Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I too low a level to be in Marleybone???

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Hi. I just defeated Krokopatra with a few friends. I'm now in Marleybone. I have one teensy little question. Am i too low a level to be in Marleybone?? I'm a level 22 and when i did the Warehouse quest, I got beat with a few hits. I have Seraph, gear that increases my health, 1,352 health and 174 mana. Again, am I too low a level to be in Marleybone? I'm waiting for my answer now :-D

Autumn Pixiedust
level 22 Life.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Level 22 does seem a little low, but not impossible to be in MB. You may want to do the side quests you skipped to boost your stats and gear and spell options. Otherwise, it would be useful to have friends to help you out constantly.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Level 22 is far too low to be in Marlyebone. I would guess that you haven't done any of the side quests. Skipping side quests is a bad habit to get into. The game was designed so that you'd be strong enough to face enemies if you've done all quests, storyline and side alike. My advice is to go back and do all of the side quests in both Wizard City and Krokotopia, including Colossus Boulevard if you haven't done it, and including Crab Alley (Sohmer Sunblade on Triton Avenue begins that series).

-----

The rest of this post is for the original poster and also for those who may come across it in a search:

If you skip the side quests, you're at two disadvantages:

1) You'll be under-powered throughout the entire game, using fewer spells and wearing equipment with lesser stats than if you'd done the side quests and earned the experience.

2) When it's time to go to Celestia, you need to be level 48. If you skip the side quests, you'll be about 5 levels short. To get those levels, you'll have to go back and do most of the side quests anyway.

Instead of being under-powered the whole way and then having to do most of the side quests later anyway, it makes more sense to do them as you go and be at the right strength. You'll save a lot of time, effort, and frustration in the long run by doing the side quests as they show up.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
colagada wrote:
Level 22 is far too low to be in Marlyebone. I would guess that you haven't done any of the side quests. Skipping side quests is a bad habit to get into. The game was designed so that you'd be strong enough to face enemies if you've done all quests, storyline and side alike. My advice is to go back and do all of the side quests in both Wizard City and Krokotopia, including Colossus Boulevard if you haven't done it, and including Crab Alley (Sohmer Sunblade on Triton Avenue begins that series).

-----

The rest of this post is for the original poster and also for those who may come across it in a search:

1) You'll be under-powered throughout the entire game, using fewer spells and wearing equipment with lesser stats than if you'd done the side quests and earned the experience.

2) When it's time to go to Celestia, you need to be level 48. If you skip the side quests, you'll be about 5 levels short. To get those levels, you'll have to go back and do most of the side quests anyway.

Instead of being under-powered the whole way and then having to do most of the side quests later anyway, it makes more sense to do them as you go and be at the right strength. You'll save a lot of time, effort, and frustration in the long run by doing the side quests as they show up.

Wrong. I've seen level 20 players in MB, I got there at 23, WHAT!

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Truth be told, your never to low to be in a world. Well, besides celestia, zafaria, grizzle/winter, and wysteria. If you were that low level, you A-are very superior to all in some epic and destructive way, crashing the dark side of the force upon us all, or B- just got a lot of help from friends. Ok, I know we all vote B, I was just a little worked up over this book called Origami Yoda and the sequel Darth Paper Strikes Back. (Go Star Wars!)

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Ok, I have read all your messages. I dont think lvl 22 is that low a level and second of all, I dont wanna do side quests. Bcuz i dont wanna do all that extra fighting, maybe die, and i have a prob with my mouse. So really i cant fight, I may need to discard. And in order to discard i need to right click. That isn't working!

~Destiny Deathblood Lvl 38 Magus Death Mooshu~

~Autumn Pixiegem Lvl 22 Adept Life Marleybone~ <- one in MB <-

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Yes, it does seem to be very low. A person should be in Marleybone at around 26. I think I know what you did that you got there so early. . . you didn't do Wysteria.I know since my wizards are. . .

Carlos Skullthief Level 43 Dragonspyre
and
Antonio Stormfist Level 22 Krokatopia

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Its better to do side quests so you are not overpowered the whole game, but if you dont have a problem fighting, you dont have to do them.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
wizarofice wrote:
Yes, it does seem to be very low. A person should be in Marleybone at around 26. I think I know what you did that you got there so early. . . you didn't do Wysteria.I know since my wizards are. . .

Carlos Skullthief Level 43 Dragonspyre
and
Antonio Stormfist Level 22 Krokatopia

Hmm, i got to KT at lvl 9 but lvled up when I had to talk to the salamander. I didn't do any sidequest AT All! So i decide that it was b/c i did not side quests. And btw, Wysteria is only open to wizards at 25 only. I am a lvl 22. I have 3 more levels to go. And I get friends for battles here and there, but not constantly.

~Destiny Deathblood Lvl 39 Magus (Almost Master EEE!) Necromancer MS~

~Autumn Pixiedust Lvl 22 Adept Theurgist MB~

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
wizguygoo wrote:
Truth be told, your never to low to be in a world. Well, besides celestia, zafaria, grizzle/winter, and wysteria. If you were that low level, you A-are very superior to all in some epic and destructive way, crashing the dark side of the force upon us all, or B- just got a lot of help from friends. Ok, I know we all vote B, I was just a little worked up over this book called Origami Yoda and the sequel Darth Paper Strikes Back. (Go Star Wars!)

Alrighty, listen. Not trying to be mean or anything. Think about it. I had some help, like the Throne Room of Fire, and the Vault of Ice. And I was attempting to solo the Temple of Storms for the second time, but appeared one of my friends and than two random wizards. Don't really count that one, b/c they just ported. The rest of the way was solo for this young lady! B/c I learned from my Death Wiz a strategy. So solo my good fellow, Solo.

