Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Free for all!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
Many many wizards have been posting this on 2009. Well, I wanted to bring the idea back! But since AoE's are a bit overpowered now, each wizard is going to have to buy a deck called FFA _____ (Depending what they are e.g: Adept Sorcerer) deck.

This deck would have the same space as any other deck at that same level for each school! Only rank 4 spells and under are allowed! Yes, I know, you want to use your amazing Storm Lord. Well, it would be overpowered getting hit by 7 AoE's! So, what do you think on this re-found idea?

Here's the edit since I had to leave:

I'm expecting to see complaints and such on this idea if it's bad/good. Well, if KI were to let ANY rank spell to be used in a free for all match, the game is done!

So, if the wizard does not have an FFA deck equipped, they will not be able to participate in a free for all duel. The deck will be the item restricting rank spells. I understand that some schools have WEAK spells for rank 4, so here are the exceptions!
Scald
Frost Armor
Frozen Armor
Pet spells WILL be allowed!
Rebirth (an HoE would only heal yourself of course!)
Dryad
Heckhound
Judgement
Storm Hound
Skeletal Pirate
Wraith
Any X rank spell

This would be a very fun and challenging match! Also, the PvP chat feature will block all other players on their other team! There is a way to program this a bit. Just maybe make each symbol where the wizard is at to be its own team.

This would even out the playing field, because each wizard is going to have to use strategy instead of just letting their spells do all the work for them. Rank 4 spell ARE powerful!

Yes, I know, Sun trained wizards do have an advantage in this, but Moon can polymorph! They can just use the Gobbler again and again to stall until there is 1 enemy left! Also, this will make each wizard want to prepare their deck well, get the best gear possible, make their pet max out their stats, so this will bring many wizards to their top amount of skill.

I like the idea, but what about minions? What about storm and there beastly tempest? How will the matches be set up? Wont it take a while to match all those rankings and levels?

Example:

lvl 70 captain
lvl 6O warlord
lvl 70 commander
lvl 63 captain
lvl 70 captain
lvl 70 commander
lvl 70 warlord

To some people, that might not be fair.

Mycin legenddreamer
jason dreamgiver

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

So 7 wizards would lose ranking, 8 would win the bounty?

Kinda unfair... x_x Maybe a house that allowed this only? Imagine

Number 1 House for holding the most parties: FREE FOR ALL HOUSE.

Yes, 7 wizards will lose rank, but 1 will gain:
8th: -8
7th: -7
6th- -6
5: -5
4: -4
3: -3
2: -2
1: +8

If 2 wizards die in the same "round", then they would both count as 8th...
The person that survives last will gain xp no matter what. This will not be a type of battle in a house, only in the arena.

Wouldn't this unbalance points? How bout this.

8th -18

7th -17

6th -16

5th - 15

4th +15

3rd + 16

2nd + 17

1st + 18

This way points will be balanced and you can earn more.

Why do 4th and up start gaining points? You have to win to get them, same with the pet derby.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Many many wizards have been posting this on 2009. Well, I wanted to bring the idea back! But since AoE's are a bit overpowered now, each wizard is going to have to buy a deck called FFA _____ (Depending what they are e.g: Adept Sorcerer) deck.

This deck would have the same space as any other deck at that same level for each school! Only rank 4 spells and under are allowed! Yes, I know, you want to use your amazing Storm Lord. Well, it would be overpowered getting hit by 7 AoE's! So, what do you think on this re-found idea?

Here's the edit since I had to leave:

I'm expecting to see complaints and such on this idea if it's bad/good. Well, if KI were to let ANY rank spell to be used in a free for all match, the game is done!

So, if the wizard does not have an FFA deck equipped, they will not be able to participate in a free for all duel. The deck will be the item restricting rank spells. I understand that some schools have WEAK spells for rank 4, so here are the exceptions!
Scald
Frost Armor
Frozen Armor
Pet spells WILL be allowed!
Rebirth (an HoE would only heal yourself of course!)
Dryad
Heckhound
Judgement
Storm Hound
Skeletal Pirate
Wraith
Any X rank spell

This would be a very fun and challenging match! Also, the PvP chat feature will block all other players on their other team! There is a way to program this a bit. Just maybe make each symbol where the wizard is at to be its own team.

This would even out the playing field, because each wizard is going to have to use strategy instead of just letting their spells do all the work for them. Rank 4 spell ARE powerful!

Yes, I know, Sun trained wizards do have an advantage in this, but Moon can polymorph! They can just use the Gobbler again and again to stall until there is 1 enemy left! Also, this will make each wizard want to prepare their deck well, get the best gear possible, make their pet max out their stats, so this will bring many wizards to their top amount of skill.

I like the idea, but what about minions? What about storm and there beastly tempest? How will the matches be set up? Wont it take a while to match all those rankings and levels?

Example:

lvl 70 captain
lvl 6O warlord
lvl 70 commander
lvl 63 captain
lvl 70 captain
lvl 70 commander
lvl 70 warlord

To some people, that might not be fair.

Mycin legenddreamer
jason dreamgiver

A 10 level difference isn't too much, and I agree that this will take a while to start up a match, but as soon as it's created, no doubt matches will start quickly.

Minions won't be effective here, just like they're not effective in 4v4. If 1 person flees, then minions will still not be in effect.

Remember, before the Storm wizard could try to hit their decent Tempest, they would probably be defeated. There can be team-ups and such, so Storm has to act the fastest.

Defender
May 29, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

6th- -6

The person that survives last will gain xp no matter what. This will not be a type of battle in a house, only in the arena.

8th -18

7th -17

6th -16

5th - 15

4th +15

3rd + 16

2nd + 17

1st + 18

Why do 4th and up start gaining points? You have to win to get them, same with the pet derby.

In pet derby, when there is 3 people you must win to get Points. But when there are 4, when you get second place you earn 5 when you get first you earn 10. 3rd, -5 4th -10. This was the system i wanted to happen, but I can see how gaining points at the forth person could be easy to get points.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
In ranked?

6th- -6

8th -18

7th -17

6th -16

5th - 15

4th +15

3rd + 16

2nd + 17

1st + 18

In pet derby, when there is 3 people you must win to get Points. But when there are 4, when you get second place you earn 5 when you get first you earn 10. 3rd, -5 4th -10. This was the system i wanted to happen, but I can see how gaining points at the forth person could be easy to get points.

Oh, well I've never gotten second in the pet derby, lolz. Just 1st places unless I lost connection (Which happened allot!)
So, the top 2 getting points would be fair, but the 2nd place gets half the first placer got.