Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-17-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week has passed, and this one has a three day holiday weekend at the end of it! Hooray! Before we go, however, it's time for a new Feedback Friday.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

So, you may have seen that on the Test Realm, we're testing out a new Housing game - Tag. When I've been able to jump in matches, it's been a LOT of fun (I even won a few!). I'm excited to see it on Live game later this year! ::grin::

We're curious, for future consideration, what else sounds like fun? What other housing game would you add?

Have a great weekend Wizards!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Although it is a lot like tag, hide and go seek would be a good game.

Where everyone joins, it randomly picks 1 person to be "It" and makes the screen go dark with a counter. When the counter ends at 30 seconds or a minute, the screen lights back up. The "it" person has to go and find the people hidden. Of course, there is a start point, like a tree, that will be safe, so when "It" goes looking for everyone, if a person can make it back to base, they are safe.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
Some of us have talked about being able to play hide and seek. But the names above people give our positions away.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I think that the Wizard101 Housing needs another fun game to play besides Tag! You should also add the game of "Hide & Seek"! What's more fun than trying to find your friends behind housing items that are all over the place?! Please take this under consideration, and add "Hide & Seek" as another fun housing game! :D

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Well, I think that you get like 5 people at your castle, and line four up. The four people will change into a different creature. The leftover person trys to guess who is who! :3

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
I would like to play battleship with my pets. "Oh Noez! You've sunk my Sea Dragon!0.0" ...that would be really hard to pull off tho, I bet.

Hm. I think pet games in general would be really awesome, especially the cannon game. I don't recall if there is an actual cannon item in the game or not, but it would be really neat to have it as an item where it appears as though there is a cannon sticking out of the wall, through a window or so (the window would prolly be part of the graphic, eh?) but the game sigil would be right behind it.

I doubt I would want that to give my pet any experience - the Pet Pavillion is awesome just the way it is <3 - but it would be neat if I could win reagents or so through such a game as that.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
I know another game we could do, like a fishing game or like a vampire tag or SOMETHING that will get there attention ya know?

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I would probably try a timed maze game, or one like the cannon game where you have to get x number of shots the beat your friends score. Games where there is a set parameter to beat, not one that will be seen differently on the other person's computer.
Example: the problem I see with Tag is the delay. My screen might show me tag a person, but their screen shows them I was nowhere near. It does that now and it seems like it will just spawn a lot of complaints.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
I was extremely surprised with the Tag Game. I thought it would be kinda boring but I played it for a good half an hour with my friends and had allot of fun ^^ I think a game like hide and seek would be fun. Also maybe something were you could play with your pets. You could gain little prizes like tc or reagents or small amounts of gold if your pet does well. Also maybe some sports games like badmitton or soccer would be fun where you have to click the ball to kick it in soccer and then for badmitton you would move the cursor around and hit the birdy when it comes to you. Like I said before I was very impressed with the Tag Game and I would love to see more like this ^-^

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Survivor
May 13, 2010
but at least if my friends have the games i can go to their house and play them

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
1) Hide and Seek, which is fun and is already being played on the game at "parties"
2) redrover
3) obstacle courses for people and pets - you have some cool housing items like hedges and stuff but nothing that can be made into mazes or jumping courses for pets
4) another fun thing that a lot of people do related to the obstacle course thing are those carpet things that people make from instructions on you-tube - why not make those not so hard to make fun in-game games?
5) capture the flag
6) marco polo
7) blind man's bluff
8) a guessing game like button button trying to guess who is holding the object
9) hopscotch

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
hi this Maryone. I think that a pet finding game might be good. The game would kinda be like hide and seek with common everyday in game pets. The player would be shown a random picture of the pet to find and then half to find it before time runs out. If He/She finds it before time out then the usual prize would be Mana, Gold, maybe a housing item like a gnome or a seed.
If the timer runs out before the pet is found then the prize would be Mana and some gold.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Hide&seek sounds fun, I'd also like to see some other games like them, and maybe get pet to play with each other at home. It would make the houses more fun. :D

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Although it is a lot like tag, hide and go seek would be a good game.

Where everyone joins, it randomly picks 1 person to be "It" and makes the screen go dark with a counter. When the counter ends at 30 seconds or a minute, the screen lights back up. The "it" person has to go and find the people hidden. Of course, there is a start point, like a tree, that will be safe, so when "It" goes looking for everyone, if a person can make it back to base, they are safe.

Yeah but our names would be hidden that way our position won't be revealed.

Tiffany Wildrider Adept Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I agree hide and seek would be a really fun game just take the names off people playing and hide pets would make a great game to play at your house

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
I totally agree on Hide and Seek game, I like how darthjt illustrate his idea maybe that could work?

I was also thinking of a soccer mini game!

Survivor
Feb 03, 2011
Well i would love to see a hide and seek game cause its really fun on here but would be nice if you could start it in your home and be able to go to all of your homes instead of just one like tag! I would also like to see freeze tag added to the tag game cause its an awesome game for kids to play!

Community Leader
My suggestions:
- Fishing
- Underground or Castle/Dorm Capture the Flag
Players have a base, or can team up (via grouping) and use a base with their flag inside the base. Players and teams goal are to go to the opposite team's base take their flag and bring it back. However, players must navigate through traps set by opposing players (Traps are set by collecting them as you progress through the house/maze/underground) as well as mazes (for dorms and houses) some areas in the Underground (Should one exist) come with traps already set in that CANNOT be collected. (Essentially they are hidden traps/obstacles for both sides) The winners can have their flags upgraded to show "rank" (Although a true ranking system doesn't exist) and the second place/losers don't have the ability to upgrade their flag. The flag upgrades for EACH player so even if you have different teams or play single you won't lose your "rank". Your flags can also be displayed and moved like a housing item.

Bronze Flag - Default
Silver Flag - Capture opposing flag 10 times
Gold Flag - Capture opposing flag 30 times
Platinum Flag - Capture opposing flag 40 times
"School" flag* - Capture opposing flag 50 times
(Upgrade to a flag representing your school i.e. Balance flag, Ice flag etc)

Serving the community since 2010, we strive for excellence, bringing you the most accurate information on first generation pets! Visit The Petnome Project today!
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
What about capture the flag? It sounds fun :D i love the ideas my fellow students are offering Gooo Ravenwood!!!
Anthony Lifeheart
Level 48 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
i would love to be able to play chess once you got a full board or something :D
or scrabble.... Tag can be used like hide and seek, so thats good. :) as long as you make special rules (fire tag thing beside that the others cant find the others).
and perhaps some pet games in the house?
or hatchery :)

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
i just got a new idea!
block crushers, or statue crushers!
there are 2 teams, i blue and one red, when the game start Statues gets randomly placed around the house, some red and some blue. the blue one has to crush all the RED statues before the red team take all the blue ones.
once you meet a statue, a small dueling arena begins, and they got health depending on how difficult you want it (200-2000 health)

oooor, capture the flag.
2 teams are on 2 different places in the house (one inside and one outside?) and they need to get to the flag, without getting tagged :)
there will be some boost stuff available like in tag, so it will be able to capture them and get the flag back :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
While i do like the idea of hide and seek is is a lot like tag , maybe this is a chance to add multiple player board games? I would be cool to have a 3d chess match (or some type of board game that involves more than one person) with the pieces being ranks in your school. For Example if there was a chess game the pawns could be rank 1-2 cards either scarabs, frost beetles, fire cats, imps, dark sprite, blood bat, Scorpion, troll etc. depending on your school. The better pieces like the rook would be a 3-4 rank spell. Knights could be rank 5-6. Bishop could be rank 7-8. Queen is the most powerful could 9. King is the most important piece because if it is lost the game ends so, but its also the weakest piece in terms of attack power. I think it should be your wizard because the spells rely on your wizard. Adding attack animations to the pieces would be nice and selling( or drop ) a enchanted chess (or board game) board that does this would be cool. The size of the board game could be small with small units or it could be closer to full size, or it could teleport you and the friend you want to play chess with to some chess (or any board game) Arena similar to the Pvp ones. This is just an idea i thought would be cool, Ki keep the good work.