~Destiny Deathblood Lvl 39 Magus Necromancer Mooshu (New area)~

~Autumn Pixiegem Lvl 22 Adept Theurgist Marleybone (Ranked up to Sergeant but lost O: .)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
colagada wrote:
Level 22 is far too low to be in Marlyebone.
Wrong. I've seen level 20 players in MB, I got there at 23, WHAT!

I've seen level 5 players in Dragonspyre. That doesn't mean they're strong enough to be there.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
22 is not to weak, as long as you are questing with friends for that is about about when my second death got there

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
winter9944 wrote:
Hi. I just defeated Krokopatra with a few friends. I'm now in Marleybone. I have one teensy little question. Am i too low a level to be in Marleybone?? I'm a level 22 and when i did the Warehouse quest, I got beat with a few hits. I have Seraph, gear that increases my health, 1,352 health and 174 mana. Again, am I too low a level to be in Marleybone? I'm waiting for my answer now :-D

Autumn Pixiedust
level 22 Life.

Level 22 is he perfect level for Marleybone. But you could train up higher if you dont think its safe to be in Marleybne And I am just warning you some bosses there of 1,000 hp and above. So GL and have fun there!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
...heheh, i deleted Autumn Pixiedust (i thought is was Pixiegem) , but my other Life, that i made, got there at lvl 20 >< So Destiny Lifeblood, got there at lvl 20 xD hahah. 2 lower levels.

Destiny Deathblood lvl 43 Master (almost spelt Magus ><.) Dragonspyre Death

Destiny Iceblood lvl 7 Apprentice Wizard City Ice

Destiny Stormblood lvl ?? (didn't start it lol)

Destiny Lifeblood lvl 20 Adept Marleybone Life

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
winter9944 wrote:

Autumn Pixiedust
level 22 Life.

Maybe, but my ice was lvl 24 when he finished krokotopia. I recommend that you do MANY side quests starting with the ones from the mayor and the guard at barkingham palace. If you run out of non-combat quests you can always go to grizlehiem although the xp is really bad until you get to ravenscar.

Good luck!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Woah, thats quite low for Marleybone! I always go into worlds overleveled, as you need to be lvl 48 for Celestia.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
winter9944 wrote:

Autumn Pixiedust
level 22 Life.
i have a lvl24 that got past hyde park and she only became one recently, i think i was about a 21 when i went to mb so your not to low, in fact i dont think anyone is to low for anything, is just that some have a harder time than others! hoped this helped.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Kingcobra022 you are so wrong. You have to do side quests or youll be very under-powered in MS, CL ,and ZF. Youll get PWNED if your in ZF and dont know your lvl 58 spell.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Hate it when people ask if they are too low level.

1st. Do some side quests and level to get more health
2nd. If you were too low level, do you think you would actually be there?
3rd. MarleyBone is SUPPOSED to be harder, of course you might die a couple battles there, worlds get harder and harder
4th. Maybe get a little friends to help???

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
ya i dont think you should be in marleybone at lvl 22 :P

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
winter9944 wrote:

Autumn Pixiedust
level 22 Life.

Unlike everyone i guess, i did all the side quests and entered marleybone at the level of 31 :D I dont care that in this case i am so high level. The reason behind this is, I did little bit of grizzleheim and wysteria(full wysteria) and then did krokotopia. Level 22 is not that low level for this but yeah it is kinda low as you dont have enough rank spells to beat the bosses.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Side quests can be irritating, however, they do give you lots of battle experience to come up with the best strategies for your Wizard, as well as experience to level up.

Each world is going to be more difficult. If someone doesn't do side quests, they they'll never level up enough to get ALL of the spells for their school, and they're going to be lacking in power and health for the tough ones (CL & ZF)

I've seen too many super low ranked Wizards joining in MY battles on DS, CL & ZF. These Wizards port to a higher level friend, join battles they can't handle, then flee, leaving us appropriately ranked Wizards holding the bag with extra enemies to battle.

If you can handle Marleybone, go for it. But, as you get to other worlds, it will be much more difficult to battle without the appropriate gear and spells.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
OMG, thats way more notes!
Anywho, I've Decided, That I'm Gonna Do The Side Quests That I Didn't Wanna Do, So I Can Level Up More, And Get The Extra Badges , Life Has A Ton Of Health (Ice Has More) But Weak Spells (No Offence Life) Don't Really Help >< I Learned That When I Got Kicked, Haha, Ugh, Atleast I'll Get Badges :D

Destiny Deathblood Lvl 44 Death Necropolis

Destiny Lifeblood Lvl 23 Life Hyde Park

Destiny Iceblood Lvl 7 Ice FireCat Alley (Did Cyclops Lane First)

~If You Think A Dream Is Impossible, Follow It, For You Will Complete It~

Survivor
May 01, 2011
I entered Marleybone at level 25. Im a level 36, going on 37 now its no big of deal. But these people are right you should try some side quests and make sure you train strong cards or else you wont do very well. Good luck!!! :D

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
colagada wrote:

-----

I agree. Do NOT skip side quests. I always do all the side quests, but when I got into Mooshu, I was anxious to get into Dragonspyre. Sooooo, I skipped most of the Mooshu side quests, got into Dragonspyre and now I'm regretting doing that. Now I'm stuck finishing all the Mooshu side quests just to be done with that world. (I don't know about anyone else, but it bugs me when I have a ton of quests to do from a previous world). So yeah, don't skip side quests.

Sabrina Goldendust
Lvl 44 Conjurer