Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Concerning Myth minions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
I just recently started a myth wizard and noticed that the golem minions hit points doesnt scale with pips like the death minion. Of course unlike the death wizard there is different minion spells so I was wondering does the minotaurs HP scale with pips at least? If not what his his set HP?
I just assumed that myth minions would scale with pips since my death wizards does ( as well as pet type) and myth wizards are soppsoed to be the offical minion class.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The point of the golem minion is that it lets you get a minion up at a cost of 0 pips. Myth has other minions where the health scales with the number of pips used.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
LordMarshal wrote:
I just recently started a myth wizard and noticed that the golem minions hit points doesnt scale with pips like the death minion. Of course unlike the death wizard there is different minion spells so I was wondering does the minotaurs HP scale with pips at least? If not what his his set HP?
I just assumed that myth minions would scale with pips since my death wizards does ( as well as pet type) and myth wizards are soppsoed to be the offical minion class.

I, myself, am a grandmaster Myth mage. As a myth mage, you will end up at the end of it all with 3 minions: Golem, Cyclops, and Minotaur. The Golem and Minotaur pets have set HP (and I'm sorry to say I don't remember what my Minotaur's HP is.) The Cyclops minion does have pip scale, from 1-4 pips. Minotaur I BELIEVE has around 700-750 HP, but honestly, I use my Cyclops at 3 or 4 pips more often.

Just as a side note, I removed Minotaur from my deck because I get more "help" in fights from my cyclops, who will heal, buff, debuff mobs, as well as fight. The minotaur acts more as a tank (for those who haven't played other MMOs like FFXI, a tank is the fighter who attempts to hold the hate/attention of the monster you are fighting). He Taunts and fights only, in my experience, and is not as well rounded a fighting partner as the cyclops.

So, for all upcoming myth mages, prepare for your newest allies, and have a ball doing it! :)

Alexandria Mythrider
GrandMaster Myth Mage

Survivor
Jul 21, 2008
Whitemage8 wrote:
LordMarshal wrote:

I, myself, am a grandmaster Myth mage. As a myth mage, you will end up at the end of it all with 3 minions: Golem, Cyclops, and Minotaur. The Golem and Minotaur pets have set HP (and I'm sorry to say I don't remember what my Minotaur's HP is.) The Cyclops minion does have pip scale, from 1-4 pips. Minotaur I BELIEVE has around 700-750 HP, but honestly, I use my Cyclops at 3 or 4 pips more often.

Just as a side note, I removed Minotaur from my deck because I get more "help" in fights from my cyclops, who will heal, buff, debuff mobs, as well as fight. The minotaur acts more as a tank (for those who haven't played other MMOs like FFXI, a tank is the fighter who attempts to hold the hate/attention of the monster you are fighting). He Taunts and fights only, in my experience, and is not as well rounded a fighting partner as the cyclops.

So, for all upcoming myth mages, prepare for your newest allies, and have a ball doing it! :)

Alexandria Mythrider
GrandMaster Myth Mage

Don't forget that Myth casters also get a troll minion that scales from 1-3 pips for a total of four minions not three. Also while the cyclops is more useful he scales from 1-4 pips the minotaur cost only three so he is a bit cheaper depending on the cyclops you use.