Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do wizards sleep?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Alright now i agree that would be very awesome. And yes we should have only one wizard in the bed at a time so it wouldn't be considered "peverted". And yes i also agree that we dont really need to sit down or sleep but it would be a great addition to the game. I agree it is a game that has children but you could make it leveled. Like make it level 20 and over or something. This idea would be cool. Administrators this is a wonderful idea. Take all the ideas that we have and use them to make the idea less "perverted".
Happy gaming,
Madeline Summerthisle Level 33 Sorceress.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Then make the beds single beds! Only one wizard at a time :3
Oh, and you can choose PAJAMAS! :D

Defender
May 25, 2009
Sleeping may be inappropriate, but instead of only one person lying down, I think there is a better way to keep "perverts" from doing that stuff: When the person who isnt lying down gets a distance from the door where the bed is, there will be a messege saying "Shhh, he/she is sleeping" or something like that. I hope that an Admin reads this and consideres it.

Signed,
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I have been wondering this for a while, but why can't wizards sit down on benches, or on couches, or on chairs in their houses, or places which are appropriate to sit on. Also in houses why can't wizards Lay down? (Only one Per bed of course.)

Thanks! ~ Evan Life Level 32 ( I think ) Life Wizard.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
For the same reason that wizards don't use bathrooms, eat, or sleep in the game. They aren't relevant to game play. It's assumed that wizards do all of these things when they aren't questing.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
colagada wrote:
For the same reason that wizards don't use bathrooms, eat, or sleep in the game. They aren't relevant to game play. It's assumed that wizards do all of these things when they aren't questing.

A part of the game is making your own house, and hanging with your friends. If Wizard101 was made JUST for doing quests than why do they have Houses, and why are you able to add friends?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I have been playing this game since 2008 and the same comments and request has been ask through out the spiral about housing items from many. Most of the random wizards that I have spoken to have asked me how come KI has not made much effort in making more actions such as walking up to a chair/ bed and the action "x" appears to actually sit down or lay down. Which is a very puzzling question since this game is very amazing with so many features/graphical affects. Most of us would love to be able to sit down on our thrones and have a role play get together and a chat. Since the whole idea of new housing items have came about most of us are wondering will there also be a new housing dungeon plus more special affects such as sitting? Please respond with more request concerning housing items and their actions. Or a reason why or why not.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
here's the idea, wizards could be able to do these basic things like: sit, eat (optional), sleep (optional), drink (optional). Wherever i put (optional) it means it won't effect anything like health or mana if you do it, but i think you should be able to sit at least.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
linhphamm on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
here's the idea, wizards could be able to do these basic things like: sit, eat (optional), sleep (optional), drink (optional). Wherever i put (optional) it means it won't effect anything like health or mana if you do it, but i think you should be able to sit at least.
I see you are not new here so you know that all of this has been requested and denied by KI for years. We will simply never be able to sit or lay down. The reasons have been clearly stated by Professor Greyrose many times over.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2013
Agreed. It could benefit all the role players and people who just want to have a tea party with their friend. Also, maybe we can actually jump onto things. Jumping has no effect as of now, and I think it would be fun if we could jump over fences and such. Of course, no jumping over world boundaries (Such as Elik's Edge.)And hope I'm not ranting on about this, but a swimming animation. I guess it relates to "Basic Things". Most water in the game is foot deep or unavailable for you to walk in. The water that does go farther up, youre technically still walking, so a swimming animation, and you can buy pools in the crown shop.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
goldfish8 on Mar 29, 2009 wrote:
Can you make your wizard go to bed? i think you should let them sleep.
Umm... I can see maybe interacting like sitting in a chair but that's kinda creepy... lol no offense but I honestly think that's pointless and doesn't really make any sense. Plus I'm pretty sure the admins would think that that is weird...

Survivor
May 04, 2011
goldfish8 on Mar 29, 2009 wrote:
Can you make your wizard go to bed? i think you should let them sleep.
That's also kind of like if you asked, "What about the bathroom?" it's a little awkward.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I think sitting is a good idea. Sleeping is very suggestive.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
By the way, you can't even say the word "bed" in chat, it blocks it out.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Prospector Zeke on Dec 5, 2010 wrote:
Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future.
I can't see why people sleeping in beds are that bad if you make it so that only one person can be in a bed at a time.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Prospector Zeke on Dec 5, 2010 wrote:
Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future.
You are right! I could see how this could effect a few things... If someone wants to teleport hen someone sits down, they are sent "five feet" away from where they sit. If someone does the glitch thing where they go far with a mount, make the items only indoor items.
With persistence, anything can be achieved