Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-10-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's always busy around these parts but sheesh, it's been a crazy one! However, it's Friday and time for a little fun, so here we go! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about battles this week. What is your all time favorite experience battling a baddie in the Spiral and why? Perhaps you enjoyed taking down Malistaire? Maybe you just enjoyed fighting Samoorais because they were cool looking?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! Stay fiery!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Aww man, all time favorite? That's tough, I'm going to say it was me and a group of three in Tower of the Helephant in Wysteria. Way at the end, we're in the fight not having much of a hard time, blizzard spamming wasn't too much of an issue actually. But our life buddy suddenly goes silent. I see her passing 4 times in a row.
"Are you out of cards?"
"Yep"
So our heals are cut off now. Then the other two suddenly drop out with empty cards or pips. But a critical minotaur comes in for the save! That was fun.

Go, go buffalo!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Let's talk about battles this week. What is your all time favorite experience battling a baddie in the Spiral and why? Perhaps you enjoyed taking down Malistaire? Maybe you just enjoyed fighting Samoorais because they were cool looking?

My favourite boss-battle was with Mithraya, at the end of Trial of the Spheres. I soloed the whole thing (even though beating Astraeus was akin to pulling teeth), and I beat her on the first try, but not before she *critical* healed.

I got to Zaf that day, but went back to ToS with 2 friends the following night and we had a blast. :)

-

Second place, Malistaire- my favourite villain, who's not really a villain, because he's not evil (just misunderstood, hahaha). That's likely because that story was so well-written, and that whole cut-scene triggered my guilty conscience after my team and I gave him a thrashing. What's with that, KI? We're supposed to *want* to beat him up, not show up in his lair with a plate of cookies and talk about things, like civilized wizards. :P

Third is a tie, between Sylvia Drake and Yeva Spiderkeeper. I felt kind of bad beating Sylvia up (sure, her husband went crazy and tried to take over the Spiral, but that's not exactly her fault); also worth noting, Yeva's closet is to die for! And I love Dragonspyre, but you guys have probably all noticed that by now.

/2 cents and shameless fan-girl-ing. :P

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, my all time favorite fight before Celestia, were the Ravens at the end of Grizzleheim.

After Celestia, I would have to say, my favorite fight is Sylster.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
May favorite battles are the "hidden" bosses such as Yakado, Youkai, Smogger, etc. You have to do something special to summon them and they give unique drops ( if you were lucky lol )

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I loved the the green men in wysteria, you could do more of those, and lord bramble had a nice look to him too. The four sons of ymir were an interesting group, and there could possibly be more enimies like them. But of all the great monsters, the greatest i've seen was Aurek the mighty in Wintertusk. There are very few things that could compare to fighting a yeti. You defenetly need to make more of those, or at least a good sized forest lord.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's always busy around these parts but sheesh, it's been a crazy one! However, it's Friday and time for a little fun, so here we go! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

fighting jade oni on my ice character

it was like battling a life wizard in pvp with a bit of a power stradegy

and the health that was a lot and needed a friend or so to help

edit
i changed my mind i just fought the last boss in briskbreeze

trust me i dont want to fight him again ever

to rough and scary

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
The final battle in Wintertusk because we were able to figure out the "game" without looking up the rules ahead of time and were successful on the first try. Usually for those cheating bosses we have to try more than once or look up the rules.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Okay, I have two of them:

1. When I got my Level 48 Myth spell, Orthrus:

I won't post any spoilers, but, when you get to this point, be sure to pay attention to what is said by Cyrus, Dworgyn, and the person talking when you get the animation in Mooshu.

Someone had a real sense of humor when they made this one. I absolutely loved it !

It made my day ! :D

And today I just found this quest:

2. Snorri Oysterbloom in Northguard/Grizzleheim:

Again, you must pay attention to the dialogue on his two quests, Sitting Bear and Fall Tree Bowers.

These quests for me were so different from the "go kill somebody, and collect something". I was really quite surprised by the dialogue, but like I said, it made my day! And it made me smile. Thank you ...

Survivor
May 08, 2011
My fav was beating Meowarity with 2 other wizards. I got Mastermind! :D

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hmm. This time ill make it in order :D
3:Krokopatra
2:The Joutns
1:MALISTARE

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
My favorite fighting expierence by far was probably fighting the star boss in The Trial of Spheres. It was annoying and fun at the same time when "The stars aligned again" or when he shielded 90%. By the way . . . SO not an hour and a half dungeon!! It took my two friends and I 45 minutes to beat him! The rest of the dungeon took an hour and a quarter! It was really exciting and really got down to the limits! (Of health and cards . . .) :D

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I love fighting the treants. I don't know why, but just looking at them, and watching the way they flail when they take damage, and cast spells always makes me laugh.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
It was the final floor of Big Ben. I was just about to complete Marleybone(this was at least 3 years ago). Suddenly, during the battle, my two partners had to get off. I was left with an angry Agony Wraith and an even angrier Meowiarty to fight alone. It was looking really bleak until one of my friends teleported. I knew him in real life, but that's not what amazed me. As of the previous day, he didn't have a membership. He was only in Krokotopia, at level 18 ice, so the battle was still doomed. Then another of my friends teleported to my first friend. I didn't even know he had an ACCOUNT, let alone a membership. He was only level 5 storm, but his help actually turned the tide of the battle and I got to go to Mooshu.

Second best? Malistaire. Final showdownish epicness!

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I forget the name of the tower - but it's one in Marlybone that has the cheating bosses - you know the one at the end who will spam scarecrow even though she doesn't have the pips required to cast it.

It took a one other friend and myself several attempts to get to the end of the tower - and once we got to the end - oh boy!

We got hit so many times with Scarecrow we died again and again. Each of us died at least three times in that fight and had to use potion bottels or port to DS to load up on health and mana after our bottles ran dry - and then we still lost!

On the final run through the tower we got to the end and I managed to get a couple of blades up and a trap on the boss and then - thanks to critical rating gear - I did massive amounts of damage that had us dancing for joy!

All I can say is - "more like this, please!"

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I have a couple favorites.

One is Jotun. It's the first boss fight where I went, "OMG, look at their health. How are we gonna win this?"

The other is the last two boss fights in Nastrond. One is fighting all the bird bosses you fought earlier in Ravenscar, and then you fight against Nordri and the sons of the ice titan. Both are a good challenge for two wizards.

Administrator
These are awesome, folks! Thanks for sharing your battle stories with us. New FF shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea