Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Ranked pvp, and Ranked pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Ok KingsIsle, a common issue discussed in the pvp thread is wheather or not pvp should have treasure cards. I thought you guys would eventually come up with a way to settle this but appearantly my voice needs to be heard.

So, there's Ranked pvp and Practice pvp. Is is really so hard to just add another floating book that says: Ranked pvp, No treasure. I mean really, just add another book so people who dont like treaure cards can go to that kind of ranked match and people who rely on treasure cards can just go to the one we have now.

People have been going on and on about treasure cards in pvp and i can see the points of both the sides who want treasures and the sides who dont want treasures. Now we can all just get along and play pvp without arguing about treasure cards.

If you do this, Problem solved. Now that was pretty easy wasnt it?

- Drich321
Chris Legendrider,
68 Ice
54 death
46 myth
38 fire
35 life
17 storm

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
drich321 wrote:
Ok KingsIsle, a common issue discussed in the pvp thread is wheather or not pvp should have treasure cards. I thought you guys would eventually come up with a way to settle this but appearantly my voice needs to be heard.

So, there's Ranked pvp and Practice pvp. Is is really so hard to just add another floating book that says: Ranked pvp, No treasure. I mean really, just add another book so people who dont like treaure cards can go to that kind of ranked match and people who rely on treasure cards can just go to the one we have now.

People have been going on and on about treasure cards in pvp and i can see the points of both the sides who want treasures and the sides who dont want treasures. Now we can all just get along and play pvp without arguing about treasure cards.

If you do this, Problem solved. Now that was pretty easy wasnt it?

- Drich321
Chris Legendrider,
68 Ice
54 death
46 myth
38 fire
35 life
17 storm

A bunch of people have said this, and still no creation? :(

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
I think that the treasure cards should be allowed in the un-ranked pvp, but that spells like Giant or the sun spells thatmake a card a treasure should still be allowed in ranked pvp.

Do you hear me, KI?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Adding a book is one thing. Adding an entire new PvP type, working out all the bugs, then making sure everyone gets their ranking and points and tickets, would be another thing entirely.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Adding a book is one thing. Adding an entire new PvP type, working out all the bugs, then making sure everyone gets their ranking and points and tickets, would be another thing entirely.

Just like the tag game. It won't take that long to develop. All you really have to do is copy the files from the normal pvp and edit the treasure card aspect and make 'draw' grey for the whole match.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Just like the tag game. It won't take that long to develop. All you really have to do is copy the files from the normal pvp and edit the treasure card aspect and make 'draw' grey for the whole match.

Easier said than done. Sure, it probably is easy to create, but here is one side effect....less matches.

It is already hard enough to get the right levels together in PvP. Now, with the creation of yet another book pedestal to draw away wizards your same level or rank, only decreases the available pool of players. And like Bionaknight said, you would have to create all new things like titles since complainers would emerge that two Warlords with the same title are not equal since one obtained the title via treasures and the other did not.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Taking out sideboards is an alteration to the game mechanics and involves taking something out of game that was meant to be there. There should be no rank points earned for a distortion like this because It is just not the way the game was intended to be played. There is a wonderful place where people struggling with the ranking system and an go and hopefully even be able to turn treasure cards on and off someday... It's called practice mode.

I agree with both Kingurz and Bionaknight about the matching issue. It's hard enough to get a fight on Wednesday afternoon and the pvp option hasn't progressed enough to support multiple versions of ranked pvp every time a few people are having difficulties with the REAL ranked pvp.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Easier said than done. Sure, it probably is easy to create, but here is one side effect....less matches.

It is already hard enough to get the right levels together in PvP. Now, with the creation of yet another book pedestal to draw away wizards your same level or rank, only decreases the available pool of players. And like Bionaknight said, you would have to create all new things like titles since complainers would emerge that two Warlords with the same title are not equal since one obtained the title via treasures and the other did not.

Kingurz you always say the right thing. That is more than likely why KI hasn't created this new type to pvp.
Kingurz I have to say, you seem to be the new colagada.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I agree, it's hard enough now to get a match, even on a Friday afternoon.
I waited over 19 minutes for my first match, and I was surprised that it came up that fast.
One other item to thing about, is W101 is still a young game compared to most. It's still evolving as a game, and I expect over time will continue to change and become better. Runescape has been out for quite a while, and they are still trying to change it.
I think the last time I saw a posting that W101 had 12 million Wizards, so it has about 2 million players, I expect. Now W101 has several different servers, so we don't get to play with the UK group, or the other servers they have on-line. I read abou this in my brothers gamer mag.

So, in reality we may have less than 1 1/2 million players in the U.S. and Canada. With only a fraction playing at any one time.
So I think we may need to wait until W101 grows a bit, before any real changes show up.

Just speculation on my part,
Joe.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I think ALL treasure cards should be restricted from pvp. This is why I have been losing almost every pvp match.