Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is t time for a Balance shield?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
No no no no no no no! Balance only has a couple really good spells. You can shield Chimera, Hydra, so that takes 2 from us, and, we have to save up for judge which takes us like 50 rounds, and ra and nova and attack all spells, so, we cant use them in 1v1 if we want to waste our pips. So, no, balance should NOT have a shield.

You are right about one thing. Balance does only have a couple of good spells. 50 Rounds to save up for Judgement? Not hardly.

I don't see this as really having that much to do with PvP. I don't PvP and there are a lot of others that don't either.

In reality, what LadyHagan is saying is true. Balance is being left behind. Balance wizards should have just as much right to school specific shields and traps as any other school. Balance can shield from spectral blast as well, but we have no defense against Sandstorm, Judgement (which we get spammed with when fighting balance mobs) and Swarm. All other schools can shield from same school mobs better than balance. All other schools can also TRAIN Elemental Blades and Traps. Elemental and Spirit shields only provide 50% defence for balance against other schools.

mkt3
I get what your saying, but your forgetting something.

1.What comes with a balance shield, must come a balance trap, what comes with balance trap, must come a balance blade.

2.And if all these things were made, how would a balance-only blade and trap work on things like spectral blast,hydra,chimera?

3.What I aslso dont get is that kingsisle puts in balance resist ( not talking about universal resist ) but not a balance shield. What I also dont get is how balance has there own dispel.

4.Even if there was a balance shield, you know only balance would get the spell right?( besides tc )

5.It could be:

Balance shield: 3 pips, 50% shield to all schools AND balance.

Mycin legenddreamer

Mkt3, I am going to attempt to answer your questions with what I honestly think.

1. I don't really see that we would need another blade. Technically, if you look at blades from all schools (school specific) any other school can use those blades if they are casting a matching spell; ie fireblade=helephant. So that really says that even school specific blades and shields and traps are universal. Any school can use them. The only real difference is that a balance blade will only boost a percentage to all other blades.

2. Balance blades would remain as they are now. As for School specific trap working on spells as Hydra, Chimera, or spectral blast, it shouldn't as long as balance has Hex to add boost to the elemental traps. Those spells can also be boosted by Curse and Feint just the same as any other spell.

3. All schools have their own Disspell, not just balance. Check the secret trainer on Colossus Blvd ( sorry, can't think what her name is at the moment.)

4. A Balance shield would have to be trainable with the rest of them from the wizard in the Fairgrounds. (sorry again, can't think of name)

5. A balance shield should be 0 pips with 80% shield, the same as all other school shields. The balance shield would always be a single shield. It could not be incorporated into a multiple shield the same way as the Elemental and Spirit shields are. (this same would also hold true for a balance trap. It would use the standard 25% and could not be incorporated into multiple traps.) Althought both shield and trap should also be available in TC form as well.

LadyHagan, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is where you are going with this thread and I totally agree.

Defender
May 29, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
No no no no no no no! Balance only has a couple really good spells. You can shield Chimera, Hydra, so that takes 2 from us, and, we have to save up for judge which takes us like 50 rounds, and ra and nova and attack all spells, so, we cant use them in 1v1 if we want to waste our pips. So, no, balance should NOT have a shield.

You are right about one thing. Balance does only have a couple of good spells. 50 Rounds to save up for Judgement? Not hardly.

I don't see this as really having that much to do with PvP. I don't PvP and there are a lot of others that don't either.

In reality, what LadyHagan is saying is true. Balance is being left behind. Balance wizards should have just as much right to school specific shields and traps as any other school. Balance can shield from spectral blast as well, but we have no defense against Sandstorm, Judgement (which we get spammed with when fighting balance mobs) and Swarm. All other schools can shield from same school mobs better than balance. All other schools can also TRAIN Elemental Blades and Traps. Elemental and Spirit shields only provide 50% defence for balance against other schools.

mkt3
I get what your saying, but your forgetting something.

1.What comes with a balance shield, must come a balance trap, what comes with balance trap, must come a balance blade.

2.And if all these things were made, how would a balance-only blade and trap work on things like spectral blast,hydra,chimera?

3.What I aslso dont get is that kingsisle puts in balance resist ( not talking about universal resist ) but not a balance shield. What I also dont get is how balance has there own dispel.

4.Even if there was a balance shield, you know only balance would get the spell right?( besides tc )

5.It could be:

Balance shield: 3 pips, 50% shield to all schools AND balance.

Mycin legenddreamer

Mkt3, I am going to attempt to answer your questions with what I honestly think.

