Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Katzenstein storm and Frankenstein death

AuthorMessage
Champion
Feb 03, 2012
If you are a movie fan like me then you would know that Dr. Katzenstein was most likely inspired by Dr. Frankenstein. Now you know in the begining, choosing our schools, they include people who are in the school, and in death Dr. Frankenstein was listed under death. Now since Katzenstein is inspired from Frankenstein shouldn't he be death also? I already thought that they might be two different people but the chances are so low of that. it makes sense that Katzenstein would be storm, but then Dr. Von's monster would have to be storm also but it's death so it should be Frankenstein's Monster. Okay, now i'm getting off topic, whatever the topic was, but I'm curious to see what you guys think about this. Please reply to this if you can understand my thinking.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
What is weird is that there are actually real doctors named Katzenstein. This brings to mind a story about Groucho Marx, who wanted to name his doctor's character in "A Day at the Races" Dr. Hugo Z. Quackenbush. The researchers dsicovered that there were several real doctors (about 30) named Quackenbush. To avoid lawsuits, Marx changed the name of the character to Hackenbush, which had no real-life counterparts.

Dr. Katzenstein may well have been from the Death school. The O'Leary's supposedly broke him out of Newgate Prison in return for his helping them create Clockwork monsters. Since those were largely Storm-based, Dr. Katzenstein had to learn various Spell Magic. He probably uses those spells out of recent habit. However, the good Doctor still does use some Death magic in battle, namely Banshee.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
colagada wrote:
What is weird is that there are actually real doctors named Katzenstein. This brings to mind a story about Groucho Marx, who wanted to name his doctor's character in "A Day at the Races" Dr. Hugo Z. Quackenbush. The researchers dsicovered that there were several real doctors (about 30) named Quackenbush. To avoid lawsuits, Marx changed the name of the character to Hackenbush, which had no real-life counterparts.

Dr. Katzenstein may well have been from the Death school. The O'Leary's supposedly broke him out of Newgate Prison in return for his helping them create Clockwork monsters. Since those were largely Storm-based, Dr. Katzenstein had to learn various Spell Magic. He probably uses those spells out of recent habit. However, the good Doctor still does use some Death magic in battle, namely Banshee.
Well said!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
colagada wrote:

You made more sense then i did! Thx for the comment and good point.