the support agreement, forever (or at least as long as we can practically make that possible)."