Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interesting teaming, in 3v3 and 4v4.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Last night, it was getting kinda last, and I decided to watch a few pvp matches. The first team was a Level 70, a and three level 1's (all Ice). The team they were facing was a Level 70 and three level 1's (all death).
The level 70 Ice was 3306, and the Level 70 Death was in the 2000 ranking.
All team members had the exact same name, on each team.
So all the Ice team members had the same name (don't remember it now).

I have seen lots of complains on this, but that 3306 told me how much this tatic is being used in PvP. What a way for a player to rank up, way up fast.

What do you think about this?

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Last night, it was getting kinda last, and I decided to watch a few pvp matches. The first team was a Level 70, a and three level 1's (all Ice). The team they were facing was a Level 70 and three level 1's (all death).

I have seen lots of complains on this, but that 3306 told me how much this tatic is being used in PvP. What a way for a player to rank up, way up fast.

Joe.

Imo, Death would most certainly have a much higher chance of winning in this situation. Using a Scarecrow would be VERY effective for a heal, so I think Death would be the very best out of the best in that strategy (or at least having the easiest time).
One strategy that I saw and hated, was in ranked pvp!:
All the level 1's had may cast smoke screen on their pets. And they all used stuns/Smoke Screens, and then there was a level 70 Storm! The level 70 Storm wizard spammed out Siren's and then the other team lost too easily! That was one epic strategy to use, and I don't even think the top 4 players in wizard101 could compete up to that!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Eh, i don't understand it. The majority of the time, you battle a Transcended anyways, so why not just 1v1?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
lucara wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Eh, i don't understand it. The majority of the time, you battle a Transcended anyways, so why not just 1v1?

Lucara,

It's how they match up the other team. If you have a Level 70 and three level 1's, they will most likely get matched up against a set of level 19's or below. Even four level 18's most likely can't take on a Level 70 with a solid all around attack, resist, high boost, and Criticals. So, I expect that normally it's an easy win for the Level 70 and his three level 1's. I don't expect that the Level 70 expected to run into another team with the same setup.
I can see this as a real fast way to Level up, if you have two, three or even four account's and PC's. I think the huge Ranking of 3306 is proof of this, well maybe?
Exactly why I stick with 1v1, I know that most of the time, I'll get a good match.

Joe.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i dont mind the tatic having tried it myself. i see it IS very useful in getting easy matches but you take a big risk if you lose. if you do lose you usually lose +20.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
I've proposed a potential solution to these "puppet teams" - not to ban them, just to apply a bit of a penalty so they get matched with a tougher (and fairer) team. It's in this forum under:

2v2 (and other multi Rank) Pairing Exploit

Historian
May 01, 2010
LOL I think I actually watched some of the match you were talking about (never forget a rank that high, eh?). But anyway, usually, this is only a problem with randoms vs them, where the randoms are chosen based on the average of the friends team, most of the other times, I saw matches similar in people (level 33 and 70, level 20 and 70; level 1, 1, 70, level 1, 14, 70 etc.)