Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do wizards sleep?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
maybe we just cast a lot of coffee spells and are too hiper to sleep lol but that is a good question maybe they do after you log off just a thought

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
It would be cool if you could interact with furniture items. Like you could sleep in a bed, sit in a chair, and read a book

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

I agree totally. it would be so nice to be able to sit on a couch or chair while talking to someone at a house or lay on the bed and take a nap.

One major complaint I have is placement. Ever try to center a picture over an item? it's almost impossible. and I have tools that are standing upright in the middle of my yard because I can't lean them against the building or a tree or something. it just plain looks bizarre. :(

Autumn Jadeheart (Magus Sorcerer)

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Staff of Wizard101, I have had a thought. If you are meeting a friend any where, so lets say Unicorn way. Your waiting, waiting and waiting. and you want to sit down. but we cant yet. so is it possible for you to add sitting to the game. Also as the beginning states there are two others. Lying down, and sleeping. for these my examples are, if you are at home (in real home: you are watching movie or something else and your taking a break from the game.) You are in your dorm, or house/ castle. you have a bed for show not for use, so why not get furniture items in the game and not a sight for sore eyes. Please change it to this way, for the sake to rest our legs, please!

Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future.

haha i never thought of that.... Is that why you censor things that arent even that bad...

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
i see how laying in bed in "inappropriate" but its still a good idea......you could make it so only one person could be in the bed that would keep "pervs" from doing that stuff on the game

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
There's no real point to laying down. I can see wanting to put your 'toon to bed when you leave the game for the night but, when you log back in, you "wake up" where you last were in the spiral and not in your dorm or castle anyway. I don't know why that is but it is. I wish you could be at your game house when you log in but laying down still would not be necessary. You could just leave your 'toon sitting at the table looking at a map or having a snack. Maybe leave them cooking so you could have breakfast together when you got back. LOL! I do think most things should be interactive though. Sitting on benches, sofas and chairs. Reading your books and turning the pages once in awhile. Cooking and eating. Carrying things in your hands that you are moving in your house. Actually petting your pets and maybe the pets of friends. I can think of tons more too but this has been talked about for more than a year that I know of. I'll be very surprised if it ever really happens.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
You do realize this is an RPG, not a Sims game? Why would a wizard need to sit down?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
crazysteve25 wrote:
i see how laying in bed in "inappropriate" but its still a good idea......you could make it so only one person could be in the bed that would keep "pervs" from doing that stuff on the game

That, sadly wouldn't work. I could tell you how that measure could be circumvented if it weren't for the danged overly PC Code of Conduct

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

how bout if the player is 13+. plus i do c why it is inappropriate for some wiz but not all. trust me it wouldnt be something really bad if youcould lay down in a bed or something compared to things i watch and stuff

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
we already have plenty of emotes. While people are used to a sitting function, it would not really have any purpose other than asthetic. Not to mention that if you meant sitting on furniture, there's so many different sized chairs and stools that it would be... complicated to add a sitting animation.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
You do realize this is an RPG, not a Sims game? Why would a wizard need to sit down?

You do realize that RPG stands for Role Playing Game and some people like to Role Play when playing a Role Playing Game? A wizard needs to sit down for all the same reasons his master does.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
how bout if the player is 13+. plus i do c why it is inappropriate for some wiz but not all. trust me it wouldnt be something really bad if youcould lay down in a bed or something compared to things i watch and stuff

The Entertainment Software Ratings Board ratings are E (everyone), E10 (everyone 10+), T (teen, or "E13" as you put it), M (mature), and A (adult). The wizards in Wizard101 will never be able to lay down because that would fall under suggestive themes by ESRB standards, which would make the game rated T and no longer a family game. Do you realize how much money KI would lose if that happened? Of course not; young kids like you don't realize that actions have repercussions. It doesn't matter if you watch things on TV that you shouldn't be watching; it's the law and in reality doing this would most likely ruin KI and Wizard101 would then cease to exist.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
kwyl wrote:
You do realize that RPG stands for Role Playing Game and some people like to Role Play when playing a Role Playing Game? A wizard needs to sit down for all the same reasons his master does.

