Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Cave of Solitude is too hard to traverse.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I have no problem with the regular dirt roads in the Cave of Solitude, but the cave area in the middle is hard to navigate correctly without being pulled into a battle.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
I have no problem with the regular dirt roads in the Cave of Solitude, but the cave area in the middle is hard to navigate correctly without being pulled into a battle.

It is hard, but not impossible.

I found that if I go slow, watch the patterns, and walk "behind" them, I don't get caught (at least not as often as I used to...). And I never use a mount in that area. I walk.

Also, use the teleporters. They save a lot of time and traveling through that middle area.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Defender
May 30, 2010
tell me where and when to meet u in game and i help you there way to do it

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I, too had a hard time. Then I "discovered" the portal stones. If you can get to the other side, go find one of the stones and set it so you can use it instead to trying to fight your way through each time. It saves time and a lot of irritation!

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
ssss55123 wrote:
I, too had a hard time. Then I "discovered" the portal stones. If you can get to the other side, go find one of the stones and set it so you can use it instead to trying to fight your way through each time. It saves time and a lot of irritation!
Alright, thanks. I actually found the portal stones just last night, now. I am still missing one...I have the one by Koto and the one close to the entrance with the corrupted earth spirits. ;) 8) 8) 8)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
ssss55123 wrote:
Alright, thanks. I actually found the portal stones just last night, now. I am still missing one...I have the one by Koto and the one close to the entrance with the corrupted earth spirits. ;) 8) 8) 8)

Personally I go though it once, I mark the goat in middle every time I talk to him. I go all the way though and to the left for that Transport Stone, it takes a little figuring but between that and porting to Jade Palace and walking back in I manage to avoid the cave walk though again totally. The only time I have to deal is just one pad of monsters is when you have to go into the middle island for a toward the end quest. Other wise there is no way to repeatedly go though that thing with out getting caught at least a few times.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:

Try unequipping your mount and walking through the maze in the center of the Cave of Solitude. If you do use a mount, a broom would be a good choice. The other mounts are too big to safely navigate such a narrow and hostile place.

Gotta watch out for those enraged kraken (s). They bite!

Qbb/Iridian/Rowan/Scarlet/Moira

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Oh My Gosh! I hated that place so much. I used meh panther mount if there wasn't any monsters in that area. What really irritated me was the monsters going up and down the bridge. I was so happy when i got to leave that place!

Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
I agree, what I did was wach the monsters, if they go in a circle if a kraken is standing in the middle. Another thing you can try is using the teleporters to get accross and if you need to talk to the spirit who's name leaves me right now just mark your location by him.
Alexandra Goldesong Level 43 ice and soon to be done with mooshu

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
it wuz hard 4 me 2, but i found out it just takes patience and recognizing paterns :-)

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
your right and its worse for me because i am storm :x :-(

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
MooShu (and Marleybone for that matter) requires alot of paitence. You must watch the patterns, wait for opportunity, and strike when the moment is just right. This can be tricky, but with practice it becomes easier. As others have said, try to avoid mounts. Walking works better.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
KingCobra022 wrote:

I don't have too much trouble walking around. I mean, there is this one spot where I can't seem to get through very easily, but, if you follow behind or stick to the sides, it's really not too hard.

Katie FairyDust Lvl 40 Ice Wizard
Katie Unicorn Lvl 15 Life Wizard

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
KingCobra022 wrote:

Me and my sister had a hard time to but it didn't stop us. The Cave of Solitude is hard but you can get it done.
Olivia Firerunner signing off!