Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Respec???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2012
Ok so I just started this game today and I became a Pyromancer which I love by the way, I decided to go with the Life tree as my secondary magic. Well as I was looking on the forums I saw that balance was a viable option to play and I thought it would be a good idea to use it as my secondary magic! So I guess I raised three questions;

1. Whats a good secondary magic class to compliment the pyromancer?
2. Is balance a good secondary magic option?
3. How would I respec my character?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and answer my questions :D

Administrator
1. I'll let our community debate that one for you.
2. I'll also let our community give you their feedback on this.
3. Visit Mr Lincoln in Golem Court. He will let you buy your Training Points back with Crowns, and you will lose those spells. You must be at least level 12 to buy back your Training Points. This transaction costs Crowns.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jun 08, 2011
If you are that new to the game, don't bother trying to change where you've spent your first training point or two. Get familiar with the game.

As someone who started with a pyromancer myself, I would say that the school does well with any other school of magic. It's merely how creative you can be, and how well you plan ahead for fights with what you have to work with.

You can learn some spells from each of several different schools, too, rather than focusing on just one if that's what you want. On the other hand, though, nearly all low-level spells can be easily obtained via equipment with a little work earning gold to spend on them at the Bazaar.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
xTwizzlerTx wrote:
Ok so I just started this game today and I became a Pyromancer which I love by the way, I decided to go with the Life tree as my secondary magic. Well as I was looking on the forums I saw that balance was a viable option to play and I thought it would be a good idea to use it as my secondary magic! So I guess I raised three questions;

Personally I have been forgoing secondary schools on my future wizards. With my first wizard I did do some Balance and Death to Feint, altho I was not sorry I did the Feint the Balance spells where dropped mid Mooshu due to power pips becoming more available.

My Fire wizard so far just has the blade available from Niles in Krock Land. I have decided to stick with only spells outside my school that enhance my primary school spells making them more powerful and can't wait to get the Sun ones.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
IMHO, Balance isn't a helpful secondary school.

My Pyromancer, Scarlet Ravensong, wears the Life mastery amulet and crafted CL gear to boost both schools. She trained Fire, Life, and Sun, and is by far my most powerful and versatile wizard.

My Theurgist, Iridian Shadowweaver, trained Balance as her secondary school early on, but recently bought back her training points and went with Ice instead. I am happier now, as the Balance spells were not useful, but the three shields I get with Ice are very helpful.

Regardless of your choice for a secondary school, you will spend training points for Elemental blades and traps. However, Balance gives no shields, unlike the other schools of magic.

Happy Selection,

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet/Rowan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
xTwizzlerTx wrote:

1.) A good secondary school for Fire is the sun school. Not only can you increase your damage, but the armor piercing enchantments work wonders for schools that excel at damage over time (like fire).

2.) It can be, but I personally don't feel the wasted training points of only getting certain spells is worth it. (like getting scorpion to get weakness). This goes for all the schools, not just Balance. You really need a mastery amulet to make primary schools good secondary schools. However, other schools have better options if you looking for only certain spells from them (like Feint and Tower).

3.) Go see Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
I am also a Pyromancer and am now level 58. My first few training points I scattered around different schools, getting spells that would've been useful at the time. I then chose Life as my second school. This is actually very useful because when you get higher up the levels to new worlds, they become increasingly difficult and without my healing me and my sister would not be where we are today. My third school is storm, but third schools are a matter of opinion. I recommend death because they can have incredibly strong spells that both attack and heal. This is good for healing yourself in battles, but not so good for healing others (you can, but it's very limiting). This could be good as a second OR third school (not that you need to be worrying about those yet).
Balance could be a good secondary option, but they're attacks aren't so strong and Balance Wizards are based on fighting with others. My sister is also balance, and has recently recieved her level 58 spell, which is about the same strength as a Pyromancer's level 40 spell, maybe slightly stronger as it attacks all enemies. Bare in mind that Balance wizards do struggle to fight on their own, but they can build up their spells and other people's spells with blades, traps, etc.
I would recommend life as a second school. All schools have their weaknesses though! Bare these in mind:
Storm: Low accuracy
Life: Not many attacks
Myth: -Unknown
Death: -Unknown
Fire: -I'll let you figure that out
Ice: High health but very low-damage attacks
Balance: Must fight in groups, low-damage attacks

Hope this helps,
Amber LegendBlade
Level 58
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
xTwizzlerTx wrote:

#1. Your best option is to train Life as a secondary (I did this with my Storm wizard). You can further enhance your Fire attacks with Balance's elemental traps/blades, which you can get from Niles (the Balance tree in Krok) at level 20 and 25, in that order.

Your starting accuracy is second-worst in the game (though that can later be improved with gear boosts), which is another reason that you'd benefit from Life.

#2: Balance is a good secondary school, but a horrible primary one. My first wizard, Shadowsong, is a sorcerer- she is level 70 now, and the only reason she made it that far was because deleting her would have been a waste of time.

Your other options:

Your next-best option would be to train Ice to Tower Shield. It's a quick and easy way to annoy just about anyone.

Storm has high base damage, but terrible accuracy. If you take Storm as a secondary, you *will* fizzle A LOT.

Myth's base accuracy is okay (80%), but their spells are mostly for show and don't do a ton of damage unless you're a conjurer.

Death isn't a viable option, either. Unless you're a necromancer, the siphon spells are pretty useless- as in, they won't give you much bang for your buck (if you know what I mean).

-

I have 24 wizards over 4 accounts, so I've tried and tested all of these- good luck!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
It really depends on your goals for your wizard. When I started with my Thaumaturge, I figured out early on that I would be spending a lot of time going back and forth to rebuild my health rather than using that time to explore every possible section.
I didn't want to have to depend on other people to keep myself going, so it seemed like the most logical choice to double up with Life. That way I get what I really need - healing spells and something to use against Ice tolerant enemies.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
as a pyromancer myself I learned all the life spells until centaur and learn sun when i could, the accuracy boosts are really good and then moon school that way i have a lot of spells and can change into the opposite class of the monster hope this helps

chase swifthand
lvl 60 legendary pyromancer