Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for low lvl pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ok i have seen many low lvl pvp warlords and wanna know, how, what school should i be, what spells should i use to be like them. I have gotten a warlord on almost every level tier except for below 15. I just cant win, strategies, anything plz. I would be very appreciative of anything that can help me win. TY in advance

Sean Fireblood (my main char) lvl 70 fire

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
There are Two main things you need to know about fighting at initiate. First is adopting a defensive aggressive approach, you have to sustain a hit with low health and be able to deal out a massive hit at the same time, Remember as you go up in rank your opponents will be three times your level.
Second is sidedeck selection and Timing, with 8 treasure card sides and max rank 3 spells in main every card has to have a purpose, there is no winging it. One missed step will get you killed.

*there are three times as many SKILLED, STRATEGIC individuals fighting in low level then when I started, becoming very popular amongst hard pvp players*

What school should you use? The two obvious choices are fire and myth to start out with, as you become more familiar you can branch out it to some of the more challenging schools to bring up. Fire and myth both get their attack blade before level 13 and have some good trained spells to work with.

FIRE- Fire elf basically obliterates and chance your opponent has of shielding your attacks from first. A trained storm and ice combo shield comes in handy for those popular storm treasures everyone leans on. IMO the best entry minion in low level, he heals himself and you, spams smoke screen steady and breaks shields so you can easily topple most schools. And of course good damage, health is a bit low but can easily be countered with entry lvl 10 resist gear and pet. Remember pets have to be perfect, takes forever to get one with double resist and spritely but 15% resist is crucial in a game of inches.

MYTH- Most people will choose this school and for good reason, It is a flawless school in low level, only school with a trained minion at initiate level (two actually with 0 pip puppet) so you can pack three troll minions in your main, every other school has to use a treasure form and packing two in their side is risky business. Double attacks when boosted properly will give your opponent close to zero chance of defending.

Warning: Don't get discouraged by insane bolt spammers, right now kingsisle has it available for people as low as level 1 to strike and kill you in the first round before you can make a move. When it happens just keep moving forward, I'm sure it will get addressed eventually....

Listen I have more than 2000 fights under my belt at low level with most schools and am willing to help you with training point distribution and deck construction if you want to dig a little deeper.

Justin Ashcloud

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:
Ok i have seen many low lvl pvp warlords and wanna know, how, what school should i be, what spells should i use to be like them. I have gotten a warlord on almost every level tier except for below 15. I just cant win, strategies, anything plz. I would be very appreciative of anything that can help me win. TY in advance

Sean Fireblood (my main char) lvl 70 fire

diviner with a good storm pet like storm hound or one that gives a dragon blade

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ty Justin that really helped and deck construction help would be nice. And i agree with the spammer thing that is lame, but ya know you cant dwell on it too much. Ty for evrything
Sean Fireblood