Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Novice Question

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I apologize if this is a dumb question. Perhaps I don't fully understand the system. I have done about six practice PvP matches, and won all of them in one hit. Not because of my awesome skills, but because everyone I am matched against is like level 1-17. I am level 70 (Myth). It's embarrassing, and I feel like apologizing afterward. I am doing the "quick join" 1v1 option, and this is what I get. I don't have friends willing to play with me, so I'm not sure how else to go about it. I am not ready for ranked matches--I've only been doing this for like 2 days. I would like to get better. Is there a way--a time of day, or something--that might ensure a more equitable match-up? I really would like to improve my skills, but this is clearly not the way. Advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Tabitha

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
I apologize if this is a dumb question. Perhaps I don't fully understand the system. I have done about six practice PvP matches, and won all of them in one hit. Not because of my awesome skills, but because everyone I am matched against is like level 1-17. I am level 70 (Myth). It's embarrassing, and I feel like apologizing afterward. I am doing the "quick join" 1v1 option, and this is what I get. I don't have friends willing to play with me, so I'm not sure how else to go about it. I am not ready for ranked matches--I've only been doing this for like 2 days. I would like to get better. Is there a way--a time of day, or something--that might ensure a more equitable match-up? I really would like to improve my skills, but this is clearly not the way. Advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Tabitha

Hi Tabitah,

Under the Practice matches, you leave it set to ALL at the top.
Then at the bottom, select Create Match.....
Leave everything in it's default state but the Level.
Click on the Level and set it to 68 and then press Create.
This will get you some good matches, and the longer you wait,
the more likely you are to get a Warlord (which will be great practice and
a good learning lesson to see how they play).

Good luck, and I'm sure I will see you in Ranked... : )

Joe.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

Tabitha
if lower lvls dont put lvl restrictions on their matches then it is slightly sad for them because they could face anyone, and you cant do a thing about it.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Under the Practice matches, you leave it set to ALL at the top.
Then at the bottom, select Create Match.....
Leave everything in it's default state but the Level.
Click on the Level and set it to 68 and then press Create.
This will get you some good matches, and the longer you wait,
the more likely you are to get a Warlord (which will be great practice and
a good learning lesson to see how they play).

Joe,

Thanks so much for explaining this! I got my first good match, against a level 70 Life. She was nice, and I even won--although not without losing a lot of health first. But it was fun, and I am looking forward to trying again. As for ranked, well, as I see it, I need about 40 practice matches (at least) before I am ready to try that. But someday...

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
tabby714,

Really wish that I had been smart enough to play some practice matches first. I lost a bunch of matches before my brother started helping me.
Forty is a good number, because that will let you see a lot of what you will see in Ranked.
I can still remember my first few matches, I was sweating and my hands were almost shanking, and my younger brother had tears in his eyes he was laughing so hard. I was like so confused and didn't know what I was doing.
Wow, just great times.....I loved it.

Have fun,
Joe.