Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Balance have almost Myth Abilities?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
As you know, Myth school has double attacks that remove shield, then attack BIG. But, does Balance have the same ability when dealing with Tower Shields? They have Triple attacks and I cant get my mind off weather or not Balance has Myth abilities. I am not complaining... no no no. I was just wondering. Question for balances: Are the triple attacks helpfull? I am life so i dont know what its like to be a balance. (Yes, I am life despite my account name) Do you find them powerfull?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
As you know, Myth school has double attacks that remove shield, then attack BIG. But, does Balance have the same ability when dealing with Tower Shields? They have Triple attacks and I cant get my mind off weather or not Balance has Myth abilities. I am not complaining... no no no. I was just wondering. Question for balances: Are the triple attacks helpfull? I am life so i dont know what its like to be a balance. (Yes, I am life despite my account name) Do you find them powerfull?

The Balance school draws power from all the schools, the Elemental schools' powers and the Spiritual schools' abilities. I would say the power that we borrow from Myth would be our minions, not our triple attacks. Myth's double attacks and Balance's triple attacks are very different; Myth's ability is used to bypass shields while Balance's ability is mainly used in place of a prism. Our attacks don't have the ability that Myth has; however, triple attacks are not only helpful to us, but they're a crucial part of our attack repertoire. Lastly, I don't know about other people, but many of the strong wizards I see in the game are Sorcerers. I like to think my Sorcerer is pretty strong, but I'm not the one to say.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:

They aren't really the same.

Myth attacks are purposeful double hits. The attacks naturally remove any single Myth shields to do max damage.

With Balance triple hits, all three heads have to hit to do decent damage. You can't use one head to take care of shields or your pip ratio is wasted.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
stormschool99 wrote:

They aren't really the same.

Myth attacks are purposeful double hits. The attacks naturally remove any single Myth shields to do max damage.

With Balance triple hits, all three heads have to hit to do decent damage. You can't use one head to take care of shields or your pip ratio is wasted.

yeah, and unlike a double strike from myth, when you use any sort of elemental shield, you are protecting yourself from at the very least 60% of the damage coming in with just one shield in one turn. But for myth, your opponent must shield in two turns, no matter what. And the first shield against a myth strike only cuts away 10% of the damage. So as far as multi-attacks go between balance and myth
Myth > balance