Yes, RPG does stand for Role Playing Game; however, normal human everyday actions like sitting, laying down, and sleeping are not usual abilities in RPGs. If you look at popular RPGs like The Legend of Zelda series, the God of War trilogy, and the Sonic series, I'm sure you would see that. Like I said, there's no reason to sit or lay down in a game because it's a game! These wizards aren't real; they don't need to lay down, they don't have to sit down to change their boots, and they don't get tired! There's no reason to add this because there's no use for it.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
kwyl wrote:

Yes, RPG does stand for Role Playing Game; however, normal human everyday actions like sitting, laying down, and sleeping are not usual abilities in RPGs. If you look at popular RPGs like The Legend of Zelda series, the God of War trilogy, and the Sonic series, I'm sure you would see that. Like I said, there's no reason to sit or lay down in a game because it's a game! These wizards aren't real; they don't need to lay down, they don't have to sit down to change their boots, and they don't get tired! There's no reason to add this because there's no use for it.

Actually, in the case of a RPG you are correct, but only because you're alone and playing through a completely linear style of game, Wizards is a MMORPG meaning while yes there is a main story to complete there are other things to do on the side. You are also playing with other people and are able to converse with them so the action of sitting really could add to the game in terms of roleplaying. What wizard has ever not sat down and read a book of some sort? We have chairs and sofas why not use them when you and your friends are taking a break and hanging out at your castle.

Not the most important thing, but It would be a cool cosmetic for the game, but thats just my opinion, As far as laying down, I agree that under the ESRB it would translate as suggestive so negatory on that.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:

The Entertainment Software Ratings Board ratings are E (everyone), E10 (everyone 10+), T (teen, or "E13" as you put it), M (mature), and A (adult). The wizards in Wizard101 will never be able to lay down because that would fall under suggestive themes by ESRB standards, which would make the game rated T and no longer a family game. Do you realize how much money KI would lose if that happened? Of course not; young kids like you don't realize that actions have repercussions. It doesn't matter if you watch things on TV that you shouldn't be watching; it's the law and in reality doing this would most likely ruin KI and Wizard101 would then cease to exist.

Way to be dramatic about! But david he does have a point.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Aonim wrote:
Actually, in the case of a RPG you are correct, but only because you're alone and playing through a completely linear style of game, Wizards is a MMORPG meaning while yes there is a main story to complete there are other things to do on the side. You are also playing with other people and are able to converse with them so the action of sitting really could add to the game in terms of roleplaying. What wizard has ever not sat down and read a book of some sort? We have chairs and sofas why not use them when you and your friends are taking a break and hanging out at your castle.

Not the most important thing, but It would be a cool cosmetic for the game, but thats just my opinion, As far as laying down, I agree that under the ESRB it would translate as suggestive so negatory on that.

The fact that we're not alone in the game doesn't change the fact that these actions are superfluous. However, if there were necessary actions in the game (reading a book, doing homework), then it would make more sense to have the corresponding action (sitting down, working at a desk). As for the furniture argument, I don't get why furniture sits in your castle only to collect cyberdust either. I don't get the whole concept of furniture to begin with; to be honest, it just seems like one more unnecessary item we get from monsters/bosses to prevent us from getting what we really want from a monster/boss.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Way to be dramatic about! But david he does have a point.

Sadly, I wasn't being dramatic; that is the risk KI makes by allowing something as seemingly innocent as laying down or sleeping be added to the game.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

technically sims in an rpg game

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
crazysteve25 wrote:
Ya, they should let one person lay on the bed maybe not both that wouldn't be good for a kid's game but it could have a function to: Double health regeneration amount gained AND rate of regeneration.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

technically sims in an rpg game

Actually, no. It's a simulation game, a type of game that replicates activities in real life in the form of a game. A role-playing game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fantastical setting.