1. I don't really see that we would need another blade. Technically, if you look at blades from all schools (school specific) any other school can use those blades if they are casting a matching spell; ie fireblade=helephant. So that really says that even school specific blades and shields and traps are universal. Any school can use them. The only real difference is that a balance blade will only boost a percentage to all other blades.

2. Balance blades would remain as they are now. As for School specific trap working on spells as Hydra, Chimera, or spectral blast, it shouldn't as long as balance has Hex to add boost to the elemental traps. Those spells can also be boosted by Curse and Feint just the same as any other spell.

3. All schools have their own Disspell, not just balance. Check the secret trainer on Colossus Blvd ( sorry, can't think what her name is at the moment.)

4. A Balance shield would have to be trainable with the rest of them from the wizard in the Fairgrounds. (sorry again, can't think of name)

5. A balance shield should be 0 pips with 80% shield, the same as all other school shields. The balance shield would always be a single shield. It could not be incorporated into a multiple shield the same way as the Elemental and Spirit shields are. (this same would also hold true for a balance trap. It would use the standard 25% and could not be incorporated into multiple traps.) Althought both shield and trap should also be available in TC form as well.

LadyHagan, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is where you are going with this thread and I totally agree.

I'm not disagreeing with her, i'm just pointing out things that should be in mind.

1. A balance only shield does need a balance only blade, you want balance to be included right? A balance only blade would only react to balance spells, chimera,hydra, and spectral blast would need take effect on that. And i dont you think you understood the word universal, how would helephant react to a storm blade? So no, not all blades and traps are universal.

2. No they wouldnt work the same cause its a balance only blade that woreks on balance spells. I dont think you quite understand the function of power ups \: A balance only blade would not be like curse and feint cause its balance only.

3. Balance is not the fusing of all schools, its more of glueing the schools together.

4. I agree with you on this, but it would cost a training point of course.

5. I guess i can accept that, but still, you have realize balance is not a single school, it is all, and i think it should stay that way.

Cause really, I just got my balance to lvl 70 and he is fine, honestly he does better than my myth and death wizard.

mycin legenddreamer 70 myth
jason dreamgiver 70 death
blake dreamcloud 70 balance

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
mkt3 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with her, i'm just pointing out things that should be in mind.

1. A balance only shield does need a balance only blade, you want balance to be included right? A balance only blade would only react to balance spells, chimera,hydra, and spectral blast would need take effect on that. And i dont you think you understood the word universal, how would helephant react to a storm blade? So no, not all blades and traps are universal.

2. No they wouldnt work the same cause its a balance only blade that woreks on balance spells. I dont think you quite understand the function of power ups \: A balance only blade would not be like curse and feint cause its balance only.

3. Balance is not the fusing of all schools, its more of glueing the schools together.

4. I agree with you on this, but it would cost a training point of course.

5. I guess i can accept that, but still, you have realize balance is not a single school, it is all, and i think it should stay that way.

Cause really, I just got my balance to lvl 70 and he is fine, honestly he does better than my myth and death wizard.

mycin legenddreamer 70 myth
jason dreamgiver 70 death
blake dreamcloud 70 balance

I know you are not disagreeing with her. Please don't misunderstand. I am not trying to create a battle here. Just trying to explain what I think.

1. If balance were to get a Balance Only blade ( which don't get me wrong because I would like that too), then the chances are Balance would have to give up the current Universal Blade. ( don't like that thought). The example I gave about the other blades being usable by all schools: ie fireblade==helephant was not to say the same blade could be used for another spell outside of fire. NO. It was just to state that if you are life and have a fire spell you want to use and also have a fireblade, then yes, Life can use it. This is just and example.

2. Actually, I did make a mistake on this one. I was intending to switch to traps but included blades as well. Yes I do understand the function of powerups. (All my wizards use them every chance I get.) I said that school specific traps should not work on Hydra, Chimera and Spectral blast. That statement is wrong. Yes a balance school specific trap should work for those spells as well as the elemental or spirit traps along with Hex trap and/or Curse and/or Feint.

3. I agree, with you here that it is a gluing or piecing schools in balance.

4. Yes, it would cost a training point to get the balance shield and if a balance trap were add to Nigel in Krok, it would also cost a training point for it as well.

5. Yes, Balance is all schools, but you have to also remember that balance has spells such as Judgement, Sandstorm, Swarm, Power Nova, that Balance wizards have absolutely NO defense unless using Tower shields with only 50%. So just for that reason, Balance does need an 80%, 0 pip cost shield.

If you will remember since you do have a balance wizard ( so do I in CL lvl 59) That once we hit the District of the Stars and had to battle all the Sharks (balance), we were spammed more times than not with Judgement. Hydra was not spammed like judgement, but at least we had some defense.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
The reason there are no balance specific bebuffs is that there are no balance specific blades or traps.